• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans Have Discovered A Private Mario 35th Anniversary Twitter Account

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A private Super Mario Twitter account possibly held by Nintendo has been discovered by fans, potentially adding weight to reports from earlier this year surrounding upcoming remasters on Switch.

The account in question carries the Twitter handle @SuperMario35th, currently showing a temporary name of 'aaaaaaaaaaa' with no activity. The account was registered in March 2020.

As reported by VGC, one user has discovered that it has a recovery email potentially linked to Nintendo. While the characters are naturally obscured for security reasons, they do fall in line with Nintendo's 'nintendo.co.jp' web address. Interestingly, it would appear that both the official SplatoonJP and SmashBrosJP Twitter accounts use a very similar email address.

mario-twitter-recovery-email.original.jpg

Tangerine

Don't get set your hope's too high and you'll never be disappointed.

Mario 64 and sunshine will just be uprezzed and made widescreen, according to leakers. No huge changes and certainly not remade from ground up like the spyro trilogy.

Mario 3D world will have the most new features.

20th of July is the rumoured direct date.

My body is ready.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Don't get set your hope's too high and you'll never be disappointed.

Mario 64 and sunshine will just be uprezzed and made widescreen, according to leakers. No huge changes and certainly not remade from ground up like the spyro trilogy.

Mario 3D world will have the most new features.

20th of July is the rumoured direct date.

My body is ready.

Tbh, fine with this. Super Mario 64 still looks wonderful in it's own way. It's the early 3D game, and rudimentary visuals are kind of a part of its legacy. Likewise, they made a ton of smart choices with the art in that game to suit the tech, that have aged really well.

I'd be interested to see what a remake would look like, though.

What new features is 3D World rumored to have? That sounds like they're trying to do it up as some kind Odyssey follow-up, which makes sense considering how gorgeous it still looks, and how utterly fun it is.

Tangerine

Tbh, fine with this. Super Mario 64 still looks wonderful in it's own way. It's the early 3D game, and rudimentary visuals are kind of a part of its legacy. Likewise, they made a ton of smart choices with the art in that game to suit the tech, that have aged really well.

I'd be interested to see what a remake would look like, though.

What new features is 3D World rumored to have? That sounds like they're trying to do it up as some kind Odyssey follow-up, which makes sense considering how gorgeous it still looks, and how utterly fun it is.

No details sadly. Just 3D World is the one to watch in terms of additional content. Pretty nebulous really! A lot of youtubers I follow are saying it's from a credible source though.

Only 5 days to go till we find out the details... IF the 20th is accurate!

SALMORE

let's discuss the elephant in the room , can a Switch cart hold all of the 3D games ?

Last edited:

Tangerine

let's discuss the elephant in the room , can a Switch cart hold all of the 3D games ?

I'd be amazed if we got that much value for money. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Maybe mario 64 and sunshine on one cart? Galaxy 1 and 2 on another. 3D world separate on it's own?

I keep getting the impression from leaks it will just be galaxy 1, but that makes no sense to me. Why would they leave out galaxy 2 but bring every other 3D Mario to the switch?

Last edited:

Bog

Junior Ace
That password reset thing to match the email with other accounts. Good job, sleuths.

Assuming this is all true, what do you all think the release date is going to be? Mario 64 available for immediate purchase, with the others following after? Are they going to be a Bioshock / Borderlands pack, where you can buy them separately as well? Are they just one big pack, or is it a staggered release?

One of the few times twitter is good for something. If the uprezzed leaks are true I'd be happy with that. I mostly just want to play some of my old games without breaking out another console.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Whoever hacked Twitter yesterday should have fucked with this account, just for the lolz

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe I'm saying this but I want muh 3D now.

Not including Galaxy 2 would sadly be the most Nintendo thing ever.

kiphalfton

I'd be amazed if we got that much value for money. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Maybe mario 64 and sunshine on one cart? Galaxy 1 and 2 on another. 3D world separate on it's own?

I keep getting the impression from leaks it will just be galaxy 1, but that makes no sense to me. Why would they leave out galaxy 2 but bring every other 3D Mario to the switch?

Not gonna happen. They'll do one game on the cartridge and the remaining ones with be on a key code voucher. Highly doubt Nintendo would include more than 3 games in a single bundle, let alone put all the games on cartridge.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

Literally nothing in this industry compares to Mario, I'm so excited for Nintendo to roll out the red carpet in celebrating Videogames version of the Beatles

I REALLY want a remake of 64 and remaster of Galaxy 2(the best designed videogame ever made)

3D world is also this bizarre example of how to make a game that is 2D be..... 3D and for it to work

Hayashida's greatest moment surely!

That being said, Link's Awakening remake "barely changed anything" is a fucking asinine thing to say. I'm going to doubt this leak on that alone.

Top Bottom