• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantastic Fours Thing Looks Terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

BojTrek

Banned
I really don't like the look of the Thing in the new Fantastic Four movie... he looks so stiff, his hands look like they just dangle there. This video show a lot of the Thing and he just doesn't look like I remember when I was a kid.

Michael Chiklis just doesn't look right, the head is off...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=7754

This is how I imagine or see the Thing...

Fantastic%20Four%20507.jpg

This is just not right... the eyebrows are too small on Chiklis

thethingpeople.jpg

BojTrek

Banned
I really think they have a bad design on the face, the eyebrows should have been much bigger... the body is decent, but the hands are too big for him to control and look loose and limp...

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
...well it is just one simple still shot, maybe wait till you see a few clips from the movie? I will say im upset that he's not larger in mass though , he's supposed to be big like the hulk.

fumbduck

Banned
hes missing the extra brow that makes it look like hes got downs, but cmon this movie was toilet water before it even began

Yeah, I don't care much for the Thing's movie look either.

...well it is just one simple still shot, maybe wait till you see a few clips from the movie?

A while ago, there was some leaked footage or behind-the-scenes type of a thing released. Everyone looked really cool...except the Thing. One shot had Ben trying to drink from a shot glass, but it broke before he could sip anything out of it. It looked...not so good. He shoulda been CGI, like the Hulk was. Thing is supposed to be HUGE. Like, 7 feet tall and weinghing, what, 2 tons? Having a guy on a suit just doesn't cut it for him.

And Doom looked pretty lame. Johnny Storm looked sweet, though.

J2 Cool

he's supposedly gonna be partially CG. The eyebrows specifically I think. Relax. But I will say I'm skeptical as to how they'll pull off his movement and such. I mean, how do you fit a human playing a rock without him being akward? Completely CG may have been better.

Shinobi

A part of me would've loved to have seen an animotric (sp) Thing ala Goro in MK (who I thought looked fantastic), but I'm guessing that would've been pretty cumbersome for fight scenes.

Ok.. gonna go comic book geek here...

Thing was and always has been 6 feet tall. It's only recently that artists started taking liberties with the character. So his height in the movie is accurate.

Reed has always been taller than Ben, once again just recently have they been fudging with his height.

PS: From what I've read they will be CGing some addition to Ben in post productions, things they couldnt do with animatronics. Like the BROW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom