• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu News, Christmas 2012 Edition!

First look:

[Wii] PreCure All Stars Zeninshuugou*Let's Dance - 2013/3/28 release, Music, Bandai Namco
[PSV/PS3] ONE PIECE 海賊無双2 - ONE PIECE PIRATE MUSOU 2 2013/3/20 ACTION Bandai Namco
[PSV/PS3] GUNDAM BREAKER - 2013, Action, Bandai Namco
[PS3/360] Army of Two:The Devil's Cartel - 2013/3/28 release, Shooting, EA

New games:

[PSP] Mahjong, BOOST ON - 雀聖学園 クロノ★マジック - PSP, Suzume Gakuen Chrono*Magic 2013/3/28
[PSV] DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS 2013/3/20 Fighting Koei-Tecmo
[PSV] Meruru no Atelier Plus ~The Alchemist of Arland 3~ - メルルのアトリエ Plus ~アーランドの錬金術士3~ - 2013/3/20 RPG GUST
[PS3] Mugen Souls Z Spring - 圧倒的遊戯 ムゲンソウルズZ - 2013, RPG, Compile Heart
[PS3/360] EDF 4 - 地球防衛軍4 - 2013, STG D3 Publisher

Upcoming release dates:
[WiiU] Need for Speed:Most Wanted [EA] 2013年3月14日
[PSP] The Pet Girl of Sakurasou [Kadokawa Games] 2013年2月14日
[PSV] The Pet Girl of Sakurasou [Kadokawa Games] 2013年2月14日
[PSP] Eiyuu*Senki [5pb.] 2013年
[PS3] Eiyuu*Senki [5pb.] 2013年
[PS3] Oretachi ni Tsubasa ga Nai [5pb.] 2013年

Some more info as follows...

Sauce: Gematsu, Gematsu again

Gematsu said:
Glass Heart Princess (PSP) – 9/9/8/7 [33/40]
Black Wolves Saga (PSP) – 8/8/7/7 [30/40]
Suiheisen made nani Mile? Original Flight (PSP) – 7/7/6/6 [28/40]
Daia no Kuni no Arisu: Wonderful Wonder World (PSP) – 7/7/7/6 [27/40]
Yaneura no Kanojo (PSP) – 6/6/5/5 [26/40]
Tokyo Yamanote Boys Portable (PSP) – 8/8/7/7 [30/40]
White Album 2 Shiawase no Mukougawa (PS3) – 10/9/9/9 [37/40]
New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
Nintendo Land (Wii U) – 9/8/9/9 [35/40]

Apparently Famitsu scores.

Gematsu said:
Lightning’s new costume is designed by Tetsuya Nomura.
You’ll be able to change Lightning’s costume and costume color during the game.
Time is always flowing, except for when your menu is open on the field.
Every NPC’s whereabouts and actions will constantly change.
Certain information can only be obtained at specific times.
Lightning is the only playable character.
Lightning uses “Styles” in battle. Each Style consists of a certain weapon, shield, accessories, and abilities.
You can customize Lightning’s appearance and ability considerably.
By defeating monsters, Lightning can earn points to increase her available time, and items to strengthen her equipment.
The battle system name has not yet been determined. Right now, they’re calling it the “Amazing ATB” battle system. Rest assured, it’s tentative.
Though you’re only controlling one character, it feels as if you’re fighting with multiple, according to the mag.
Monsters appear even in the city.
Black haze will appear in specific areas at certain times. The new area will become monster territory.
Half of the game’s monsters are new.
The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)
Kitase guarantees you’ll be satisfied by the outcome of previous games’ characters’ stories.

More Lightning infos.

NFS MW wii u has a date in Japan before...
LLShC.gif

B.K.

[PSV] Meruru no Atelier Plus ~The Alchemist of Arland 3~ - メルルのアトリエ Plus ~アーランドの錬金術士3~ - 2013/3/20 RPG GUST

So that retailer leak was right. I wish NISA would release the Vita versions of Totori and Meruru in America, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Since the retailer information was likely right, here's some more information about the Vita version of Meruru.

he PS Vita version will include the PlayStation 3 version’s download content, new events (you’ll water at the mouth, apparently), new costumes, and more powerful bosses.

Additionally, if you keep your save data for Atelier Totori Plus, you will unlock new costumes for Totori in Atelier Meruru. If the save happens to be game clear data, Totori’s weapons will become more powerful.

http://gematsu.com/2012/12/retailer-outs-atelier-meruru-plus-for-ps-vita

demidar

This is the next game in the serie. It sold nearly 800k in Japan alone, so it makes sense to make another one :)

They'll be hard pressed to create new story bits since they already went up to the war (or was it Fishman Island?). Maybe they'll add in Skypeia and the movies?

They'll be hard pressed to create new story bits since they already went up to the war (or was it Fishman Island?). Maybe they'll add in Skypeia and the movies?

They are adding Skypedia in some way. They could also add in Thriller Bark which they skipped in the first game and actually add anything in the post-timeskip parts since that was basically a tutorial scene in the first game.

Hell, just expanding the existing stories with more battles and characters would work as well.

Caj814

The game’s conclusion can be experienced straight from the package. (No download content will need to be purchased, unlike Final Fantasy XIII-2.)

Anyone else find this hilarious that this is something that has be mentioned as a bullet point now?

Is there really no chance that we will get the Vita Atelier games? :(

Atelier Ayesha still not announced for US, NISA still have no words regarding this, KT handling european release they could very well handling atelier localization in the US too, which mean there is probably no chance we'll be getting vita atelier.

Coxy

Wow Gundam Breaker actually looks pretty cool, love the micro machines style maps and different scale models

Atelier Ayesha still not announced for US, NISA still have no words regarding this, KT handling european release they could very well handling atelier localization in the US too, which mean there is probably no chance we'll be getting vita atelier.

Actually NISA did announce that Atelier Ayesha would be released in the US in July.

NIS America confirmed they will localize Atelier Ayesha during their Anime Expo panel. During a Q&A session, producer Jack Niida asked fans to wait three or four months for more information about the English version of Atelier Ayesha.

Of course, it's already almost been 3-4 months since then, but they did acknowledge it is coming.

Gravijah

i think "no chance" is way too pessimistic.

Meruru Plus on the way so soon!

Chance of an Atelier Ayesha port next year looking pretty high now! By then I might have a Vita (maybe). I'll double dip on that one with uber bosses and an extra dungeon to go with it. :D I just hope they have that uber awesome, fantastic, brilliant, lovely BGM DLC again for the portable version. I gotta look up if Totori Plus had one.

RurouniZel said:
Probably 'cause it doesn't hold a candle visually to the other two.

Yeah, plus they didn't want to put in the time and effort to bring it up to par with the other two. These ports are quick cash-ins.

The Totori port didn't change anything with the game that I'm aware of, and the additions were very small.

Totori was probably the biggest advancement in the Arland trilogy with enhanced graphics, a new world map system, MP and LP gauges, bigger field environments (as opposed to the narrow passage ways in Rorona), bigger bosses, and more time (three years for the first half of the game) to do a plethora of stuff, etc...

Meruru takes the improvements from Totori and polishes it up even more with some sweet battle music to boot.

They probably think Rorona isn't in the same ballpark without changes and they'd profit off more from a Totori and Meruru port.

But who knows.... only Gust does!

Anyway, by March next year we might hear what new game Gust is up to next!

-Merry Christmas!

Stark

Banned
Lightning Returns info sounds great. Hope the next showing is soon.

And nice Meruru got the VITA treatment. :3

tmarques

Lightning Returns sounds great...now I have to beat the first two.

Finally decided to start the original FFXIII... Jesus, I thought the detractors were being drama queens.

4th chapter and it still feels like I'm playing the tutorial. Thing is just a long corridor (if you see a branching path, it only lasts a couple of feet so it can "hide" a chest) broken up every now and then by a fight (which consists of pushing X a few times) and INCESSANT cutscenes with abominably boring people either whining or being inappropriately cheerful.

I think this game killed the series for me.

SJRB

Gold Member
I for one am pretty surprised that it's nearly 2013 and people still believe "OMG NEXT ISSUE!!!" teases.

Yeah shame on me for having expectations when a magazine says "surprise for MGS fans next issue" right after a huge trailer and then delivers fucking NOTHING. What was I thinking.

Finally decided to start the original FFXIII... Jesus, I thought the detractors were being drama queens.

4th chapter and it still feels like I'm playing the tutorial. Thing is just a long corridor (if you see a branching path, it only lasts a couple of feet so it can "hide" a chest) broken up every now and then by a fight (which consists of pushing X a few times) and INCESSANT cutscenes with abominably boring people either whining or being inappropriately cheerful.

I think this game killed the series for me.

I TOLD YOU

I TOLD YOU DAWG

Well I didn't tell you, but I could have.

Top Bottom