• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Since we're talking Google Doc's, I thought I'd post the new one I made a while back. Several of you already added yourself to it, but if there's any who haven't, please feel free! I left the Google Doc open, so you can alter it to your liking (so you can update your Support Leaders whenever you want, as well as add personal notes if you wish). Since it's open, I'd like to keep it GAF-only, so I'll include the URL in this post via an email tag so it's hidden. Just quote this post and you'll see the URL at the bottom.

Zhao_Yun

So, my Waver and Heracles are almost max level and I am primarily farming the event quests for medals now. Probably won't need those items in a while, but since it is time limited I might as well get them. Just not sure whether I should focus on story or farming items for ascensions/leveling up other servants after that.

Grazzt

I still am only lvl50 with Hercules. That damn golden flower thingy doesn't want to drop for me. Well at least I can beat whatever is in the game for now, but I feel my team hasn't gotten much stronger besides leveling some useless servants for shits and giggles (Like Atalanta.) Spent 120 SQ and got Medea and Medusa, sort of wished I saved it for when Scathath showed or something, but I do want Altera.
Same here. Next round of Nerofest will give you 5 and you can farm for more. Enough for ascending Herc. If you have enough monument you can even ascend him again during last round

Mupod

I've done the 30AP mission enough to earn around 180 gold medals and I've yet to see a claw drop. I did get a Nightless Rose though.

RSchmitz

I had 1 claw drop on my 2nd run. By then I thought it was going to be great.
I was wrong. Still have to see a second one drop. I need at least one more so I can max ascend Herc.
I was planning on ascending Carmilla too but I guess I won´t.

Deadly

Tried to pull for Nero for fun strictly on my 10 or so tickets. Didn't get her but I did get Altera so I'm pretty content

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Man. Everyone not getting Nero at least has me feeling a little better about not getting Altera. GL on future pulls folks.

Qurupeke

I think after using around 700 ap the past two days, I've found 3 Claws and 0 Umu Essence. Could be better, but I have enough claws for Herc now, any more are bonus.

I'm at 3 claws + 1 CE. So far only the white chimera has dropped the claws. Also unless you plan to get the CE from silver medals, don't bother farming them. You should get enough (100) just from farming 30 AP for golds and 5 AP from bronze. I got about 70 and its only day 2

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally got my final claw for my Alter saber, but I think I'll save the claw farming for Herc for another event. Sorry Herc, drop rate is just too terrible.

I'm leveling up my 1 and 2* Servants to get their quartz to try for Nero, while grinding for medals. I don't think I can do another 10 roll even if I get every story and interlude quartz I'm missing, but I have hope in Nero.

Mupod

Vlad just hit bond level 6 and I got 3 quartz for it. I didn't know about that mechanic, although it's a huge amount of grind so it's not really something I can pursue short-term. I'll need to be better about rotating in unused servants in my back slots in the future.

Pejo

Still need 6 talons. I got a big fat 1 for an entire day's worth of grinding +1 apple +3 level ups yesterday. Please let my luck be a little better today. At least I got that CE already.

commish

Vlad just hit bond level 6 and I got 3 quartz for it. I didn't know about that mechanic, although it's a huge amount of grind so it's not really something I can pursue short-term. I'll need to be better about rotating in unused servants in my back slots in the future.

I go back and forth... on one hand, I need to raise the bond level of more people to unlock more stuff. On the other hand, it takes so long to raise bond level, I feel like I need to always be working on it for my top guys.

commish

Can NA alone really support this game? I don't want it to follow the fate of Chain Chronicle. :(

CC never had this level of interest, even at its peak. I'm not sure it even placed in the top 200 on the ios store. Fun game though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'd love to see the numbers for F/GO NA, but we'll probably never see them. I bet it's making bank though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I go back and forth... on one hand, I need to raise the bond level of more people to unlock more stuff. On the other hand, it takes so long to raise bond level, I feel like I need to always be working on it for my top guys.

The only servant I try to always leave in at least in the back row at all times is Herc, since that's the only Bond CE I know I really want.

borghe

The only servant I try to always leave in at least in the back row at all times is Herc, since that's the only Bond CE I know I really want.

hmm... I should really do this.. I've liked grabbing 4 characters of Bond during this event.. but I probably should keep herc int he lineup..

T-Rex.

Banned
I've ended up with like 14 red Berserker gems in total so I guess the 30AP hasn't been a total waste. Only 4 claws though.

Mupod

Went through another 180-ish AP, still no claws. Lots of skill gems though.

Also, apparently the weekly master missions will end before the nero fest finals so we'll need to get skill gems elsewhere for certain classes. I'll have to look that up I guess. No quartz left behind.

How the heck do you guys level Ruler? I don't even know how to get those "All" exp items.

just use the cards for other classes. The bonus for using an 'all' card isn't that big.

Blue-kun

Man, must've spend like 300 AP on Fuyuki last night after the Dailies changed and I was still missing 2 Saber Pieces, but I finally got them.

Which means I'm ready to tackle and grind Nerofest, finally, lol. I know 5AP are the best for bronze, but -- what do for golds and silvers? The 20 AP one or the 30 AP? From what I understand you need many many more gold ones, and you'll get some silvers doing them, so it might be better to simply focus on 30 from the get-go?

commish

Man, must've spend like 300 AP on Fuyuki last night after the Dailies changed and I was still missing 2 Saber Pieces, but I finally got them.

Which means I'm ready to tackle and grind Nerofest, finally, lol. I know 5AP are the best for bronze, but -- what do for golds and silvers? The 20 AP one or the 30 AP? From what I understand you need many many more gold ones, and you'll get some silvers doing them, so it might be better to simply focus on 30 from the get-go?

I'm just doing the 30 AP one. I've gotten plenty of silver along the way. And if you want silver, I think the 10 AP one is better.

The most important thing imo is to figure out what drops you need and farm that where possible.

I thought those don't drop until the next round of the event?

I tried doing it the low tier way and running Septem.

Same here. Next round of Nerofest will give you 5 and you can farm for more. Enough for ascending Herc. If you have enough monument you can even ascend him again during last round

That's cool, now I wish I didn't spend all my exp cards on random servants for shits and giggles...

Third Nightless Rose, no Claws yet.
I've also gotten all Bronze and Silver materials, plus the 10 available Homunculus. Now I'll just grind Gold Medals for the Lores.

Edit: 2 Claws! One more to go!
Edit 2: Final Claw get! Now I just need Yggdrasil Seeds (that will be available the next round) and some Monuments, but I'm not worried about those.

Fishious

I think I'm at 22 runs of 30 AP now. Still no claws in sight. I'll probably start burning apples soon so I can continue to get no claws and wallow in suffering.

Pejo

I think I'm at 22 runs of 30 AP now. Still no claws in sight. I'll probably start burning apples soon so I can continue to get no claws and wallow in suffering.

Yea these drop rates are abysmal. It's extra shitty that gold chests can turn into berserker gems or even lame ass 4* xp cards. Terrible system.

I'm about to spend one apple to farm for one berserker monument.

If I manage that, level 70 Lancelot on support will pull in the friend points for the rest of this event.

commish

If I manage that, level 70 Lancelot on support will pull in the friend points for the rest of this event.

Yes. Yes it will. I'm pulling in a ton of friend points just from Lancelot. I'm over 250,000 FP atm. It really makes the 30 AP event map so much faster.

chrono01

I rarely get FP for my Level 80 Waver, but most probably re-rolled for one of their own. I need to pull Jeanne Alter when she releases, or Jack. I won't complain with either. I've gotten horrible luck with my ticket pulls so far, not a single new 4* character (only have Marie from the tutorial, and Heracles from the Facebook campaign :/).

Moonlight

Banned
I rarely get FP for my Level 80 Waver, but most probably re-rolled for one of their own. I need to pull Jeanne Alter when she releases, or Jack. I won't complain with either. I've gotten horrible luck with my ticket pulls so far, not a single new 4* character (only have Marie from the tutorial, and Heracles from the Facebook campaign :/).
I use yours a fair bit. I think the main issue is that all your skills are level 1, so hard to go with yours when stronger versions present themselves as well.

weeaboo

500 AP, 1 Claw

I'm done. I need more to fully ascend Herc but holy crap the drop rate . At least now I can put Herc at lvl 3

Kieli

Hoo boy, I kind of understand how important the crystallized lore materials are, but they seem very hard to farm.

I can't do the 30AP quests consistently without burning at least 1 command spell, and even then they drop 3 - 4 gold pieces for 5 minutes work.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hoo boy, I kind of understand how important the crystallized lore materials are, but they seem very hard to farm.

I can't do the 30AP quests consistently without burning at least 1 command spell, and even then they drop 3 - 4 gold pieces for 5 minutes work.

What's your team setup? It'll be hard to farm the 30 AP mission without a decent team considering all the berserkers in the early waves and then potentially dealing with Waver defense spam in the final wave.

If you're not capable of killing off all the servants in that final battle in 1-2 rounds through NP attacks, you should probably focus on the lower AP missions until your team gets stronger or find a good support servant that can get you to the last wave and then dish out massive NP damage to wipe out everyone in 1 shot.

borghe

I'm about to spend one apple to farm for one berserker monument.

I have a level 40 NP3 Lancelot that sees decent usage... not your kind though. With the Master ATK skill and Waver NP right before, he can get the assassin and zerker down to to ~7K each, and get Waver down to ~19K. My Stage 3 usually goes:

Round 1 - if zerker's skills haven't reset and/or if Waver's skills haven't reset (usually the case), attack waver. This is usually good because he hasn't buffed anything yet so I can usually get a good solid 15-20K on him. They usually respond by an attack (or two), and then buffing the hell out of their own zerker.

Round 2 - The money round.. Hopefully I have a buster (even better, a zerker one). Master ATK buff on Lancelot, both of Lancelot's Crit buffs, and if Waver's NP charge can put Lancelot's (or a good support Waver's) NP at 200%, even better. Now I do Waver NP, Lancelot NP, and attack (hopefully lancelot buster) on the assassin. This usually ends the round with assassin dead, waver at like 15K, and their zerker at ~7K. The best part is, with their zerker alive, Waver will almost never go def buff crazy. Maybe get one def buff off.

Round 3 - clean up.

funny part is I am running jeanne... but I honestly don't have to use her NP ever. I've learned that just healing a priority target during the second chimera, and throwing up Master Evade (usually once on Lancelot) assures that all three make it to Stage 3 no problem. I've only lost one Lancelot and it was like a turn 1 3 x attack on him by the Stage 2 chimera (at level 40 I only have like 6K health)

funny part is.. I have a screenshot of a match last night.. before I settled in on this pattern.. man there was one battle that went out 25 rounds... holy balls.. just an unlucky character loss early on and the dominoes toppled from there. But since I've settled in on this pattern I am pretty much done by turn 9-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom