• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Zing

Banned
I don't see the point in creating a new character? I mean that as an honest question. What are the benefits?

If it's because some of your skills are lacking point, well you can still upgrade them whenever you gain a level (except if you're already at level 200 of course)?
For me it's role playing. I wouldn't enjoy having one character be a master of every job. I'm playing through as half of the jobs now, and will play through as the other half in the future.

You get massively overpowered just from taking three jobs, let alone six or twelve. I want to experience everything the game had to offer while still keeping it somewhat of a challenge. I'm not here to get another notch in the belt or think "whelp check that game off the list".

Kater

Banned
I can't do that because last time I played Hamphrey told me he was leaving my town so I stopped playing in order to prevent all my other villagers (especially my three faves) from leaving my town when I'm not playing
Yeah, I'm weird like that ;)

But that's alright because Fantasy Life has been receiving all my attention these last few days. I'm level 70 now!
Everyone in my town is probably dead. Last time I checked in was two months ago...

You are Level 70 already? Nice progress! Maybe you can come with me to do the Trial of Light next time we play. 😃
It's from the Origin Island goddess fountain.

Got lucky and nabbed the whole set within 10 coins.

Meanwhile, 50 coins later and I still don't have some items I'm looking for D:
Thanks, I will try my luck when I get some coins.

I got 4 Danuta costumes, so I could give you one if you need it. ;D

Lizardus

How do I convert silver lunares coins into gold?

nvm: found it, talk to Fred on Origin Island.

Other question is, is it possible to save-scum lunare coin exchange or are they set for your file like MH3U charm tables?

Grizzo

Everyone in my town is probably dead. Last time I checked in was two months ago...

You are Level 70 already? Nice progress! Maybe you can come with me to do the Trial of Light next time we play. ��

well I can't beat the boss on top floor of the Trial of Time... my allies just both get destroyed by one hit :(

I'll need to come back when I'm stronger I guess

Leveling up to 50 for the DLC is so slow.
I guess I should farm bosses, but I'm ranking up my non-combat lives. Everything at Master now except carpentry, paladin, and mercenary.

Thankfully I'm at 49 now because I'm starting to feel at risk of getting burnt out on the same content.

Or you want to play as the opposite gender. I mean, those girl clothes are pretty funky.

Funky in a bad way?

I've honestly thought of rolling a female character to check out the female only clothes and probably focus on a different combat life.

Linius

So, I think I'm pretty much done with anything in this game except for the post story content after 77 hours (including DLC of course). Managed to open up the first trial at the tower. Also did my fountain tour across Reveria and the island for the lunares coins stuff. Guess all I've got left now is collect coins, grow stronger, rank up my lives and try to beat the trials at the tower. Now I've got round with all the DLC stuff I think I'm gonna focus on ranking up some lives to God rank.

By the way, there was something about going to my master once I achieved God rank in order to get a lunares coin or someting. I guess the red icon above Captain Mustache's head has something to do with that?
He wants to slay the ancient napdragon with me.
Also, is there a summary on all the ways to get coins and which items you can get at which fountain? It's a bit overwhelming at the moment.

How do I convert silver lunares coins into gold?

nvm: found it, talk to Fred on Origin Island.

Other question is, is it possible to save-scum lunare coin exchange or are they set for your file like MH3U charm tables?
Set, which kind of sucks.

Funky in a bad way?

I've honestly thought of rolling a female character to check out the female only clothes and probably focus on a different combat life.
Good way XD

By the way, there was something about going to my master once I achieved God rank in order to get a lunares coin or someting. I guess the red icon above Captain Mustache's head has something to do with that?
He wants to slay the ancient napdragon with me.
Also, is there a summary on all the ways to get coins and which items you can get at which fountain? It's a bit overwhelming at the moment.
Yeah, each master gives a special request that earns you 3 gold coins the first time and 1 gold coin the next time(s).

They are good for farming coins, but you need to be really good in each Life.

The other way to get coins is by doing Pam's requests. She will ask for totally random items, ranging from HP Potions to Wicked Bird Feathers from the Hunter God boss.

You will get 2 silver coins from her, then 3 and eventually 5 if you don't decline any requests.

Fred will convert 4 silver coins to 1 gold coin (he says 5, but he's lying).

As for lists, you can just check the 5 fountains once you have at least 1 of any coin.

Linius

Oh the fountain works like a shop? I thought it was completely random and you couldn't know what you'll get :p

Well thanks for the info on getting coins. Guess I'll see how long I can keep up with Pam's requests. How often do you get a new request?

Oh the fountain works like a shop? I thought it was completely random and you couldn't know what you'll get :p

Well thanks for the info on getting coins. Guess I'll see how long I can keep up with Pam's requests. How often do you get a new request?
Nah, it's random, but you get to see the prize list before you commit.

As mentioned, the results are pre-determined, so if you don't like what you get, you're kind of stuck.

Linius

Mkay, good to know. Well now I know what I'm up against then. Guess I'll start by getting to God with woodcutter, miner, blacksmith and carpenter. Gonna need a good set of tools to reach God with woodcutter and miner I guess. And I surely need a better armour and sword to conquer the trials. Also thinking about picking up one of the other three combat classes. Only played the paladin life.

But before all of that I'll plunge into Shovel Knight. Post game content can wait for now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Got my Demonic Mirror and am now ready to start making the long climb to Creator everything. Might get level 200 while I'm at it.

Linius

Got my Demonic Mirror and am now ready to start making the long climb to Creator everything. Might get level 200 while I'm at it.

Oh yeah, of course. That's the one item I really need to get first. Rebooting my stats for specific quests will make my fantasy life a lot easier. I can't even fish the most common fishes from Levitania due to my low focus.

I was a sucker and paid 30K to the Tome of Shadows each time to reset my stats.

It wasn't actually that bad and I'm 200 now with almost every stat maxed.

Once I've crafted enough sweets I probably won't need to reset stats ever again.... Nah, I probably will.

Good to know. I have no plan to buy the "DLC". This means I won't max out easily.

Interesting how they were wise enough to label it "add on content", since it isn't actually downloaded.

I guess it depends.
From what I've heard, max level without the DLC is 100. I doubt you would reach that even bringing all Lives up to Legend, which I believe is the max rank without the DLC.

I also get the feeling I'm playing slower than other people, but I will have about 60 hours played when I hit 50. Even if the average player is hitting fifty in 30-40 hours, I think one could be pretty satisfied with the game ranking everything to Legend and hitting 100.

I'm pretty excited for the extra house, ranks, and levels myself though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Once I've crafted enough sweets I probably won't need to reset stats ever again.... Nah, I probably will.

I'm going to craft 100 luck candies. Luck is good no matter what job you have.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Jeez, I'm almost level 44 and haven't even gotten to the second town yet...
Don't think hitting 50 for the DLC will be too tough!

Linius

15 unique streetpasses now. I'm rolling in it.

Just one for me. And I can't even find that person in town. There's no blue spot on my map and I don't spot anyone looking different from the usual Castele crowd. Must be doing something wrong.

Jeez, I'm almost level 44 and haven't even gotten to the second town yet...
Don't think hitting 50 for the DLC will be too tough!

Woah, you're saying you're level 44 and you haven't arrived at Porto Puerto yet? Must have taken ages to reach that level with all those weak enemies. You'll be massively overpowered for a good while now :(

I just finished the main story last night on stream, clocking in around 20 hours and only playing as a Paladin.

I have to say the story "missions" are a bit tedious and I feel like the post game content will be much better, just doing missions and the likes. The story is essentially mashing A and reading, luckily this game has great writing and music BUT that doesn't make for the most exciting stream haha.

Overall, thus far I'd give it an 8 out of 10, due to the lengthy dialogue, that isn't really broken up with combat most of the time. It really would have been nice if they mixed in combat with the story missions a bit more to break up the text.

That being said, Best RPG I've played this year and def in my top 10 of the year.

Yeah I did. I looked at the guy's profile and saw that he's going to gift me cow milk and that he played for about 44 hours. But I've never seen him in town.

How many people do you have?

They can be indoors too, like in the royal workshop, the library, maybe Alfredo's too.

EDIT: Oops, just one person. Weird.

Oxx

The town is pretty big. Can't be fun trying to find a single person.

I only talk to the streetpasses I notice as I run around.

Yeah, I tried to find one person, but just gave up.

I only bother looking for people with good items, like my other character or my sister : P

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

That's what I've been doing. 30k really isn't that bad at all.

Chaos17

New tips from NA twitter :
B13ZiL0IQAEMmrj.jpg

quabba

What happens to the stats you obtain from sweets when you reset? Do they stay or do they get wiped and you have to craft more sweets to build back up?

Grizzo

New tips from NA twitter :
B13ZiL0IQAEMmrj.jpg

The crafting one is a lie. Well I guess technically that's not the same thing (I mean, cutting meat or a piece of clothing), but the mini-games are exactly the same.

But I see where they're coming from. They're just trying to make it sound more exciting.

BooJoh

They can be inside some buildings too. Which actually makes it easier to get their item because you can talk to them, exit the building, come back in, repeat until you get their item.

Aiustis

So I can't figure out what to do.

At the part with Gov Olivia searching for treasure on the shipwreck. I went to the ship previously but I'm not sure if I took anything from it or not.

The crafting one is a lie. Well I guess technically that's not the same thing (I mean, cutting meat or a piece of clothing), but the mini-games are exactly the same.

But I see where they're coming from. They're just trying to make it sound more exciting.

Yeah, that's one of the things that I thought was kind of lazy. They could have come up with different minigames for the different crafting Lifes. Maybe making a little more of an effort to have your actions mirror what you're actually crafting.

Yeah, that's one of the things that I thought was kind of lazy. They could have come up with different minigames for the different crafting Lifes. Maybe making a little more of an effort to have your actions mirror what you're actually crafting.

It was a huge disappointment for me. To be honest I've seen a lot of people say this game has a whole lot of content to offer, but for me it's more as if it's got a small amount of content that's been pallet swapped over and over. The lack of unique crafting is really lazy and it seems like they cut out all of the jobs that seemed like they'd be unique.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
zlCfzSoPBzYLoczyWg

I think the hardest (well, most tedious ones) were the ones that required you to get skill(s) to level 15, cook being the worst offender. Still, I got a ton of money for the stuff I made, so I can't really complain. Still having a lot of fun :)

Chaos17

It was a huge disappointment for me. To be honest I've seen a lot of people say this game has a whole lot of content to offer, but for me it's more as if it's got a small amount of content that's been pallet swapped over and over. The lack of unique crafting is really lazy and it seems like they cut out all of the jobs that seemed like they'd be unique.

Not many mmorpg type games do offer any real mini games about crafting imo.
So for me those mini games crafting were a good surprise.
Usually you just push 1 buttom and do nothing else or when they try to make mini game it fail and annoy me.
I like Fantasy Life mini games for being simple.

Of course, I won't say no if they made new kind of mini games but at the same time I'm against it because of repetitive action we've to do. Smashing A is easy and I can do it at least for 30 mins or 1 hour. Will I like doing mini games like in Cooking Mama for 1 hour straight I'm not so sure.

So yeah, asking for diversity is cool but we also need to think about the long terme.

edit, example : like Niraj said becoming Legend in cooking isn't an easy task if it isn't your main job. It takes quite some time to level up to level 15 all cooking skills.
So take a look at my cooking Mama link and tell me if you will cook that hamburger over 5 times doing her mini game.
It takes like 7 minutes to do 1 burger...

Top Bottom