• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Just done a mission where you have to sneak into the back of a truck, and it kept glitching and not letting me onto the truck. I Googled it and saw a YouTube comment saying to only kill the 3 dudes who patrol in and around the back of the warehouse. Leave the other guys.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, in case any of you run into the same problem.

If I have FC3 on the PC but have never played it, is it silly to buy FC4?

I'd skip straight to FC4. It's basically FC3 but more refined and better looking, although I prefer the tropical setting of FC3.

I would absolutely not recommend trying to play these back to back. You'd burn out and the stories aren't related.

This game is so damn addicting. I keep saying I’ll do just one more objective, but then I get sidetracked and two hours later I finally get to that objective lol. I’m only at around 12 hours but this is already my game of the year, and hell, my game of the generation. This game is so damn glorious on PS4.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Free buzzard helicopters for just a meager 500,000 kiryati rupee upgrade to homestead ?

YES PLEASE.

i've only played FC1, own FC2 and FC3 on PC thanks to cheap $5 bundles but never played em yet. I'm about 50% into FC4 (on PS4) and have no issues at all, the story seems pretty self contained and there don't seem to be many/any references to previous games.

As someone said, I think there are minor easter eggs for people who play the entire series but the games are all more or less stand alone. I'd definitely recommend FC4, the visuals are gorgeous,

I enjoy the story, and I am definitely having a lot of fun. It is mostly an open world game so if you hate constantly getting distracted by some new minor side mission/random thing to do, it may not be for you. I barely advance the main story, I am too busy just doing the 1 billion things you can do in the open world.

DSmalls84

Free buzzard helicopters for just a meager 500,000 kiryati rupee upgrade to homestead ?

YES PLEASE.

The Garden upgrade is great too. The flowers respawn every time you fast travel to the area and they can be sold for about $50k each time. Infinite moneys for whatever you want :).

Strider

I'd say so.

FC4 is a little bit better but they still play so similar... So I wouldn't spend the money on what is largely the same experience. Enjoy FC3. It's fun. Pick up FC4 later.

Elfish

Those rhinos our made out of steel or something, damn that animal can take a lot of bullets and even arrows straight through it's head won't kill it instantly.

DSmalls84

Those rhinos our made out of steel or something, damn that animal can take a lot of bullets and even arrows straight through it's head won't kill it instantly.

The Nitro can drop them in 2-3 shots and the "Bull" in 3-4. Just took out the Rhino in the Fashion Quest fairly easily with the "Bull".

DrPizza

Banned
This. They totally fucked up the stealth in this game compared to FC3. Before there was a forgiveness to the stealth that let me react to being spotted without fault of my own. Now everytime I try to "infiltrate" an outpost and miss a bow shot, everyone knows where I am and sound the alarm.
This never happened to me. Missing a shot puts them on alert, and makes them break from their patrols to actually come and look for you, but they won't search forever, so if you stay hidden, they'll go back to where they were.

DrPizza

Banned
Just opened up the North. Time for bed. So far, I am really loving the trippy missions in part because of the pretty colors but goddamn, Martinez did such a great job with the music. That makes two songs I have bought for private consumption. Hate the two stoner dudes but look forward to that pink and purple sky with that twangy instrument and guitar going on.

Worst mission (aside from autofail) is
the one where you are captured and stripped of all your gear and have to sneak out with no weapons. Lawd, I hate that shit. At least let me break necks! Hell, I even got a throwing knife but I can't use it to cut throats? What?

But, all in all, the game is outstanding. Great attention to detail. It's the small stuff that really sucks you in.

The music I really want is from the
Amita mission where you destroy the heroin/tea factory
, and perhaps the music from
Paul's party in City of Pain
. I don't think either appears to be on the OST album, unfortunately.

The drug missions in general were good fun. The marijuana mission in FC3 was pretty great, too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Interesting... I saw the same thing with the same outcome. I wonder if it's automatic for the tiger to win.
Perhaps, I guess it'd be something to tweet at the Devs. Any amount of positivity that can be thrown at Ubisoft at this moment would probably be considered a win.

I also unlocked the Robocop gun last night. My game feels a bit more complete now.

I once got accosted by 3 rhinos.
In my attempt to escape, I entered a car.

It did not go well.

Wish there was a skill that allowed you to ride rhinos.

Woo-Fu

Banned

I'd play FC3 first. If you want more of that in a different land then go ahead and buy FC4. Both great games, both worth playing, but you might want to play some other games in between so you don't get burnt out on the formula. I hope Ubisoft is smart enough to really mix it up for the next one instead of pulling another assassins greed.

vypek

Just opened up the North. Time for bed. So far, I am really loving the trippy missions in part because of the pretty colors but goddamn, Martinez did such a great job with the music. That makes two songs I have bought for private consumption. Hate the two stoner dudes but look forward to that pink and purple sky with that twangy instrument and guitar going on.

Worst mission (aside from autofail) is
the one where you are captured and stripped of all your gear and have to sneak out with no weapons. Lawd, I hate that shit. At least let me break necks! Hell, I even got a throwing knife but I can't use it to cut throats? What?

But, all in all, the game is outstanding. Great attention to detail. It's the small stuff that really sucks you in.

The part you have spoilered is literally one of the things I hate most about the series.

Does anyone know where Bhadra is post game?

Jamesways

I once got accosted by 3 rhinos.
In my attempt to escape, I entered a car.

It did not go well.

Wish there was a skill that allowed you to ride rhinos.

The wife happened to be watching last night as I chucked a grenade at one, then got in a car and hit it twice trying to kill it. That only ticked it off. Funny getting flipped around like crazy in FP inside a car.

She got a good laugh out of it.

vypek

I just beat the game. Everyone's story feels so damn sad and there is just nothing you can do about it. I doubt many others feel like this but I also felt that every path was a losing situation. No one wins, no one is happy. Ugh. Loved the game except a few missions, mechanics, and glitches but it was really fun overall.

For my end, just like with all my previous choices, I chose
Amita
. I
killed Sabal, Pagan Min and then finally Amita. By the way, if you kill the guards around Amita and then point a gun at her face she will cover and run away before slowing down and just walking normally again at which point you can do the same thing again. I wish Bhadra was still around at least. I can't help but think she was killed instead of "sent away." Oh, maybe I should go look for Pagan's body.

EDIT:
Went back to the last location of the game...
I'm gonna keep the pen that "mom" gave Pagan

Goldrusher

I just beat the game. Everyone's story feels so damn sad and there is just nothing you can do about it. I doubt many others feel like this but I also felt that every path was a losing situation. No one wins, no one is happy. Ugh. Loved the game except a few missions, mechanics, and glitches but it was really fun overall.
Yeah, every choice in the game boils down to "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

vypek

Yeah, every choice in the game boils down to "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Except of course if at the start of the game
you just wait at the dinner table for 15 minutes. Best ending right there.

Yeah, that does seem like a great ending. However, I think a really good one that might be possible is an alternate to the one I chose.

Here is how it would go:
Kill Amita and choose Sabal
Spare Pagan and let him lead you to Lakshmana to rest Ishwari's ashes
Kill Pagan while he is in the helicopter (loot his body)
Go to the temple where Sabal is after he crowns Bhadra as Tarun Matara
Kill Sabal (assuming you can pull out a gun/blade as you can with Amita).

Bhadra is pretty much the ruler and all terrible people are dead with your goal accomplished

I think that is a perfect ending and wish I chose that one

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
20 hours in, it's very satisfying to blow up a helicopter with a RPG. And I still haven't unlocked northern Kyrat yet.

that might be my most favorite thing about this game. I've poured in only 10 hours and have only seen maybe like... 3 story missions.

Most of my most favorite moments so far are just random adventures I fall into or taking over bases.

Randam

Sniper rifle headshot takes them out with 1 shot
Which sniper rifle?
The r700 even needed 2 for a human.

What guns are you rocking btw?
Have the latest bow? The signature ak, the signature terminator 2 shot gun and the grenade launcher.

And I think I will get far cry 3 at the steam sale.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm enjoying this, as in really enjoying this quite a bit.

I'll be honest here, Far Cry 2 is a very special game to me, one of my favourite games of all time and one that I still play from time to time (honestly not trying to start an argument here it's just how I feel) and when I played Far Cry 3 I was very disappointed with it. I hated the story, hated a lot of the side mission collectibles and just thought 'UGH UBISOFT COLLECTATHON PISH!' I bought FC4 as I was able to get it cheap and I'm a FPS nut so I would try it eventually....I'm really glad I did.

They essentially took the basis of FC3 and actually made it fun IMO. There are so many improvements in from the weapons (D2 is a FUCKING BEAST), the gyrocopter, the grappling hook and the skills (Elephant Rider and Vehicle Takedown!).
It also helps that a lot of the side missions are more or less essentially versions of the core thing it does best - letting you tackle something in any way you want. There's still collectibles and shit but there's a lot to enjoy as well.

My biggest disappointment is that the 'atmosphere' of the world is pretty much non existent. I mean it's 'alive', there's lots of wildlife about but they haven't really taken care with the sound design of the world and they've completely abandoned the dynamic weather system used in FC2 which adds a lot to the sense of 'place' . I don't really feel compelled to explore the world as I don't really care about it.

Regardless though it's a damn fun theme park ride and I'd recommend even haters of FC3 to give it a go, maybe in the next 6 months when you can get it for a price you're willing to take a chance on :) I don't know if I'd want another game like FC4 (and i'm worried about Ubisoft beating it into the fucking ground) but I can't deny I've had a blast with it so far.

Which sniper rifle?
The r700 even needed 2 for a human.

What guns are you rocking btw?
Have the latest bow? The signature ak, the signature terminator 2 shot gun and the grenade launcher.

And I think I will get far cry 3 at the steam sale.

Z93 Sniper Rifle...found it during the "Blood Ruby" DLC mission...full upgraded it can take almost everything out with 1 headshot (I think I've still had to shoot some of the "Heavy" enemies twice though)

seabass0

I've played 6 hours of this game and feel like I've barely made a dent. I think I've liberated maybe 2 outposts and 3 bell towers? This game is sidetrack heaven...so much fun!

Randam

Z93 Sniper Rifle...found it during the "Blood Ruby" DLC mission...full upgraded it can take almost everything out with 1 headshot (I think I've still had to shoot some of the "Heavy" enemies twice though)
The hurk dlc?

How do I access that?
Or are the hurk missions from that dlc?
Where he falls from the elephant and hurts his buttocks.

Skyzard

Banned
I saw a golden path dude with a sniper rifle I didn't have... it had a laser scope too.

They were just tempting me to break immersion.

Like with the option to sell your mum's note for 200 and 1 inventory space.

I've played 6 hours of this game and feel like I've barely made a dent. I think I've liberated maybe 2 outposts and 3 bell towers? This game is sidetrack heaven...so much fun!

Big time.

Haven't even dabbled in co-op yet.

Tizoc

So one Karma side mission required me to save a guy from being killed by an enemy soldier. I land my flying machine close, crouch in order o stealth kill him, but then a bunch of wolvess arrive, kill the soldier, which te game then prompts to tell me I succeeded an got some Karma...just as the poor dude got killed by the wolves :V

Top Bottom