• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry: Primal Rating Summary by ESRB (has genitalia)

This is an action game in which players assume the role of Takkar, a nomadic hunter trying to reestablish his tribe. From a first-person perspective, players engage in missions that involve tracking/hunting animals, resource-gathering, and combat against rival tribes. Players use arrows, spears, and clubs to kill enemies in frenetic combat. Some sequences require stealth kills in which enemies are stabbed in the head or slashed close-up. One cutscene depicts a character being held in a fire while screaming; another depicts Takkar tapping a hole in another character's skull as the man screams. Some scenes depict corpses in various states of mutilation: heads and torsos on spikes; ears cut off and kept as trophies; headless bodies lying in pools of blood. Certain scenes or camera angles can depict male genitalia under garments or in shadows; some female characters are depicted topless. A handful of scenes depict characters engaged in sexual activity while clothed; grunts and short moans can be heard, though no explicit details are seen.

ESRB

USK16 in germany

lock if old

Vashetti

Banned
i just feel completely ambivalent about this game. It feels way too soon after Far Cry 4 and I'm concerned that the decline of AC is forcing them to begin annualising their other IPs.

HotHamBoy

i just feel completely ambivalent about this game. It feels way too soon after Far Cry 4 and I'm concerned that the decline of AC is forcing them to begin annualising their other IPs.

Whaaaat. This might as well just be called Primal, sans Far Cry. Far more exciting than anything they've done with AC. Give me my prehistoric caveman simulator, please.

SJRB

Gold Member
Seems way more graphic than the previous games. But that was to be expected considering the setting and melee combat, I guess.

Lol at OP's focus on genitalia though.

"I said ping-pong balls, not King Kong's balls!"

B4kXS_OCMAAxUaO.jpg

Lol, that quote full of brutal violence depictions but the focus of the thread title is that in certain angles you can see peoples penises.

FelipeMGM

One cutscene depicts a character being held in a fire while screaming; another depicts Takkar tapping a hole in another character's skull as the man screams. Some scenes depict corpses in various states of mutilation: heads and torsos on spikes; ears cut off and kept as trophies; headless bodies lying in pools of blood.

Damn...Im in

Whaaaat. This might as well just be called Primal, sans Far Cry. Far more exciting than anything they've done with AC. Give me my prehistoric caveman simulator, please.

But how is it any different? We know it'll have the objective bloat like 3 and four, and the main difference is gonna be a slightly different slant on the combat and the way animals are utilised, which looked pretty standard in the trailers. I can't for the life of me understand why people would be excited for this...

I've never understood this train of thought, at the end of the day take it for what it is and judge it on its merit. If it turns out to be good the fact that it's part of an annual franchise shouldn't deter you from playing the game. Granted that's only if it's a genre you enjoy and the premise excites you in the first place.

One cutscene depicts a character being held in a fire while screaming; another depicts Takkar tapping a hole in another character's skull as the man screams. Some scenes depict corpses in various states of mutilation: heads and torsos on spikes; ears cut off and kept as trophies; headless bodies lying in pools of blood.

I need this game.

screenshot3192.jpg

I know some people are unmoved by this game, but I couldn't be more excited. I've never played a Far Cry game, but this concept feels so ambitious and unique. It's far from Horizon, but still unlike anything I've ever played.

I can't wait to give this a try.

Bl@de

Genitalia under garments (so like ... Not really :/)? Topless women? Sex with clothes on? Filth.
The violence sounds extreme though.

I know some people are unmoved by this game, but I couldn't be more excited. I've never played a Far Cry game, but this concept feels so ambitious and unique. It's far from Horizon, but still unlike anything I've ever played.

I can't wait to give this a try.
Same here. This is the first Far Cry game to ever catch my attention and I seriously look forward to trying it out.

HotHamBoy

But how is it any different? We know it'll have the objective bloat like 3 and four, and the main difference is gonna be a slightly different slant on the combat and the way animals are utilised, which looked pretty standard in the trailers. I can't for the life of me understand why people would be excited for this...

Well combat ought to be pretty different given there's no guns or explosives or vehicles. Totally different flora and fauna. Most importantly, no "edgy" or "cool" douchebag characters. Hunting animals and rudimentary crafting seems to fit the caveman theme very well.

EDIT: I just watched some gameplay and the whole Beast Taming system seems really neat too. I guess there are vehicles in the sense that you can ride animals. But another aspect that is different is that you are not a character thrown out of your element and forced to survive in an unfamiliar place. You are born and raised in your environment and you are learning to control and master it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Because the games are a ton of fun. Did you ever stop to think that?

JWNSY

Compared to the rest of the violent descriptions of mutilations a bit of shadowed or clothed cock sounds harmless.
I hope sex scenes carry some purpose and aren't just there. So many in games carry little narrative or emotional weight, no one wants to see a couple of character models clipping into each other.

Top Bottom