• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Damn, I can't seem to beat Drake. She does her Noble Phantasm and destroys my crew. It sucks. There's no way to keep her from taking my guys out. This is only a level 25 required quest, so how would someone who's ACTUALLY level 25 take her out regularly? She has over 100k HP....

Damn, I can't seem to beat Drake. She does her Noble Phantasm and destroys my crew. It sucks. There's no way to keep her from taking my guys out. This is only a level 25 required quest, so how would someone who's ACTUALLY level 25 take her out regularly? She has over 100k HP....

Well, there's only the one enemy so throw your highest-level assassins and berserkers together.

What level is your team?

If you can't dish out enough damage before she pulls out her NP you might consider bringing a support Jeanne to block the NP.
But honestly, with some decent units it shouldn't be too hard to kill her before that.

EDarkness

Well, there's only the one enemy so throw your highest-level assassins and berserkers together.

What level is your team?

My crew is Artoria Alter (50), Emiya (55), Zhuge (57), and a player friend unit.

We should be able to squash her, but she gets 50 attacks a round and builds up her NP bar too fast. We can't eat the damage and ultimately get squashed. Zhuge can't do anything to her at all, so he's pretty worthless on this fight. A level 90 Artoria or Altera can't beat her, either. It's crazy.

I don't have any good assassin characters. My luck pulling in this game has been extremely bad.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
5 stars have always alluded me. I didn't reroll for one on the games release (I was happy with Tamamo Cat and Liz), and though I've tried to roll for Altera all this time, I've never gotten her. Never gotten the Emiya's, UMU, or Gilgamesh either, they seem to keep me from the core units a lot in this game.

Today, went in with 1 ticket, and 1 10x pull. Ticket got me David, and the 10 got me Mary&Anne, "Code Cast", and "Victor from the Moon". Not bad at all! Got Hector in a FP pull after that.

This left me at 22 away from another pull. Played rough a nice amount of Drake's story and decided I might as well throw a few dollars at this pull, and got another round at trying to get something else great.

First thing that shows up is... Chu Chulainn Oy. Then the usual suspects... Black Keys... Rin's Pendent... oh, a second "Code Cast"! Euryale popped up here too. 9 cards, and... well, lets see the last one...

Wait a minute... I've never seen this animation before...!?!? *A certain Top-heavy pirate appears from a Golden card, surrounded by Rainbow colored lights and sparkles*

Wohoo! I'll gladly accept Drake as my first 5*! I've really been enjoying her star generation as I used a friend's, and I'm glad to see she gets animation updates down the line, too.

Feels great to get some solid, waifu that don't look like children relevant units from this Banner. NIce sprinkles of vindication take the sting of all those previous 10x pulls that led to a lot of Black Keys and Duplicate 3*s...

elty

Friend a whale with a NP5 zerker and a MLB KScope.

xequalsy

Oh god. Does anyone else find
Blackbeard
completely unbearable?

Repeating LOLOLOLOL is so aggravating. I somewhat get the sense that he is supposed to be annoying though.

Quonny

90 quartz. Of the new drops, I got 2 AnneMary and 5 Code Casts, and none of the other new cards. I am salty as fuck.

Anne/Mary is incredibly strong and is the single strongest rider class boss killer in the game for a long, long, long time. She's arguably better than Drake as Drake is a jack-of-all-trades who's only real strength is door farming and being fairly good at buffing the NP for your team.

I got Drake and wish I got Anne/Mary. Plus pulling two means you're making her NP, which is incredibly strong, even better.

Grazzt

Anne/Mary is incredibly strong and is the single strongest rider class boss killer in the game for a long, long, long time. She's arguably better than Drake as Drake is a jack-of-all-trades who's only real strength is door farming and being fairly good at buffing the NP for your team.

I got Drake and wish I got Anne/Mary. Plus pulling two means you're making her NP, which is incredibly strong, even better.
Are they that good? I still think daily farm character is more useful tho

Laiza

I already have a daily farm character (Kiyohime) and I don't really see the point in getting another.

So I poured all of my summon tickets (all 31 of them) into this banner to try to get Anne & Mary. Ended up only getting two copies of Euryale to my name. Not even any decent CEs.

I'll just keep saving my quartz for Okita...

Quonny

Are they that good? I still think daily farm character is more useful tho

She's a beast because she's basically self-sufficient. She can drop her own stars. She can increase her own critical damage. She can increase her star absorption. She's a rider, so her star absorption is already high. She has two arts cards, so she can quite easily generate her own NP. She can Quick Brave chain.

She's just a great servant, especially before we get bosses with multiple HP bars. She's criminally underrated in my opinion. Oh, and Black Grail is straight up broken on her because her NP gets stronger the lower health she has.

I call her she because it's basically just Mary in her rider form.

Even with your AoE berserker ready to go for farming, QP farming specifically is still slow going unless you also have your AoE rider who gains NP fast.

Nobody has really prioritized leveling any of the existing riders (and even if they did, they don't put Kaleidoscopes on them). With Drake around you can at least count on reliable support for QP farming, if you don't have your own.

Strimei

Did a handful of ticket yolo rolls to satisfy my urge to roll while still saving all my quartz for Scathach (and maybe one 10-roll for Tamamo).

Only thing of note was one of the new CEs with female Hakuno. Seems like it'd be pretty good for an arts team.

My crew is Artoria Alter (50), Emiya (55), Zhuge (57), and a player friend unit.

We should be able to squash her, but she gets 50 attacks a round and builds up her NP bar too fast. We can't eat the damage and ultimately get squashed. Zhuge can't do anything to her at all, so he's pretty worthless on this fight. A level 90 Artoria or Altera can't beat her, either. It's crazy.

I don't have any good assassin characters. My luck pulling in this game has been extremely bad.

You need more levels first. And second drop that caster. You can also try using Mash to use her immortality spell to protect from np

EDarkness

You need more levels first. And second drop that caster. You can also try using Mash to use her immortality spell to protect from np

Why would I need more levels? The recommended level for this is 25. My crew is double that. I guess this is one of my biggest gripes with this game. The suggested level is way too low for how difficult the quest is. Would an actual level 25 crew be able to beat her? I don't think so.

Kenai

Screenshot_20170928-190426.png

Oh good ANOTHER Servant who wants claws. It's a good thing I have so many and they drop frequently!

No but really these two will tide me over til Iskandar banner. Yolo tix ftw.

I can't be the only person in the world with a 70 Carmilla (and bonus, she murders female Servants with her NP *and* can drain enemy NP to fuel hers). Search for one and you should be fine. Weakness wheel matters a lot in this game. Ignoring it is making the game much harder for you than it needs to be. Even a leveled 2-3* Assassin should do a ton of damage to her (and not take much either).

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
Why would I need more levels? The recommended level for this is 25. My crew is double that. I guess this is one of my biggest gripes with this game. The suggested level is way too low for how difficult the quest is. Would an actual level 25 crew be able to beat her? I don't think so.

Is this the Drake fight towards the beginning? Took her out with a lvl 50 Saber Alter and two Berserker Lancelots (mine at lvl 50, friend at 70). Bring a Berserker with you as your guest servant if you can.

That's as far as I've gotten, if this is a later fight I don't know anything about it.

gaiadyne

If I remember you are on my friend list so you could use my Lv 80 Carmilla for an easy win. She did over 70000 with her NP alone

OVDRobo

Got sick of saving quartz now that Okeanos is officially out and decided to dump all 180 or so of it on the new banner.

I'm now the owner of an Altera and a Sumanai, as well as a load of high rarity CEs. I was after both (yeah, even sumanai) eventually, but I'm surprised at how common off-banner characters seem to be in my experience. Particularly considering the number of accounts I'd read about how if you pull a servant it's typically on-banner.

Oh well. Better than another Elizabeth or something. Just wish I had something to replace Boudica/Georgios with instead of all these Sabers. Back to EXP card and material grinding hell.

OVDRobo

This hasn't really been the case, at least with the reported drops if the GAF thread.

Probably more around the JP version then. Wonder if something was tweaked behind the scenes at some point and we haven't got the updated numbers yet.

Whatever the case, it doesn't bode well for people saving for an on-banner character they actually want. There's going to be a lot of broken wills. At least I got lucky with my servant pair this time (though obviously Siegfried is arguable).

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, I'd still chalk it up to RNG being ass. It's why everyone, including JP players, say rate up is a lie. I know someone who rerolled for Okita in the JP version and got 3 off banner SSRs before getting her.

It took me around 100 FP summons to get Euryale. Will start Okeanos later tonight.

yippeed

Neo Member

You can still beat the fight with that team but there is a bunch of RNG involved. It is possible but might take a few retries. Also using Zhuge in that fight can lead to quick failure since Drake will destroy him due to class advantage. You will almost always fail at that level if she uses the skill that increases charge and ends it with her NP on the same turn; nothing you can do about it here. You can try replacing Zhuge with Mash as your defensive unit and hope you can setup for Darke's NP with Emiya's evade and Mash invincibility on Alter; then the subs can hopefully finish the fight. Also in long fights the goal is to setup so each round your cards should be starting arts or quick instead of the usual buster.

Been holding to all my quartz and fragments. Save for waifu/top tier, fail, and cry. It's the FGO way. You're missing out if you don't join.

I dunno, I'd still chalk it up to RNG being ass. It's why everyone, including JP players, say rate up is a lie. I know someone who rerolled for Okita in the JP version and got 3 off banner SSRs before getting her.

It took me around 100 FP summons to get Euryale. Will start Okeanos later tonight.

It's definitely the RNG. What servants you can get without whaling depends on the account, the banner, and the servant.

I'm pretty convinced now that every account has servants that are almost unavoidable and servants that are almost unobtainable. (On my main, I still don't have Ushiwakamaru and Alexander, while I've pulled over 10 Medeas.)

I'd say Quonny's advice on the last page is the best possible advice. Try out every banner and take what you get, just in case the servant that you really want is the one that it would take 1000 quartz for your particular account to roll.

OVDRobo

I keep forgetting to ask every time I post, but what's a good CE for Altera? Buster CE like Artoria, or should I use something else?

Somehow I ended up with a lot of rare CEs but not that many servants:
Kaleidoscope - 80% NP at battle start
Prisma Cosmos - 8% NP per turn
Heaven's Feel - NP strength +40%
Code Cast - ATK/DEF up 25% for 3 turns

Any of these better for Altera or just use Limited/Zero Over again?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd go with Limited Zero. I've heard her described as a mini berserker and in my experience with her that's accurate.

Laiza

It's definitely the RNG. What servants you can get without whaling depends on the account, the banner, and the servant.

I'm pretty convinced now that every account has servants that are almost unavoidable and servants that are almost unobtainable. (On my main, I still don't have Ushiwakamaru and Alexander, while I've pulled over 10 Medeas.)

I'd say Quonny's advice on the last page is the best possible advice. Try out every banner and take what you get, just in case the servant that you really want is the one that it would take 1000 quartz for your particular account to roll.
You guys have it backwards.

The chance to roll a 5* or a 4* is independent from the chance of rolling a particular servant in the first place. If someone rolled on a banner and didn't get *any* 4*s or 5*s they wouldn't have gotten any 4*s or 5*s during previous banners either; their RNG luck just does not like them.

On the flip side, getting a 5* at all is usually cause for celebration, even if it wasn't the particular one you were looking for (though obviously this is still an annoyance for limited servants). But you don't raise your chances of getting a 5* by rolling on multiple banners. If the RNG is with you, then you'll get what you want. If not, better luck next time. That's how this works. It's that simple.

Rolling on multiple banners isn't going to do anyone who was never blessed with a lucky RNG seed to suddenly get more than they would have gotten rolling on a single banner for a specific servant. It just doesn't happen that way.

OVDRobo

I'd go with Limited Zero. I've heard her described as a mini berserker and in my experience with her that's accurate.

Thanks for the advice. She seems pretty similar to Artoria stat-wise but with more damage potential in exchange for worse skills. I think she probably works better for a lot of content at the moment and I like her rainbow sword. Feels a bit wrong replacing the original Saber but I've been using her since launch. Probably no worse than abandoning the Gil I pulled at level 60 solely because I don't like him.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Thanks for the advice. She seems pretty similar to Artoria stat-wise but with more damage potential in exchange for worse skills. I think she probably works better for a lot of content at the moment and I like her rainbow sword. Feels a bit wrong replacing the original Saber but I've been using her since launch. Probably no worse than abandoning the Gil I pulled at level 60 solely because I don't like him.

Watch Carnival Phantasm and embrace the Gil.

You guys have it backwards.

The chance to roll a 5* or a 4* is independent from the chance of rolling a particular servant in the first place. If someone rolled on a banner and didn't get *any* 4*s or 5*s they wouldn't have gotten any 4*s or 5*s during previous banners either; their RNG luck just does not like them.

On the flip side, getting a 5* at all is usually cause for celebration, even if it wasn't the particular one you were looking for (though obviously this is still an annoyance for limited servants). But you don't raise your chances of getting a 5* by rolling on multiple banners. If the RNG is with you, then you'll get what you want. If not, better luck next time. That's how this works. It's that simple.

Rolling on multiple banners isn't going to do anyone who was never blessed with a lucky RNG seed to suddenly get more than they would have gotten rolling on a single banner for a specific servant. It just doesn't happen that way.

Right, but we're talking about the cases where you do get a 4* or 5* but you don't get the one that's on rate-up.

Laiza

Right, but we're talking about the cases where you do get a 4* or 5* but you don't get the one that's on rate-up.
Anyone who is gung-ho on getting a particular servant is not going to be served by decreasing the odds of them getting that particular servant by spending on banners they don't actually care that much about.

OVDRobo

Anyone who is gung-ho on getting a particular servant is not going to be served by decreasing the odds of them getting that particular servant by spending on banners they don't actually care that much about.

I mean, I just pulled Altera and Siegfried from the Drake and Anne/Mary banner. Two servants that I very much wanted from a banner that I was just throwing quartz at out of boredom and to celebrate actually having a reason to play F/GO again. I wouldn't have minded either of the new Riders but this is a better result for me. Maybe I'm just really lucky.

It's definitely still wise to save your quartz for when a servant you actually want is apparently on a rate-up but to what extent anything is actually altered can't be determined. I'd argue it's better to save for banners with limited-time servants you're interested in and be happy with whatever you get even if it's not the limited servant, rather than even pulling on standard banners. It's not as though pulling a servant reduces your chance of getting them again.

Ephidel

I'm saving up but I budgeted 5 tickets for yolo drake pulls (and then spent 10 because I'm weak). I was mostly hoping to get a decent craft essence as I'm pretty low on decent craft essences.

I got a gold rider! ... It was a dupe of Marie Antoinette :(

(The rest was Romulus, Jing Ke, Sorcery Ore, Angel's Song, Anchor's Aweigh, Kiyohime, Runestone, Crimson Black Keys, and Euryale - who I'm glad I got, but am also kind of aware I could have eventually gotten with friend points)

Now back to saving, and on with the story and (eventual) material farming \o/

Well you're taking a Caster to a Rider fight.
That's just asking for pain, even if it's Waver. Take someone else.

Do you have any assassins at a decent level you can use to abuse their resistance to riders? And do you have any friends with Jeanne? Because I benched my regular team and took a lv50 Altria Alter (because you have one), a lv45 Phantom of the Opera (because he's the lousiest assassin I have), and a friend's Jeanne and I beat it first time. I never even needed my backline.
I kind of wish I could go back and try it again without using Jeanne to cheese it.

RSchmitz

I took waver against drake. Charged Herc and NPBB killed in first turn. Last fight is the hard one imo, it's one of the 2 I had problems in jp.

It's good to see many of you getting waifus.

I'm on full quartz roll hiatus until Tamamo. Not even rolling tickets. I'll probably roll FP a bit and see if I can get Euryale though.

RSchmitz

After playing jp my quartz spending will be Jalter, Merlin and then Musashi.
Musashi is the one I loved playing there. She fits well in the schedule too.

Mirado

Snake jewel city! We did it fam! That shirt is coming off!

....once I farm up an absolute shitton of archer xp cards, but still! I actually get to watch Gil make progress versus doing my usual "get your hopes up once a week for about two AP bars worth of attempts at something that has a drop rate near 0%."

Articalys

Really wish I had a more reliable way of generating FP. Seeing as most of my servants are going to come from there, looking at people tossing around numbers like 200k makes me look at my 41k and weep.

RSchmitz

Hi Gaf, well I never payed attention to creating a descent team so I wanted to ask for some recomendations on what could be a nice party with this servants and CE

Right now for general purpose I'd have Artoria with Limited Zero and Lancelot with Kaleido.
Bring support Waver to charge the rest of Lancelot.

Change on bosses according to classes.

Yayate

I mean, I just pulled Altera and Siegfried from the Drake and Anne/Mary banner. Two servants that I very much wanted from a banner that I was just throwing quartz at out of boredom and to celebrate actually having a reason to play F/GO again. I wouldn't have minded either of the new Riders but this is a better result for me. Maybe I'm just really lucky.

It's definitely still wise to save your quartz for when a servant you actually want is apparently on a rate-up but to what extent anything is actually altered can't be determined. I'd argue it's better to save for banners with limited-time servants you're interested in and be happy with whatever you get even if it's not the limited servant, rather than even pulling on standard banners. It's not as though pulling a servant reduces your chance of getting them again.

Just as a note- from widespread testing on the japanese version, the rate-up seems to be between 65-75% (for 5 stars, at least), so if you roll a 5 star, there's a 70~% chance of it being the servant on the banner.

Dandte

Hello Grand Order GAf ,

some may know me from BraveExvius GAf. With my new phone i'm finally able to play Grand Order. I created the account back when it released and never touched it. Sadly i missed the the moon event. Did two multis on the Okeanos banner and got the green haired archer. Sadly not the grand prize but i wanted her too...only for looks since i don't know anything.

Is my account still viable or should i reroll for something like Gilgamesh? Back in the past someone said Waver and Herc will carry me a lot and even 4* are viable. Also regarding of carrying. Would be great if some of you could spare a friendslot for a newbie like me

aitakute

Hello Grand Order GAf ,

some may know me from BraveExvius GAf. With my new phone i'm finally able to play Grand Order. I created the account back when it released and never touched it. Sadly i missed the the moon event. Did two multis on the Okeanos banner and got the green haired archer. Sadly not the grand prize but i wanted her too...only for looks since i don't know anything.

Is my account still viable or should i reroll for something like Gilgamesh? Back in the past someone said Waver and Herc will carry me a lot and even 4* are viable. Also regarding of carrying. Would be great if some of you could spare a friendslot for a newbie like me

No need to reroll. Your current account is pretty good. Not just the servants but the reisou too

RSchmitz

Hello Grand Order GAf ,

Yor acc is pretty good. Gil is limited so you wouldn't be able to get him now and rerolling isn't as easy as it was when it launched. But most of all your account is good to go.

I sent a friend request ign Schmitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom