• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal uses the same map (heavily updated) as Far Cry 4.

Just by watching the videos you can tell they are using the same formula, different skin.
Do they at least got the co op right this time? I hated the fact that in FC4 you couldn't play the story in co op, and that just the host had progression in the side mission and map reveal.

There is no co-op. It is the Ubisoft formula, everyone should know that by now with their games. You either like it or hate it, but people driving by and letting us know how shit it is when there are plenty of people (myself included) who would gladly argue otherwise doesn't help anyone.

Chabbles

Please elaborate.....I didn't feel this at all. It actually felt opposite to me.

I didnt find it fun to play at all, the gunplay, story, characters, just about everything tbh, the cool little mini chopper thing you could fly around ?, it was buggy as shit too.. flying along and glitching out sending my flying vertically up into the sky ?, wft is that shit!?. Nothing felt like it had been giving enough time in the oven, in actually testing the mechanics of the game, everything felt like it needed a lot of tweaking.

This is from FC4 OT afew months after its release.
So how are rhinos killed, do i need a nuke or something ?, because i just pumped every round from 2 auto rifles, 2 nades and 3 molotov's, and nothing...didnt bother even taking out the handgun. man all this hunting, skinning and crafting is some tedious shit at the beginning. loot bag fills up quick, go to a store to offload loot, but my wallets full so i cant sell anything. lol, i should of bought evolve instead!!!!, thank god for the map editor atleast.

There might have been a good game behind all of the issues i found with it, its just that nothing felt refined, all gameplay elements needed alot more work, imo. It felt rushed.

And Primal using the same map could indicate that they've rushed this aswell, i mean come on, this game had to have been rushed, and its possible things haven't been tested to a degree that id like, personally. And all thats left then really is how immersed you can get into the world, and alot of peoples praises for this game is about how cool the world looks, and its atmosphere, which Ubisoft are always good at. I want some good fucking gameplay to boot dammit. Ill pick this up in a few weeks just to check out the cool atmosphere and world people are raving about, if i find the game fun to play after a couple of hours, ill be surprised, all things considered.

ironcreed

Banned
Such a great looking game. Shots from the Xbox One version:

Kssio_Aug

It seems kind silly, but since I haven't played the game I trust on the major opinion in this thread that it looks very different when you play, and that's what matters the most.

Just saw that in the OP though:
Are you sure this game is not Far Cry 3 re-skinned??
Yes. This is a new game built from the ground up. Please see the reviews above for more discussion. They're worth your time.
Isn't this, and some other elements (such as UI and some animals), an indication of the opposite though? (legit question: not trolling or hating)

ironcreed

Banned
It seems kind silly, but since I haven't played the game I trust on the major opinion in this thread that it looks very different when you play, and that's what matters the most.

Don't worry. It is completely different. Only the height map that you pull up on the map screen is outlined the same.

Yo guys I heard that Infamous Second Son was lazy because they just used the map of Seattle! WTF??

Haha.. this is really dumb and I hope you know better.

It's pretty lazy. But people who enjoy Ubisoft's main titles have basically been playing the same game for the last five years anyway, so I doubt it matters. I still bought it.

Kssio_Aug

Don't worry. It is completely different. Only the height map that you pull up on the map screen is outlined the same.

Reading some really positive impressions that this is better than FC4 (which I kind liked but felt tired after mid-game, specially for being so similar to FC3) and more varied than it seems, is actually making me quite interested now!

dLMN8R

Haha.. this is really dumb and I hope you know better.

It's pretty lazy. But people who enjoy Ubisoft's main titles have basically been playing the same game for the last five years anyway, so I doubt it matters. I still bought it.

I'm just pointing out the fact that's obvious to everyone who's played Far Cry Primal that super-high-level geography being shared means literally nothing when it comes to how different a game may play, look, feel, etc.

A thousand different games set in New York could have a thousand completely distinct styles and play nothing alike. I don't see why the rules need to be different for fictional land masses.

Top Bottom