• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which high cost quests are most efficient during event?

I'll need to burn all my AP in the morning before work so I can't use 5ap all the time.

How do y'all level your servant skills? Do you go all in on one or do you level all 3 evenly or what?

Haven't used a single gem yet.

Blue gems are super easy to get so I bought everything I could with them on servants I use. Then red ones I had less so I just got damage buff skills , higher levels which require ascension materials I'm not doing them for now.

Thank you for the helpful answers, all! The events having stories mean that I've got to look out for them. Is there any way to easily get notified about those? The News section in the game itself doesn't even mention the upcoming Moon event at all.

So I did the tutorial roll and the quartz roll afterwards and got a five star Altera as well as four stars Lancelot, Carmila and Bathory. As I understand it, higher stars don't necessarily mean better, but that's a solid enough team, right? You mentioned Heracles as the one to have for content clearing, avrophantasm, so I have half a mind to do the rerolling thing. But getting four rare characters from the get go seems lucky enough that I'm afraid to push it.

Sciel

Thank you for the helpful answers, all! The events having stories mean that I've got to look out for them. Is there any way to easily get notified about those? The News section in the game itself doesn't even mention the upcoming Moon event at all.

So I did the tutorial roll and the quartz roll afterwards and got a five star Altera as well as four stars Lancelot, Carmila and Bathory. As I understand it, higher stars don't necessarily mean better, but that's a solid enough team, right? You mentioned Heracles as the one to have for content clearing, avrophantasm, so I have half a mind to do the rerolling thing. But getting four rare characters from the get go seems lucky enough that I'm afraid to push it.
Stick with that account. You've just gotten an absurdly lucky roll + Good Characters.

Regarding how lucky your pull was...the pull rates are as follows 5* -> 1% Chance, 4* -> 3% Chance.

That's a damn good roll, I would definitely keep that account. Be sure to create a bind code in My Room for recovery purposes.

Sephend

Totally missed this getting a localized release after it being out in Japan for so long without one. I missed out on the early stuff but whatever, I'm enjoying myself.
I'm actually really miffed I missed a chance at Gilgamesh apparently
Got Emiya and Heracles on my tutorial pull and worked my way through France. Hoarding quartz for now. I know Craft Essences are a big part of the game but it still feels kinda bad to me even on the free pulls to get 9/10 and only 1 servant.

elty

Got the assassin and rider gem, so 3/7 master mission done.

Not sure if I should farm some saber gem before Moon goddess hits.

Pejo

Gold Member
Bah I need 1 more chimera talon thing before Dango event starts. I'm 250~ ish AP into it with no drop, surely it has to come soon. I probably am making a huge mistake and should just farm master mission stuff, but oh well.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The claw drop rate for Germania is preeetty terrible. At least the Friday daily has coughed up a couple for me.

Pejo

Gold Member
The claw drop rate for Germania is preeetty terrible. At least the Friday daily has coughed up a couple for me.

Agreed, it's bad, but I just need 1 more, then I can get Vlad to Ascension 3 and level 80. Plan on using him for the upcoming event.

Agreed, it's bad, but I just need 1 more, then I can get Vlad to Ascension 3 and level 80. Plan on using him for the upcoming event.

I need 1 more to ascend Cu for the event.

Planned to get the claw and then farm lancer XP today. As a result, no doubt the claw will not drop until just before dailies rotate.

Events are not very consistently announced yet. Either they don't announce them on social media or they don't announce them in-game.

So you have a very powerful team to start right now. Altera for frontline damage and endurance, Lancelot for extremely powerful AoE and farming even at early levels (you'll want to find a CE to boost his starting NP, ASAP), Elizabeth for support, and Carmilla for class advantage in chapter 1.

Heracles is used for his extremely powerful single-target NP against bosses. Carmilla's NP is actually pretty close to that, if you can level her up (her materials are hard to get right now), but she won't output damage the same way outside of that.

Still, that's all you're missing, and you can easily use Herc and Vlad supports until you get someone of your own to fill that role.

Stupid ghosts in Mt Etna don't want top drop their stupid gems.

I got a Ghost Lantern before seeing a single gem. That's not how it's supposed to work, dammit.

So I am interested in playing this just for the story mode. Perhaps that's a bit silly, but somebody described it as some kind of a Kingdom Hearts: Historical Characters Edition and, well, how could I resist that.

So in light of that, I have a few questions:

If I got decent characters from the start, would I be able to use them all the way through, or would they become obsolete and then I am forced gamble for newer, stronger characters?

I read that there are a Moon Goddess Event coming up. Do these events usually have story to them?

Regarding the main story, while I haven't gotten there yet, people have said the story does get progressively better starting from Chapter 4 onwards. Just saying this in case the beginning isn't doing anything for you (or for anyone wondering for that matter).

T-Rex.

Banned
I'd love to have Jack but I have to save for Jalter.
I'll just hope she casually spooks me.
You've been saving from the start iirc, how many quartz are you at now? I was planning on saving everything for Jalter myself, but she's too far away and there's Drake and Scathach before that so eh.

RSchmitz

You've been saving from the start iirc, how many quartz are you at now? I was planning on saving everything for Jalter myself, but she's too far away and there's Drake and Scathach before that so eh.

I'd rather not say because I am kinda afraid of the account recover system they use. But I botched it and rolled for Gil. At least I got him.

I think I can survive until Jalter now. Be strong!

Pejo

Gold Member
I need 1 more to ascend Cu for the event.

Planned to get the claw and then farm lancer XP today. As a result, no doubt the claw will not drop until just before dailies rotate.

Good luck! Finally got my last claw. All the xp cards I had saved up only got Vlad to 72 >_>

Time to hit the xp daily.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Decent luck with daily drops after the cycle change. 4 runs, 1 monument each for the knight classes.

I still need like at least 6 more saber monuments though.

Thank you very much for the combat advice, Remembrance!

Stick with that account. You've just gotten an absurdly lucky roll + Good Characters.

Regarding how lucky your pull was...the pull rates are as follows 5* -> 1% Chance, 4* -> 3% Chance.

Oh wow, yay. I've probably used all my luck up, then, and would be miserable for the rest of my FGO tenure.

That's a damn good roll, I would definitely keep that account. Be sure to create a bind code in My Room for recovery purposes.

Alright, thanks for the tip. I just need to keep this code somewhere safe, right?

Regarding the main story, while I haven't gotten there yet, people have said the story does get progressively better starting from Chapter 4 onwards. Just saying this in case the beginning isn't doing anything for you (or for anyone wondering for that matter).

Yar, I have a pretty low standard for story, so as long as the premise is interesting and there's no really really dumb moments I'd generally be entertained, haha.

Hubb

Decent luck with daily drops after the cycle change. 4 runs, 1 monument each for the knight classes.

I still need like at least 6 more saber monuments though.

Needing 12 monuments is suffering, but the feathers are worse for me. I can usually get at least 1 monument for the class I want per day, but I haven't gotten a feather drop since nero fest (which I only got 1 during).

vareon

I have enough Saber Monuments to ascend Nero to 60... or I can wait to ascend Altria when I have 9 more Dragon Fangs, which might take a million years at this rate. Decisions, decisions.

Articalys

Aaaaanyway, complaints towards how they're running the game aside, is there any real reason to do the final ascension for servants with the type of leveling curve that flattens out at the end, except for the final card art?

Aaaaanyway, complaints towards how they're running the game aside, is there any real reason to do the final ascension for servants with the type of leveling curve that flattens out at the end, except for the final card art?

To make people keep picking yours over other people's for support.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

If you want to grail it, you'll need to max cap it anyway. And don't the stats go up linearly for everyone at that point when using grails?

Azusa

Yes. When you grail stats gains are linear for all servants.

It is remarkably impressive that they still haven't posted anything about the event to the in-game news.
The actual support for this game is bafflingly bad.

What? Its in the news. They post news at the same time every time.
I dont know why you think that support is bad. They keep posting news and inform us about event way before it starts.

They mean the actual ingame news panel that opens every time you boot the game up.

And there is indeed an update now, but it was added today.

Articalys

To make people keep picking yours over other people's for support.

If you want to grail it, you'll need to max cap it anyway. And don't the stats go up linearly for everyone at that point when using grails?
Yeah, I guess that's true. Was kind of a stupid question anyway; I think I rather meant to ask "doesn't the priority for a 4th ascension in those cases go way down compared to others?"

Kenai

I have enough Saber Monuments to ascend Nero to 60... or I can wait to ascend Altria when I have 9 more Dragon Fangs, which might take a million years at this rate. Decisions, decisions.

I dunno if it will help you decide, but there's some dragon fangs which I think? are farmable in the Dango event. And Halloween event has 20 in the event store thingy. Halloween has a bunch of Saber monuments too.

aitakute

UsHHhYX.jpg
How do I win this? Also, when is part 2 of this event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom