• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu reviews (Mar 18 issue)

Jonnyram

PS2 Demon Stone 7,6,7,6 (26)
PS2 Azumi 6,5,6,4 (21)
PS2 Duel Masters 7,7,7,9 (30)
PS2 GetRide! 6,6,5,5 (22)
PS2 Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Evolution 10,8,9,10 (37)
PS2 Shining Force Neo 8,8,8,9 (33)
PS2 Bokura no Kazoku 7,7,7,6 (27)
PS2 Wild Arms 4th 8,8,8,8 (32)
PS2 Ys III 6,5,4,4 (19)
PS2 Yokushin Gigawing Generations 7,6,6,6 (25)
PS2 Gakkou wo Tsukurou! Happy Days 7,7,6,7 (27)
PS2/GC Konjiki no Gashbell Tag Battle 2 7,7,6,6 (26)
Xbox Spikeout Battle Street 7,7,7,7 (28)
GBA Nyan Nyan Nyanko no Nyancollection 7,7,7,6 (27)
GBA Shin Sangoku Musou 7,8,7,8 (30)
PSP Bleach 8,7,7,7 (29)
DS Gamen genei satsujin jiken 7,8,7,7 (29)
DS Egg Monster Hero 8,9,7,8 (32)
DS Space Invaders DS 6,6,6,6 (24)
DS Touch! Kirby 9,8,8,9 (34)

Random fact: Shining Force Neo and Egg Monster Hero were both developed by Neverland.

Unison

PS2 Shining Force Neo 8,8,8,9 (33)

Despite any abuse of the franchise's name, the video of this lookged great. The score is promising!

Xbox Spikeout Battle Street 7,7,7,7 (28)

This score suggests it's not totally fucked up, which means it's probably great as far as beat-em-ups go! It's tough to imagine something in the genre getting a 10.

Not sure what to make of this score, really...

DS Touch! Kirby 9,8,8,9 (32)

But this one seems kinda disappointing! What did they give Yoshi Touch & Go?

Ill Saint

Wasn't it co-developed by them? Anyway, nice score! Hopefully people will be a little more optimistic about this game now.

Grubdog

Banned
Jonnyram said:
DS Gamen genei satsujin jiken 7,8,7,7 (29)
DS Space Invaders DS 6,6,6,6 (24)
DS Touch! Kirby 9,8,8,9 (32)

Random fact: Shining Force Neo and Egg Monster Hero were both developed by Neverland.
Uh, that Kirby total is 34. Nice score for a game that isn't an RPG! :p

Looking forward to playing Kirby and Egg Monster Heros.

Unison

john tv said:
Yikes. I hope this is just another typical Famitsu screw-up... :/

Isn't that the Side Scrolling Ys? That one sucked.

The rubber-band level up trick was neat though. :D

duckroll

Dead said:
Wow a 32! WHODA THUNK IT??

For reference, Wild Arms Advanced 3rd got 32/40 and Wild Arms Alter Code F got 33/40. 32-33 scores for big RPGs are standard, regardless of quality.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the famitsu/ds lovefest continues. they sure like touching. anyway, it's good to see indications that shining force turned out well and that spikeout isn't a disaster.

Snowball

Banned
====================================

Highest score in Winnign Eleven history. Is it right?

Anyway I hope that the score is not just due to the new ONLINE feature (that we worldwide player won't be able to use). Ok, now the countdown begins. Super hype mode ON.

Snowball

duckroll

drohne said:
the famitsu/ds lovefest continues. they sure like touching. anyway, it's good to see indications that shining force turned out well and that spikeout isn't a disaster.

Only if you also believe that Nanobreaker is better than Spikeout and KHCoM is way better than Shining Force Neo! :lol

Socreges

Banned
Snowball said:

Highest score in Winnign Eleven history. Is it right?

Anyway I hope that the score is not just due to the new ONLINE feature (that we worldwide player won't be able to use). Ok, now the countdown begins. Super hype mode ON.

Snowball
Be sure to give us impressions, eh?

Yeah, one of my most expected DS titles! Can't wait for play this!

PS2 Ys III 6,5,4,4 (19)

Ouch!! What happened to Ys series?

duckroll

Hey Jonny, if you actually have the damn issue, it'll be appreciated if you can tell us what they said about Ys3 that made it deserving of a 19/40 even in Famitsu terms. :D

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Hey Jonny, if you actually have the damn issue, it'll be appreciated if you can tell us what they said about Ys3 that made it deserving of a 19/40 even in Famitsu terms. :D
All reviewers say that there's not enough content. The one that gave it four says it's got some element of nostalgia to it but whether that is good or bad depends on the user. The real killer is that it's so expensive for what is basically a port. (6090 yen)

Odnetnin

Banned
KIRBY GOT THE BEST SCORES ALL ISSUE?!?

what can I say. :shocked: It did look innovative but I never liked the kirby handheld titles. This is now a maybe contender for purchase... eventually

duckroll

Odnetnin said:
KIRBY GOT THE BEST SCORES ALL ISSUE?!?

what can I say. :shocked: It did look innovative but I never liked the kirby handheld titles. This is now a maybe contender for purchase... eventually

You must have missed this:

Hey, thanks neo and jonny. I see the forum's fucked up for everyone else too. :(

Odnetnin

Banned
duckroll said:
Hey, thanks neo and jonny. I see the forum's fucked up for everyone else too. :(

I can't access some of the pages. Can someone see if the PS3 > Xbox threads are openable? It won't do it for me. Just goes to a null page. What is happening?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Jonnyram said:
:O :O

Was willing to get Egg Monster Hero already, but this completely confirms it. Might have to grab Shining Force Neo now as well.. wasn't too keen on that sucker though since no Camelot means no Shining Force love.

acidviper

Banned
Yoshi got a 35. If my math serves me right Kirby got a 34(???). I find this hard to believe. Kirby seems to have a lot more strategy and the drawing looks to be a lot more forgiving. IE the lines stop Kirby instead of slowing him down and the loop-de-loops look super fun as opposed delicate temp clouds.

Bebpo

Banned
Just wanted to bump that the Bleach PSP scores make sense now.

According to the official website it's fighting game with a whooping total of FIVE characters + 1 unlockable character bringing the total to SIX

wow, that's gotta be the skimpiest I've ever seen a company be with a fighter.

Dead

well not really...yet
Bebpo said:
Just wanted to bump that the Bleach PSP scores make sense now.

According to the official website it's fighting game with a whooping total of FIVE characters + 1 unlockable character bringing the total to SIX

wow, that's gotta be the skimpiest I've ever seen a company be with a fighter.
Wow. I was thinking if importing it, but 6?? :\

Jonnyram

Cool. Now I can also post in this thread and say I agree with Famitsu that Yoshi is better than Kirby, but that's personal preference for you :)

krypt0nian said:
Still a big enough Bleach fan that I'm getting this. Look like its equivelent to the first Naruto.

It should since it's developed by...

8ing.gif

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
speedpop said:
:O :O

Was willing to get Egg Monster Hero already, but this completely confirms it. Might have to grab Shining Force Neo now as well.. wasn't too keen on that sucker though since no Camelot means no Shining Force love.

Very interesting... I loved Lufia 2 and CIMA, and Chaos Seed looked really cool as well. Definitely one of the most underrated RPG companies there is. Those scores for Shining Force Neo are making me very interested...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
MassiveAttack said:
It should since it's developed by...

8ing.gif

Eighting developed the Naruto games? Didn't know that, although it makes sense...but according to Gamefaqs it says Tomy developed the first and second Naruto fighting game for GC, while Eighting made the third one. A misinterpretation on their part?

madara

What was reason for low Ys 3 score? crap job like Ys 1 and 2 ps2 or something else? Given Ys 6 crappy sales here and these scores, sadly it looks over for Ys here and that just plain sucks.

duckroll

madara said:
What was reason for low Ys 3 score? crap job like Ys 1 and 2 ps2 or something else? Given Ys 6 crappy sales here and these scores, sadly it looks over for Ys here and that just plain sucks.

It can't be over if it never started. :lol

jarrod

Banned
Kiriku said:
Eighting developed the Naruto games? Didn't know that, although it makes sense...but according to Gamefaqs it says Tomy developed the first and second Naruto fighting game for GC, while Eighting made the third one. A misinterpretation on their part?
Yep. Eighting is actually the most prolific 3D fighting game developer these days. List!

-Bloody Roar: Hyper Beast Duel/Beastorizor (System 11) Hudson 1997
-Bloody Roar (PlayStation) Hudson/SCEA/Virgin 1997
-Bloody Roar 2: Bringer of the New Age/Beastorizor 2 (System 11) Hudson 1998
-Bloody Roar 2 (PlayStation) Hudson/Activision/Virgin 1998
-Bloody Roar 3 (System 246) Hudson/Namco 2001
-Bloody Roar 3 (PlayStation 2) Hudson/Activision 2001
-Tekken Advance (Game Boy Advance) Namco 2001
-Bloody Roar Extreme/Primal Fury (GameCube) Hudson/Activision 2002
-Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! (GameCube) TOMY 2002
-Bloody Roar Extreme (Xbox) Konami 2003
-Bloody Roar 4 (PlayStation 2) Hudson/Konami 2003
-Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 2 (GameCube) TOMY 2003
-Konjiki no Gashbell: Yujoh Tag Battle (GameCube) Bandai 2004
-FullMetal Alchemist: Dream Carnival (PlayStation 2) Bandai 2004
-Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3 (GameCube) TOMY 2004
-Konjiki no Gashbell: Yujoh Tag Battle 2/Zatchbell (GameCube) Bandai 2005
-Konjiki no Gashbell: Yujoh Tag Battle 2/Zatchbell (PlayStation 2) Bandai 2005
-Bleach: Heat the Soul (PSP) SCEI 2005

madara

duckroll said:
It can't be over if it never started. :lol

Huh, it was released on ps2 week or so ago, so it started. Game does exist outside of PSP, honest. Ys 3 by taito was claimed to be remade ground up like Ys 1 &2, which is why wondering that reviewers said. Though not as remade as what Falcom is now doing, confusing. But my statement still stands with Ys 6 sales extremely low no way we see more of then sadly.

Top Bottom