• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate Samurai/Remnant | Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member

b1337a188022ab9f2b07014c3372e5369fd501abc80a4e008b492f44d2c9dfdb

Game Title: Fate/Samurai Remnant

Platforms:

• PC (Sep 29, 2023)
  • Nintendo Switch (Sep 29, 2023)
  • PlayStation 4 (Sep 29, 2023)
  • PlayStation 5 (Sep 29, 2023)
Trailer:

Developer: KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 81 average - 86% recommended - 7 reviews

oS0QC8U.png

Critic Reviews​

NookGaming - Thomas Knight - 9 / 10

Fate/Samurai Remnant combines the masterful storytelling of the Fate universe with Koei Tecmo's expertise in creating excellent hack-and-slash games. It's certainly worth picking up, as long as you're up for the rather challenging action RPG gameplay.

Checkpoint Gaming - Luke Mitchell - 8 / 10

A surprisingly well-rounded package, Fate/Samurai Remnant has lots of ideas, and somehow makes them all work together well. It manages to satisfy both musuo-style combat aficionados and tactical strategy folk alike, with fast-paced slasher combat mixed with numerous abilities and an overarching territory control component that is deeper than it looks at first glance. The Fate history and lore can be a lot to take on board, and long stretches of dialogue feel like a burden to the pace of things, but an intriguing cast make this a solid entry point for newcomers with enough content to make long-time fans incredibly satisfied as well.

Final Weapon - Noah Hunter - 4.5 / 5

Fate Samurai/Remnant is an excellent new take on the almost two-decade-old series. New and old fans alike have an excellent story in front of them, with dozens of hours of exciting combat through the many playable characters. This is an easy recommendation for any RPG fan in a year crowded with exceptional games.

GamingTrend - Henry Viola - 85 / 100

Fate/Samurai Remnant makes a worthwhile addition to the Fate series, as it expertly intertwines Musou-style combat with a unique historical backdrop all to tell a twisted take on the Holy Grail War. Those who are fans of the franchise are sure to enjoy its narrative rich dialogue and colorful cast of characters, but those just looking to jump into the action might find this experience a bit of a slow-burn.

Niche Gamer - Fingal Belmont - 7 / 10

Quote not yet available

PowerUp! - Jam Walker - Loved

I think the best thing I can say about Fate/Samurai Remnant is that, against all odds, I’m really quite fond of it. The characters and world it presents have drawn me in, and the breezy manner in which it plays and lets its story move keeps me engaged.

TechRaptor - Austin Suther - 9 / 10

It might not be an actual Holy Grail War, Fate/Samurai Remnant's Waxing Moon Ritual delivers a bombastic, action-packed musou game with a narrative that gripped me for dozens of hours.

Top Bottom