• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu News, Christmas 2012 Edition!

Respawn

Banned
Finally decided to start the original FFXIII... Jesus, I thought the detractors were being drama queens.

4th chapter and it still feels like I'm playing the tutorial. Thing is just a long corridor (if you see a branching path, it only lasts a couple of feet so it can "hide" a chest) broken up every now and then by a fight (which consists of pushing X a few times) and INCESSANT cutscenes with abominably boring people either whining or being inappropriately cheerful.

I think this game killed the series for me.

Yup.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Finally decided to start the original FFXIII... Jesus, I thought the detractors were being drama queens.

4th chapter and it still feels like I'm playing the tutorial. Thing is just a long corridor (if you see a branching path, it only lasts a couple of feet so it can "hide" a chest) broken up every now and then by a fight (which consists of pushing X a few times) and INCESSANT cutscenes with abominably boring people either whining or being inappropriately cheerful.

I think this game killed the series for me.

the game is absolute garbage, I have tried like 3 times to play it and always manage to make it out of the first area and then drop it. I detest all the characters, and the gameplay just doesn't compensate for the shittiness of the plot/characters unlike say SO4 where the game IS fun to play regardless of crappy story/characters.

It's the worst 'big-budget' rpg I've played since Legend of Dragoon. I wish they would've gone the FFXII route instead of following the FFX formula of extreme linearity but people loved FFX so...

test_account

XP-39C²
the game is absolute garbage, I have tried like 3 times to play it and always manage to make it out of the first area and then drop it. I detest all the characters, and the gameplay just doesn't compensate for the shittiness of the plot/characters unlike say SO4 where the game IS fun to play regardless of crappy story/characters.

It's the worst 'big-budget' rpg I've played since Legend of Dragoon. I wish they would've gone the FFXII route instead of following the FFX formula of extreme linearity but people loved FFX so...
Have you only played the first area in FF13?

Top Bottom