• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu reviews (Mar 11 issue)

Udde

Enthusia: another Driving Emotion? Almost nobody can handle it, but those who can are really enjoying it ^_^

How many of you have actually completed Fable?

It's a good rpg, a solid 8 at least. Sure it didn't live up to the hype but it was never going to, and it provides an excellent building block for a sequel (which should be something really special).

peedi

Banned
Optimistic said:

It's a good rpg, a solid 8 at least. Sure it didn't live up to the hype but it was never going to, and it provides an excellent building block for a sequel (which should be something really special).

I did. It's the definition of mediocrity. From the graphics to the empty gameplay, there is NOTHING remarkable about Fable.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Optimistic said:

I bought it... got it home... let it sit for a few weeks... decided I didn't like how the box cover art looked... and got rid of it.... j/k.... about the box cover art comment.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Odnetnin said:
what's irony? Didn't you sell your copy of fable? The loading and breakup of the world alone warrants a 6-7/10 for Fable... as does its world with NO REAL REPERCUSSIONS. All revelations with extended play.

Shallow upon close examination = Fadle.

No, I didn't sell my copy - I really enjoyed the game. It may not have been OMG AMZATRON GAMEZ EVAR! but it was a really enjoyable, innovative RPG.

The irony lies in the fact that it recieved such a high score from a japanese review mag when its nowhere near a traditional japanese RPG - and that bothered many people on this forum. And some people just can't deal with the fact that it recieved good to great reviews from all the press.

peedi

Banned
I'm surprised that Famitsu scored it as highly as they did, Gash. I'm used to the American/European press gushing over every high-profile Xbox release. It's clear that the press over here is quite enamored with M$ -- which, strangely enough, doesn't jibe with the public's preference for the PS2. Anyway, when Fable scores higher than, say, a Star Ocean 3, there is something wrong, with the latter looking and playing better than the former. This is one of those few instances where I truly believe money hats came into play. Fable is a 6 game, AT BEST -- no fucking way it deserves anything higher.

reriel

please ! someone can traslate the interviews of sakaguchi, okamoto e mizuguchi ? ;__;
something new ? è__é

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
peedi said:
I'm surprised that Famitsu scored it as highly as they did, Gash. I'm used to the American/European press gushing over every high-profile Xbox release. It's clear that the press over here is quite enamored with M$ -- which, strangely enough, doesn't jibe with the public's preference for the PS2. Anyway, when Fable scores higher than, say, a Star Ocean 3, there is something wrong, with the latter looking and playing better than the former. This is one of those few instances where I truly believe money hats came into play. Fable is a 6 game, AT BEST -- no fucking way it deserves anything higher.

the vast MS consipiracy reachs to the homeland apparently now

LakeEarth

Good to see Fable got the score it deserves. Screw the haters, it's a fun game. Just because it isn't everything you hoped and dreamed does not make it a bad game.

Top Bottom