• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father-to-Be Killed by Explosion While Building Device for Gender-reveal

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
When I last had a child (2 and a half years ago) I let everyone know by calling them and telling them. I thought that was the way normal people did this shit???
You missed out.

If you did a YT of exploding pink or blue confetti, you could got 100s or 1000s of random people on Twitter and YT saying youre the coolest dad. Also, you'll get commenters saying youre a loser too.

Next time you have a kid, try it out.

But if you only get 8 comments and they are all bad, don't be depressed or jump off a bridge or anything.

Last edited:

Aesius

When I last had a child (2 and a half years ago) I let everyone know by calling them and telling them. I thought that was the way normal people did this shit???
I didn't even post an announcement on social media. Did the same as you. Called and texted a few people. That's it.

OrtizTwelve

Gender reveals are nothing but trendy millennial nonsense, for the sake of getting attention on social media and "keeping up with the jones"

sackings

When we started celebrating kids graduating from kindergarten...this was the next logical step. Keep the celebrations for actual accomplishments people, otherwise nothing is special anymore.

Batiman

Banned
Would be nice if there was a product that was sold that did what he tried to make. Instead were seeing bootleg scientists harm themselves playing with dangerous shit.

There probably is something similar you could buy, if not someone get on that. Thank me later

*Nightwing

Is that applicable here? He had reproductive success.
I would say so, not in the sense of survival of the species, but in the sense the slowest and stupidest go first at an individual level. This father was the wildlife equivalent of a gazelle being too preoccupied with watching its own shadow and becoming cheetah dung. But make no mistake humanity ain’t gonna outlive alligators as a species with successful procreation being so easy for us in the modern age ignoring the natural hierarchy of the earth... but that’s a different topic... for this topic yup, play stupid games win stupid prizes = survival of the fittest

Last edited:
Top Bottom