• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fashion souls: What is bravery, without a dash of style

Firebrand

What I finally settled on for my Cleric:

8aMFSTS.jpg
I like this face, reminds me of some actress but I can't recall the name.

That's a good face.
Cheers! I think my first attempt was better... except when I found myself in the firekeeper hut I turned out to have a shrunken head that was sickly pale.

Looks like Stannis.
Really? I don't see it at all, other than a bit of a scowl and the hairline... but it's still super interesting because I was actually using a pic of Stephen Dillane as Stannis as a loose reference when I started, haha. After a while I gave up though and just worked with what I had.

Fashion Souls. Can't resist.
Oh wow, that picture quality. Is that GeDoSaTo at work? Bullshot quality screenshots.

burgerdog

You know, even after the downgrades, Dark Souls 2 looks so much better than Dark Souls. I actually went back to DS and did a fresh run and at first I was like, hm, this doesn't look that bad(PC with dsfix.) Then I jumped right back into DS2 after I beat DS and said holy shit, this is a much better looking product. Project Beast is going to look insane.

HeelPower

Really? Alva, Elite Knight, Wanderer, Velsdadt's, Black Robes, Lucatiel's, Royal Swordsman, Saint's Robes, Targray's, Creighton's, Throne Watcher, Archdrake's, to name a few? All of those are badass and classy, not gaudy at all. The Souls games have always had a mix of tacky high fantasy-like armours (like Old King's Armour, Armour of Thorns or Smelter Demon's) and classier, more elegant ones (like the Binded set, Hunter set, Royal Swordsman, Brass set). That's what makes Fashion Souls so fun, tons of choice for all tastes.

There are exceptions but I didn't enjoy the designs as much as I did in the first two games.

Btw I always go fashion souls and I had a tough time doing that in DS2.

midhras

Fashion Souls is icing on the scrumptious cake that are the Souls games. Those floating shields are a bane to my existence though.

Okay, before you all say it: I know I shouldn't have gone s&b on this shot:

EDIT: Also, to answer a question, my shots are all done using my ENB. That said, I'm weeping buckets daily that I can't get ENB and GeDoSaTo to work in concert. Maybe I need to throw more money or any kind of servitude at Durante. If he'd add the pause functionality he had going in DSFix I think I'd have a high chance of passing out from joy.

zma1013

I'm partial to the original Fluted Knight armor from Demon's Souls. It's an armor that perfectly straddles the line between fantasy and armor that could actually exist in the real world.

ostrava.jpg

Mistel

Banned
I'm partial to the original Fluted Knight armor from Demon's Souls. It's an armor that perfectly straddles the line between fantasy and armor that could actually exist in the real world.

ostrava.jpg
I like that dropped having armor appear differently for female characters going to dark souls. I mean the only set of armor that actually had an enclosed helm was the gloom set for female characters and you couldn't dress up as Garl either.

SoldnerKei

#FashionSouls time for me

I usually rolplay with my character, so here goes

How my char looks up close
Icu2BeM.jpg

this is my usual gear
exY8vWn.jpg

mahou shoujo time
LrH02uO.jpg

Mahou Shinigami
ThWRmV8.jpg

Assassin.tan Smexy version
qPwKIXK.jpg

Assassin-tan serious version
3RyoRrS.jpg

Huntress-tan big-bow-not-so-big-hat version
AVdefyc.jpg

build dosen't matter as long as you look fancy, sorry if I couldn't zoom up that much

Gbraga

All my Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 builds were ugly and stat-based. I only got into Fashion Souls in Dark Souls 2.

screenshot_20140524_201623_by_realghostvids-d7jka83.jpg

I want this D:

Tried to make A-yeon, but the result was so disgusting that I just gave up and decided to make my first male character.

darksoulsii2014-06-01issa5.png

Heide Knight Iron Mask.

Heide Knight Iron Mask on fucking everything.

As for sets, Alva, Heide, Vengarl and Creighton are the godly quad in DSII.

Elite (DS; they ruined it in II) and Fluted are stunning.

Gun Animal

So, you guys remember how the Elite Knight Armor was on all the promotional material for Dark Souls 1, and it was available pretty early in the game, and it was probably the most used armor in the game by most people which practically made it the default or canonical armor for Dark Souls 1?

Which armor would that be in Dark Souls 2? I can see an argument for the Faraam set (because it's on the boxart, although few actually use it), for the Drangleic set (almost everyone uses it except for the helmet) and for the Alva set (obvious evolution of the Elite Knight set, used for the gesture menu...)

What do y'all think about this?

Toxi

Banned
So, you guys remember how the Elite Knight Armor was on all the promotional material for Dark Souls 1, and it was available pretty early in the game, and it was probably the most used armor in the game by most people which practically made it the default or canonical armor for Dark Souls 1?

Which armor would that be in Dark Souls 2? I can see an argument for the Faraam set (because it's on the boxart, although few actually use it), for the Drangleic set (almost everyone uses it except for the helmet) and for the Alva set (obvious evolution of the Elite Knight set, used for the gesture menu...)

What do y'all think about this?
Don't know. Demon's Souls had the Fluted Knight set on the cover and in the intro, yet pretty much everyone I see in that wears Binded, Ancient King, or Gloom with silver bracers, tornado hat, or coronet. It was just a lucky coincidence that Dark Souls 1's mascot armor was really useful and easy to get; the Faraam set doesn't get much love because it's later in the game, and the Fluted set doesn't because LOL armor in Demon's Souls.

I really like the Mirdan set. Wish From would bring it back in some form.

I've got ENB on, what adjustments do I need to make if I want to temporarily remove the DoF on my character if I want a good look at him for this thread?

Mogwai

Elite Knight or Alva set and be done with it. Xanthous set when I'm going for the lolz.

Not very original, but the looks of these sets are epic.

Firebrand

That Targray armor looks so good, I just don't have the heart to mug him for it.

Experience the arcade-quality action of GOLDEN AXE™, only on Sega Mega Drive™ Belfry Luna. Nearly all of the armor is in the Gyrm helm, ho ho. Might replace the drangelic gauntlets once I find something that has decent armor stats.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Taken by my friend using the binoculars on PS3, so I apologize for the blur (the binocular's focus is a bit messy).

Indiana Jane FTW :)

EEsIlEY.jpg

X9zzrTM.jpg

C3xV5tL.jpg

qP06w47.png

Vampire warrior:

6dNdhH9.jpg

StdQRdA.jpg

xvfh5ff.jpg

6kVEm52.jpg

"You came to the wrong neighbourhood, motherfucker!"

boLXm7j.jpg

9TksU3J.jpg

wickfut

Banned
Fashion Souls is icing on the scrumptious cake that are the Souls games. Those floating shields are a bane to my existence though.

Okay, before you all say it: I know I shouldn't have gone s&b on this shot:

EDIT: Also, to answer a question, my shots are all done using my ENB. That said, I'm weeping buckets daily that I can't get ENB and GeDoSaTo to work in concert. Maybe I need to throw more money or any kind of servitude at Durante. If he'd add the pause functionality he had going in DSFix I think I'd have a high chance of passing out from joy.

You really need to publish your ENB preset (or at least let me nosey at it and nick your sharpening settings ha ha)

Top Bottom