• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 29th

Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, cause having Showa Riders in the game would have made ALL the difference in the world. :lol

The game was going to get a bad review either way. As was stated earlier in the thread, it's a Bandai produced cash-in game.
Black makes any thing better man
anything..

duckroll

The article in the magazine is about a WKC DLC update called 2nd Wave. But it also mentions that the sequel is indeed in development. There are just no details on it (duh).

Paracelsus

duckroll said:
The article in the magazine is about a WKC DLC update called 2nd Wave. But it also mentions that the sequel is indeed in development. There are just no details on it (duh).

Georama in WKC1 + WKC2 in development = Dark Cloud 3 put to rest indefinetely.

sprsk said:
You crazy.

I dunno, I still pick up Famitsu 360 and Arcadia, but the genres I really care about: fighters and shooters have either already blown their wad (SFIV and BlazBlue), or have had a few misses (KOFXII and Deathsmiles 2). Then the rest of the news is about JRPGs which I can't even summon passing interest in anymore. If anything I just wait for the next bit of news from the West about MW2, Dead Space sequels and Bethesda games.

Sigh. I am the opposite of who I was at 15.

xfactor said:
[PSP]Tales of VS. - 8,8,8,8

[PS2]Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes - 4,6,5,5

[360]Dream C Club - 8,9,7,8

Go Dream Club! :D Gonna get my preorder in soon :)

Also, decent score for ToVS, wasn't gonna pick it up for a while but may get it this month...

Any idea on why KR rated so low? :(

New Title/Info

White Knight Chronicles (sequel) - PS3

Damn it, good news and all but I want the original in English! :(

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Lafiel said:
Whoa @ wizardry on PSN wonder if it's a completely new game or a port / remake of a wizardry title?

Hopes for remake

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
adversesolutions said:
I dunno, I still pick up Famitsu 360 and Arcadia, but the genres I really care about: fighters and shooters have either already blown their wad (SFIV and BlazBlue), or have had a few misses (KOFXII and Deathsmiles 2). Then the rest of the news is about JRPGs which I can't even summon passing interest in anymore. If anything I just wait for the next bit of news from the West about MW2, Dead Space sequels and Bethesda games.

oh... you be so matoor!

mujun

adversesolutions said:

Same here, I was all about Japanese games for the longest time, from like 90 to 2002. Some stuff kept me interested after that, SNK stuff, an interest in JRPGs I developed when DQ8 came out, etc but as much as I look into stuff hoping to find something to spark my interest the bulk of the game I buy now I import from Europe and the States.

KOF 12 killed my hopes of getting back into the arcade scene :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Any idea on why KR rated so low? :(

Yeah, I'd like to know what they thought about it, really. Though I can probably guess why it scored so low.

Kamen Rider + fighting game + Bandai cash-in + PS2 + Famitsu = Low score.

Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, I'd like to know what they thought about it, really. Though I can probably guess why it scored so low.

Kamen Rider + fighting game + Bandai cash-in + PS2 + Famitsu = Low score.

What did the other KR game on PS2, released in 2006 I think, score? It was pretty enjoyable but really, most of that was if you were a fan of the franchise.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
JustAnotherOtaku said:
What did the other KR game on PS2, released in 2006 I think, score? It was pretty enjoyable but really, most of that was if you were a fan of the franchise.

Here's the Famitsu ratings for all the PS2 Kamen Rider fighters:

Kamen Rider Faiz - 7/6/6/6 (25/40)
Kamen Rider Blade - 8/7/6/7 (28/40)
Kamen Rider Hibiki - 5/6/6/6 (23/40)
Kamen Rider Kabuto - 8/6/6/6 (26/40)
Kamen Rider Climax Heroes - 4/5/5/6 (20/40)

Okay, first off I was way wrong in my previous statement that review scores have been declining for the KR games. Kabuto got a higher score than Hibiki.

Second, I can't see Climax Heroes being ANY worse than any of the other Kamen Rider fighters. Had it been reviewed around the same time the Kabuto game came out (2006), it would likely have gotten at least a 28. I'm willing to bet that Famitsu is judging Climax Heroes up against current games, not past Kamen Rider games. This can be pretty much verified by comparing the scores of the Kabuto game to the Blade game. Anyone who's played both knows that the Kabuto game is FAR better than the Blade game. And really just the fact that one of the Famitsu reviewers found the Blade game to be worthy of an 8 is hilarious.

So compared to what's out now, yeah, Climax Heroes is probably pretty bad. But compared to other Kamen Rider games, I'd stake money on it being pretty fun, at least for fans of the show.

mclem

There's also a Wizardry DS listed. New title in the series, or remakes? It's got no subtitle, which makes me wonder if it's simply Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord - but a single-title remake seems a bit poor considering there's already been a number of multipack remakes.

did The King of Fighters XII get a new review.

how come magicbox are reporting The King of Fighters XII (Xbox 360, SNK Playmore): 7, 8, 7, 7 - (29/40).

last week it scored 5, 5, 7, 5 - (22/40)

There goes Level-5 chance to skip being caught between many more projects than they can handle forcing them to delay most of them endlessly and localizations taking forever if they ever happen. Now we just need confirmation that they are working on DQX and that the three new games are indeed three more not known yet so I can give them the ultimate, two-handed facepalm.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not really.

Narutimate Hero series always scored around 33-38 despite being "cash-ins", though they are good games.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ookami-kun said:
Not really.

Narutimate Hero series always scored around 33-38 despite being "cash-ins", though they are good games.

Yeah, they're cash-ins. But they've also got a good dev team (CyberConnect2) behind them.

Kamen Rider games, however, have always been developed by C-tier teams. KaZe, Digifloyd, etc.

mujun said:
Same here, I was all about Japanese games for the longest time, from like 90 to 2002. Some stuff kept me interested after that, SNK stuff, an interest in JRPGs I developed when DQ8 came out, etc but as much as I look into stuff hoping to find something to spark my interest the bulk of the game I buy now I import from Europe and the States.

KOF 12 killed my hopes of getting back into the arcade scene :(

Why did we come to this forsaken land!! :lol

But at least I have Senko no Ronde II this month and the AM show to look forward to. Then MW2 and Mushi Futari this December.

biocat

xfactor said:
[DS]Tsuki Bit - 7,7,6,7
[DS]Akogare Girls Collection: Suteki ni Nurse Days - 7,7,7,7
[DS]Bleach DS 4th: Flame Bringer - 8,8,7,8
[DS]Irodzuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip - 9,8,8,9
[DS]Hottarake no Shima Kanata to Nijiiro no Kagami - 7,6,7,8
[DS]Blood of Bahamut - 8,7,7,8
[DS]Neko Neko Bakery DS - 5,6,6,5
[DS]Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood - 8,6,6,8
[DS]Miami Crisis - 8,8,6,7
[DS]Item Getter: Bokura no Kagaku to Mahou no Kankei - 7,7,6,6
[DS]Sekai Fushigi Hakken DS: Densetsu no Hitoshi-kun Ningyou o Sagase - 6,6,5,5

[PSP]Hayarikami 3 - 8,8,8,7
[PSP]Tales of VS. - 8,8,8,8

[Wii]Kororinpa 2: Anthony to Kiniro Himawari no Tane - 7,7,6,6
[PS2/Wii]SD Gundam G Generation Wars - 9,8,8,8
[PS2]J-League Winning Eleven 2009 Club Championship - 7,8,8,8
[PS2]Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes - 4,6,5,5
[PS3/360]Red Faction Guerrilla - 9,9,9,9

[360]Magna Carta 2 - 8,8,7,7
[360]Dream C Club - 8,9,7,8 <-Famitsu 360 score?

Just a couple corrections. Have the issue now. Anyone want to know what any particular review said?

biocat

adversesolutions said:
Curious what they brought up as problems for Dream Club. Besides that it's uh...socially problematic.

It wasn't reviewed in the regular Famitsu (I'm assuming that score is from Famitsu 360) so I can't tell you. Sorry!

Seraphis Cain said:
So compared to what's out now, yeah, Climax Heroes is probably pretty bad. But compared to other Kamen Rider games, I'd stake money on it being pretty fun, at least for fans of the show.

Yeah, I'm gonna still pick it up but think I'll wait until it's a bit cheaper.

biocat

Why has no one mentioned that Wizardry DS is amazon.co.jp EXCLUSIVE!?
Seems like something worth mentioning.

(edit)

Just thought I should add the subtitle for the game: Wizardry: &#29983;&#21629;&#12398;&#26964; (The Nexus of Life)

mujun

adversesolutions said:
Why did we come to this forsaken land!! :lol

But at least I have Senko no Ronde II this month and the AM show to look forward to. Then MW2 and Mushi Futari this December.

I never came for the media and I love living here ;)

From the looks of it Im hoping Level 5 will pull a 'Dark Cloud 2' on WKC 2, you know, going by whats been said about the first one.

Still pretty disappointing that they seem to not to have an interest in continueing the Dark Cloud franchise.

Im trying to follow people on this Wizardry on PSN being big news but I dont even know anything about it.

Well deserved scores for Red Faction game, especially after eating some delicious crow.

Johann

highluxury said:
Im trying to follow people on this Wizardry on PSN being big news but I dont even know anything about it.

Well deserved scores for Red Faction game, especially after eating some delicious crow.

Do mean Wizardry as in one of the greatest and most influential RPGs ever created or do you mean Wizardry as in an unspecified installment of it appearing on the Playstation Network Store?

Johann said:
Do mean Wizardry as in one of the greatest and most influential RPGs ever created or do you mean Wizardry as in an unspecified installment of it appearing on the Playstation Network Store?

This. I dont know anything about the Wizardry series.

Top Bottom