• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 29th

EXGN

Looks like a new title? The subtitle(according to Google translate =\) is Labyrinth of the Soul, which doesn't seem to match anything on the Wizardry wiki page.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jiggle said:
White Knight Chronicles 2 !

It's the second wave update to the first game.

Oh, never mind... I see it now. Heh. The scan anyway...
Figured there would be a sequel anyway with the ending the first one had...

Seraphis Cain said:
They didn't happen to review Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes (PS2) in this issue, did they? Comes out the same day as a few of the games listed in OP's post.

It got 4/6/5/5. Honestly, it should be expected, seeing how it's a Bandai developed cash in title. I feel your pain, though, since I'm a Gundam fanboy.

edit: Beaten!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
distantmantra said:
It got 4/6/5/5. Honestly, it should be expected, seeing how it's a Bandai developed cash in title. I feel your pain, though, since I'm a Gundam fanboy.

edit: Beaten!

Yeah. I'm not too concerned though. The scores for Kamen Rider games have been gradually declining over the years, to the point where the actually decent Kabuto game got a lower score than the abysmal Hibiki game. So I don't put a lot of stock in Climax Heroes' score. I know as a Kamen Rider fan I'll still enjoy it. :D

DogWelder

distantmantra said:
D3 appears to be starting up a "budget" line for the PS3. Simple 500 Series Vol. 1 is listed. I can't read the kanji, unfortunately.
Simple 500? Don't you mean 1500? Either way, sounds like this would work best on PSN.

Edit: Oh, it is 500. It's gotta be PSN.

distantmantra said:
D3 appears to be starting up a "budget" line for the PS3. Simple 500 Series Vol. 1 is listed. I can't read the kanji, unfortunately.
It's The Mahjong.

I hope the Simple Series is successful on PSN. It's been disappointing on PSP and Wii, and the DS series didn't deliver the kind of weirdness I liked in Simple 1500/2000.

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
WKC 2? Can North America please have part 1 soon? :(

No! We won't release it in North America until right before Final Fantasy XIII is released, because that's the best business decision.

jiji said:
It's The Mahjong.

I hope the Simple Series is successful on PSN. It's been disappointing on PSP and Wii, and the DS series didn't deliver the kind of weirdness I liked in Simple 1500/2000.

Ah, I figured it was something like Mahjong. Thanks.

If it remains only Simple 500, we won't be getting anything like Onechanbara, EDF, Maid and Machine Gun, Zombie vs. Ambluance, etc. Probably needs to be bumped up to Simple 2500 or Simple 3000.

Grimmy

Banned
R-TYPE TACTICSⅡ -Operation BITTER CHOCOLATE-

....interesting name
Out 10/29
5040 Yen retai/3800 Yen download

Are they the first to have such a big discrepansy in price between retail and download?

And what is that interesting looking PSP game? Magical Girl Lyrical The A's - The Battle of Aces-?

Grimmy said:
R-TYPE TACTICSⅡ -Operation BITTER CHOCOLATE-

....interesting name
Out 10/29
5040 Yen retai/3800 Yen download

Are they the first to have such a big discrepansy in price between retail and download

I'd willingly pay an extra 1200 yen for a case, artwork, UMD and instruction manual.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
blah issue after last week.

looks like SMTSJ is gonna get the bi-weekly update treatment.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Seraphis Cain said:
[PS2]Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes - 4,6,5,5

:(

While I know Famitsu isn't really something to put up as an almighty gospel of reviews...

SEE, THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUT A KAMEN RIDER GAME WITHOUT THE BADASS SHOWA RIDERS AND ONLY THE GHEY HEISEI RIDERS

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ookami-kun said:
While I know Famitsu isn't really something to put up as an almighty gospel of reviews...

SEE, THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUT A KAMEN RIDER GAME WITHOUT THE BADASS SHOWA RIDERS AND ONLY THE GHEY HEISEI RIDERS

Yeah, cause having Showa Riders in the game would have made ALL the difference in the world. :lol

The game was going to get a bad review either way. As was stated earlier in the thread, it's a Bandai produced cash-in game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, but at least I'll enjoy it more because it has Amazon, Black/RX, and Stronger. <3

mujun said:
Kagari says different, who's right?

Either way, the can only improve on the first seeing as (imo) it sucked hard.

The Famitsu article is about the 2nd Wave update to the first game, but there's also a small blurb about a sequel being in production.

WKC 2nd wave is an update.

WKC I - 2nd Wave (2nd major update)
-You can create your own world with Georama system (think back to Dark Chronicle I believe) and populate it with NPCs, create farms and gather crops and what not
-You can give NPCs various occupations
-You can invite other players as well.

-Guild rank limit raised to rank 15
-Start of pay-to-buy system, but the Georama system will have a tremendous amount of playability even w/o spending a single dime
-Pay-to-buy equipment is more for people who want a unique aesthetic look. Pay/free equipment players will not have any benefits/disadvantages
-Remaking avatar will cost money, but you can completely recustomize your avatar

xfactor

Banned
to be fair it doesn't exactly says 'sequel' too. It translate to 'next chapter is in the midst of production' or something along that line, but i believe it means a sequel

camineet

Banned
R-TYPE TACTICS 2 (PSP) -- GAME OF THE FOREVER 2 :D :D

Drinky Crow: "there will NEVER be anything better than this. EVER."

:D

Tenbatsu said:
Dam 100 pages MH3 insert for next issue of Famitsu? Must buy!

Blech. Just another reason why I don't read or get hype for Famitsu anymore. A very slow 2009 where things like this and DQ9 are supposed to be the things to get hyped about. No thanks. J market is in such an ugly slump.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
adversesolutions said:
Blech. Just another reason why I don't read or get hype for Famitsu anymore. A very slow 2009 where things like this and DQ9 are supposed to be the things to get hyped about. No thanks. J market is in such an ugly slump.

You crazy.

Top Bottom