• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Frozen Pizza

Vier

Member
Jun 7, 2019
870
1,129
400
Dallas, Texas
Ah yes, hello all.

What's your fav frozen pizza ?

I always bought the hype and thought it was DiGiorno's. Tonight, I just made a Freschetta's Pepperoni Pizza.

BY FAR, the best frozen pizza I've ever had!

Honorable mentions go out to Red Baron's and Totino's (great crust)

Who you got?
 

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
5,643
10,294
840
h*ck
Freschetta is superior to most brands, including the others you mentioned. Red Baron has to load their pizza with MSG to make it edible.

California Pizza Kitchen beats them all in taste, but it’s thin crust so it won’t deliver the same calorie and flavor overload that even the cheap shitty brands so.
 
  • Like
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Vier and EviLore

ScarletSpider

Member
Oct 12, 2019
876
1,390
420
Target’s store brand (Market Pantry) frozen three meat pizzas used to be the tits

can’t find em now, so I swap between DiGiorno’s and Freschetta
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vier

DragoonKain

Member
Nov 13, 2013
4,539
6,849
960
Ah yes, hello all.

What's your fav frozen pizza ?

I always bought the hype and thought it was DiGiorno's. Tonight, I just made a Freschetta's Pepperoni Pizza.

BY FAR, the best frozen pizza I've ever had!

Honorable mentions go out to Red Baron's and Totino's (great crust)

Who you got?
Dude that’s so fucking weird just today I had a frozen pizza video pop up on my YouTube feed and the person who rated them ranked Freschetta #1 and Digiorno #2.

Are you the same guy?

Anyway, I honestly don’t know, I can’t eat them they give me horrible stomach issues and acid reflux. I haven’t had one in well over a decade.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: and 3 others
May 11, 2011
6,129
926
790
Australia
Frozen pizzas here in Australia are bad. They really lack topping volume.
The refrigerated pizzas at Coles are pretty good though. They're fresher, have more topping and are the same price as frozen pizzas.
 

Grinchy

Member
Aug 3, 2010
25,394
12,454
1,205
a cave outside of Whoville.
I actually can't stand DiGiorno or Freschetta. It's like 90% really awful and cheap dough. The other 10% is a tiny splash of bad sauce scraped across and 11 shreds of mozzarella cheese that speckle across the whole thing but cover nothing.

Tombstone and Red Baron are awful as well. I mean, I don't really like any of the frozen pizza brands, but the one I find most palatable is the cheapest and technically worst - Jack's.

 

Amory

Member
Jul 10, 2008
10,584
460
825
Connecticut
The best frozen pizzas are the ones that don't try to be more than a frozen pizza. I always found digiorno to be nasty because there's a million ingredients and they're all artificial. So it's just a salt bomb.

There used to be a regional brand called Mystic in the northeast that was pretty good, idk if it's still a thing

 

Doom85

Member
Mar 3, 2018
1,519
1,470
400
Found out the actor passed away last year. Sad that one of the most prominent supporting characters of Community can't appear if they ever do get to make the movie, but hey, he made it to 93 and appeared in 160 movies/shows, that's nothing to sneeze at.

RIP, Leonard. We always told you to shut up, but we're really glad you never did.
 
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: GymWolf

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Aug 8, 2007
6,518
506
1,250
35
I liek Aldi's store brand pizza.

But if I want cheap pizza I just go to Little Caesar's and hit up the pizza portal.
 

Greedings

Member
May 23, 2016
2,355
2,217
480
Probably cheating but I love a frozen flammkuchen, beats frozen pizza any day.

Cant find the brand, but looks like this out the oven.

 

Halo is Dead

Member
May 20, 2018
3,647
5,669
630
I like Red Baron. It's cheap and taste pretty alright. I like getting the 3 cheese and season it with red pepper flakes.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Manus

natjjohn

Member
Oct 15, 2007
982
246
1,070
Don’t really do frozen pizza on the regular. Rate occasion. When I slammed regularly as a kid, loved Digiornos. Costco four pack is solid
 
Oct 26, 2018
10,978
13,548
595
Not a ton of variety in Canada. You got Costco pies, store brand, and in grocery stores 90% of the branded pizzas are shitty $4 Dr Oetker pizzas and $6 Delissios. Delissio has a new pan pizza which is shit. Their stuffed crust is a bit better than their rising crust ones.

There is one called Mike's from Quebec which some stores like RCSS carry which is good. But only 2-3 flavours. It's like $7. Based off a restaurant.

 

Setzer

Member
Jan 13, 2012
1,153
311
655
These are pretty good....



Also, I normally don't care for DiGiorno's but this is one is really good...




That Barstool Pizza guy that does pizza reviews on YouTube really likes Zuppardis and Detroit Style Pizza Co. I'll have to order some and give them a try.