• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to know, is there other way to use the gatcha without those rainbow stars?

I know that you have to use the rainbow prisms to get those stars. Are those only for that?

What can I do with my mana cubes?

Mana Cubes, you can exchange 20 for a Summon Ticket and 40 for 10 4* EXP cards. My friend and others have said to go for 100 every month to get traded for those Summon tickets and get the maximum 5 allotted every month.

I've got "Get a Piece or Monument from Daily Quests" left to finish all the Master Missions. Which missions have those drops? Are they way rarer compared to the Gems?

Hoarding Saint Quartz is almost what I live for lately >_>

Edit: Oh God, top of the new page. SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man, Fate/Grand Order in English is grand.

MSMrRound

It's amazing how incredibly useful Sasaki Kojiro is during the Orleans chapter, lol. Can't help but laugh at how mighty this 1* fellow is, even when compared with stronger units in this particular instance.

He's Sasaki Kojiro, Dragon Slayer and savior of France.

Azusa

For those with JP experience, I understand events sometimes give out free 4*s? How much grinding is needed to max them out, and is it feasible as a F2Per? .

I have started playing fgo jp before illya event ( September? 2016 ) and could get Kuro (maxed NP) and all free event servants in the next events without any problems. Of course I had to work hard to do it. I had to prepare different teams to clear all hard content and etc but its possible. Also some events are easy and some are hard. Its not like every next event is harder than previous one. Illya event was very easy and new player friendly.

Most of the times its just event drops grind and you can buy servant. Sometimes you need to grind points, or sometimes you need to do missions. Maybe there were other ways to get servants and other things from events. I dont remember exactly.

Hubb

Just to know, is there other way to use the gatcha without those rainbow stars?

I know that you have to use the rainbow prisms to get those stars. Are those only for that?

What can I do with my mana cubes?

Mana Cubes: Shop > Exchange Mana Prisms > Summon Ticket x5.

Apparently they refresh every month, so you could theoretically get 5 summon tickets a month this way. I have no idea how it is going to work this month since the game released so late. I hope they do refresh, but I kind of expect them not to.

EDIT: Didn't refresh the page, already answered.

ExVicis

Hey guys! So I just started this game, and I have to say I don't understand half the shit I'm being told in the tutorial after looking at it.

All the same though, I re-rolled a few times and in one of those I got Emiya, Heracles and Altera. Consider I'm tired of re-rolling I'm going to stick with these guys. Is there anything I need to know about these three guys if I'm using them?

Kenai

Just started playing last night finally. Tutorial roll is random, right? I got two 4* Heracles in that one. I got the free stuff but haven't tried rolling again yet.

So is it generally good advice to just keep rerolling until you get any kind of 5*? Still doing the tutorial so I'll hold off a bit before putting in friends.

Looks like the benefit there is being able to summon their powerful servant if I understood right.

The very first tutorial roll will for sure have at least 1 4* at the expense of no 5*. It's the second one after where you can use the Saint Quartz from the login event to try for a 5*. I'm not one to talk since I got a few amazing 5* after barely rerolling, but two 4* Heracles with some support seems pretty strong to me, A leveled one on my friend's list one-rounded one of the higher level daily bosses from full health, and you can merge your two to increase his limit break-y attack thing.

On the other hand, we are supposed to be getting a free 4* (your choice of any of the 4* that the tutorial roll has) and I dunno how much you like the 5* characters. If my fav character were available at launch I'd probably be rerolling til I get him/her since the non "boosted" 5* rate is 1%, and there's never a safer time to reroll than before you invest. 1% means you could be rerolling a long time tho.

Hey guys! So I just started this game, and I have to say I don't understand half the shit I'm being told in the tutorial after looking at it.

All the same though, I re-rolled a few times and in one of those I got Emiya, Heracles and Altera. Consider I'm tired of re-rolling I'm going to stick with these guys. Is there anything I need to know about these three guys if I'm using them?

Herc is a REALLY good character but is a glass cannon, give him support to mitigate his weakness until he is leveled (and he learns his own innate mitigation) and he will wreck for you. Emiya isn't that great but gets much better once his level cap thing is broken (this can take awhile iirc). Idk much about Altera but she seems to be good at AoE dmg, which is better for farming than big hp bosses but is still decent for a 5*.

Qurupeke

When you manage to beat the 40 ap quest for the first time, it's basically unlimited ap. I have almost 200 ap and it only goes up.

Rephin

Game is fun so far but all I've been doing is farming daily quests for loot, lol. I'll get back to the story someday...

Anyone wanna add me? User ID is 756,945,435, name Tiara, lv38 with a lv 60 Waver set as main.

Flambe

Thanks for tip on setting unit up for Friend support, I assumed setting my Jeanne as leader of party would do that but I checked and was just Mash >.<

Thanks for the help guys, already burned some 3* servants that I knew I'd never use.

It looks like there is a SR Mash. Is that an upgrade you get thought the game tp your existing Mash or is a separate card?

I don't wanna do all over again :(

Kenai

Thanks for the help guys, already burned some 3* servants that I knew I'd never use.

It looks like there is a SR Mash. Is that an upgrade you get thought the game tp your existing Mash or is a separate card?

I don't wanna do all over again :(

Mash levels up through story stuff.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I pulled a Siegfried... is this guy as bad as everyone says? Not even worth leveling for the dragon killing stuff?

RSchmitz

When you manage to beat the 40 ap quest for the first time, it's basically unlimited ap. I have almost 200 ap and it only goes up.

That doesn´t last very long though, soon enough it will take more then 1 mission to level up and ap will start going down. It has for me already. Enjoy while it lasts.

Deadly

So how strong do you have to be to beat the Shadow Berserker in Fuyuki? I only managed to take out 1/4 of his hp before I wiped

I pulled a Siegfried... is this guy as bad as everyone says? Not even worth leveling for the dragon killing stuff?

Kojiro is better at the one niche Siegfried is supposed to fill. Unless you're fighting Lancers with dragon traits, but like that'll happen.

*cough*

Blue-kun

Added myself to the form, but just leaving this here as well, feel free to add me if you're looking for Altria/Saber. She's Ascended once and L50. Also have a L30 Sasaki Kojiro and some other thingies that may or may not be useful!

My Friend Code is 705922620.

Voror

The very first tutorial roll will for sure have at least 1 4* at the expense of no 5*. It's the second one after where you can use the Saint Quartz from the login event to try for a 5*. I'm not one to talk since I got a few amazing 5* after barely rerolling, but two 4* Heracles with some support seems pretty strong to me, A leveled one on my friend's list one-rounded one of the higher level daily bosses from full health, and you can merge your two to increase his limit break-y attack thing.

On the other hand, we are supposed to be getting a free 4* (your choice of any of the 4* that the tutorial roll has) and I dunno how much you like the 5* characters. If my fav character were available at launch I'd probably be rerolling til I get him/her since the non "boosted" 5* rate is 1%, and there's never a safer time to reroll than before you invest. 1% means you could be rerolling a long time tho.

Herc is a REALLY good character but is a glass cannon, give him support to mitigate his weakness until he is leveled (and he learns his own innate mitigation) and he will wreck for you. Emiya isn't that great but gets much better once his level cap thing is broken (this can take awhile iirc). Idk much about Altera but she seems to be good at AoE dmg, which is better for farming than big hp bosses but is still decent for a 5*.

Yeah I guess I lucked out on that score. Tha k you for answering the other question I meant to ask about what to do with duplicates. I'll just feed the extra to the one. Is it best to level them both before that or could I just do it now if I wanted?

Since I got Heracles I'd probably go for Emily since I like him even if it sounds like he won't be really good for a while. Is Altera Saber? Like the main one? Calling then by their real names has been throwing me off.

I think I misunderstood rerolling. It basically means just erasing all your data and then restarting again and again? I think I may just take what I get and move on from there.

ExVicis

So the ones I want to level up in terms of order is Altera -> Heracles -> Emiya? or should I move onto some 3-stars before Emiya?

Since I got Heracles I'd probably go for Emily since I like him even if it sounds like he won't be really good for a while. Is Altera Saber? Like the main one? Calling then by their real names has been throwing me off. .
Yeah Altera is Saber

So are the banners going to follow the same schedule as the Japanese release had? If so does anyone have that schedule? I'm saving quartz but I'm not sure how soon summons I want are coming.

Vlad is part of the S curve. His stats are bad until a certain point then every level skyrockets his stats, then he slows down again.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Leveling

I see, thank you both. Well guess I'll keep leveling then.

I added my Friend code to the spreadsheet: 087,607,409. I have my support party set, with the Journey Begins on Alteria. I pretty much just use someone named Lyn's Jeanne all day though. I was going to toss a few bucks at the game, since I've never really been a big mobile gamer(Only other mobile game I've ever played was Fallout Shelter), but man those prism prices seem a bit insane.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So we will always be 2 years behind JP, right? And I thought that 6 months in Dokkan Battle is too much.. :p

Based on my experience with 234234 other gacha games, it really depends on the game, and even then, certain things can make there way to the global game sooner while other things later. For example, I know we already have certain QoL things in our FGO that the Japanese players didn't get for a while. Some gacha games will accelerate things so that the global version eventually catches up to the Japanese/Korean version. It's too soon to say with FGO.

Raika

If anyone is still stuck in reroll hell and wants a double 5* Altera + Vlad account PM me. :]

EDIT: Account has been given away!

xequalsy

Hmm looks like Gilgamesh got released for 3M downloads. Not sure how NA FGO is doing there, or if they will do a 1:1 for these download celebration events. Looks like I shouldn't have to save too long then, looking forward to disappointment when I don't roll him!

Events coming up in the next year to look out for would be:
Halloween event
Christmas Event
GUDAGUDA Honnouji event
Garden of Order- KnK event
Fate/Accel Zero Order Event
Onigashima Event
Summer Event

You get a free limited NP5 max SR for fully completing them so even if you have terrible luck you can still get a pretty decent team. I still use several characters from these events because some of them are that good.

As for recent update in the jp version:
I got El Dorado Berserker! :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I've been using him and Kojiro for Orleans, but I can't see myself using him beyond that. I've used some low level XP cards on Siegfried, but have otherwise ignored him.

Voror

So I got access to do rolls now. Still in the first area so would I be better off waiting a bit to use it or might as well now? I know some stuff is unlocked through progression so does it mainly matter if I want to wait until then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom