• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5's season pass include Vietnam, Mars and... Far Cry 3

jayjay275

I stand corrected! Maybe when it goes to the bargain bin. It's a great game none-the-less, but like the Ezio Collection I'll get it when cheap enough.

Hi there guys!

We'll share more info on Far Cry 3 Classic as we get closer to release. For the time being, know that Far Cry 3 Classic will be given a graphical update so PS4 and XB1 players have a visual experience on par with the PC game's high-quality settings.
Please also port Blood Dragon.

Shin

Banned
Ubisoft is going to bank hard on FC5 and rightfully so, this is a nice package overall.
They were smart to partner with PlayStation since they tend to sell 50% on just that platform alone as well.

DrCheese

Hopefully they'll fix Farcry 3 on the PC to work properly on Windows 10 without disabling a bunch of services (It crashes out after 5/10 minutes of playing unless you do so) Could do with better 4k support too.

D3SCHA1N

Ubisoft is going to bank hard on FC5 and rightfully so, this is a nice package overall.
They were smart to partner with PlayStation since they tend to sell 50% on just that platform alone as well.

I've been really surprised by how handily PS4 is leading whenever the question of platform for this game comes up. I guess it's because ps4 has so many more units out there. I have both systems but much prefer my shooters on xbox as I find the controller much more intuitive for FPS....

Fnord

I can count the number of season passes I've bought on one hand. In fact, I can only think of DriveClub off the top of my head. I preordered the gold steelbook edition of this as soon as I heard about what was in the season pass. Sounds awesome.

D3SCHA1N

I can count the number of season passes I've bought on one hand. In fact, I can only think of DriveClub off the top of my head. I preordered the gold steelbook edition of this as soon as I heard about what was in the season pass. Sounds awesome.

Yeah I think I could say the same. I got it for Gears 2, and fallout 4 (and I've yet to play any of FO4's pass content) and that is all I can remember ever getting, but I'm getting it for this one....

That Vietnam War one might end being kinda based off of that rumored Blood Dragon sequel from awhile back: “Blood Dragon 3: Vietnam War Part 2”.

Wish I hadn’t started replaying FC3 back in December. Fuck 😡

pokerlife

Far Cry 3 will be just the same game at 1080p/60 4k/30 or its a remaster?
Hi there guys!

We'll share more info on Far Cry 3 Classic as we get closer to release. For the time being, know that Far Cry 3 Classic will be given a graphical update so PS4 and XB1 players have a visual experience on par with the PC game's high-quality settings.

Hi there guys!

Nice! Thanks Poke 👍🏼

Inuteu

Hi there guys!

Sold!

D3SCHA1N

Aside from a graphical upgrade, is there any more to share about FC3CE? Are they making any other notable changes?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.p...-Edition-Release-Date?p=13402084#post13402084

Far Cry 3 Classic Edition will release on consoles on June 26th. Enjoy a 4 weeks early access thanks to the Far Cry 5 Season Pass!

0fFqR59.jpg

Codes 208

Ill probably get FC3:C, but I'm not too interested in zombies or mars. In the trailer, Zombies sounded like a straight rip of nazi zombies (including the taking itself not so seriously "scenarios" being directed by in-game director just like in BLOPS' call of the dead)

Last edited:

Masatshi

Far Cry 3 Classic Edition is a really lazy port... unstable 30fps on Xbox One X and PS4pro. I played both versions yesterday night. It suffers from framepacing issues and whenever it is loading something, the game stutters.... :mad:

It looks a little better than on last-gen consoles, but it's not 4k and there is a lot of aliasing going on... draw-distance of shadows is aweful too.
I wouldn't mind 30fps if they were at least stable......... :rolleyes:
There is also a slight controller input lag noticeable too. Nothing too bad but it's there.

FC5 looks and runs way better than this, surprisingly....

The PC version from 2012 is still superior, even 7 years later.

Shame. :(

MaKTaiL

Far Cry 3 Classic Edition is a really lazy port... unstable 30fps on Xbox One X and PS4pro. I played both versions yesterday night. It suffers from framepacing issues and whenever it is loading something, the game stutters.... :mad:

It looks a little better than on last-gen consoles, but it's not 4k and there is a lot of aliasing going on... draw-distance of shadows is aweful too.
I wouldn't mind 30fps if they were at least stable......... :rolleyes:
There is also a slight controller input lag noticeable too. Nothing too bad but it's there.

FC5 looks and runs way better than this, surprisingly....

The PC version from 2012 is still superior, even 7 years later.

Shame. :(
Yeah, I read a while ago that the Classic Edition was going to be a direct port from the Xbox 360/PS3 versions and I hoped the news was wrong. Apparently they weren't.

Mathrin

Maybe it was just me last night, but they've not even bothered to port the trophies over it seems. I thought it was mandated that any game released on the system needed trophy implementation?

Top Bottom