• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Pokemon Designs Post Gen 3

Mah boi, Klinklang:
8fTBubz.gif

Cubchoo's da real deal, too:
tumblr_mn2o4797JG1qau6z9o1_500.gif

Drain You

I usually write off anything after Gen II as garbage designs. Thanks for this thread reminding me that a lot of them after are actually pretty great. I think they just aren't ingrained into my childhood as Gen I and Gen II were.

Wiseblade

At this point, more of my favourite designs come from the Gen IV onward than from the first three. Most of theM have been posted in this thread already, but I'm disappointed in the lack of Empoleon in this thread.

Kenai

Most of my favorites have been posted (Joltik, Pangoro, Ribombee. Tyrunt/Tyrantum, Mimikyuu, Bewear), so I will post Serperior.

497-Serperior.png

It wasn't great to use until Contrary came along but that design is pure class.

Complaining about the gears is played out so I'll skip that one, but the snot nose bear?
I'm not sure, to be honest. I just find Cubchoo to be cute as a button, and the way his snot moves along with him is really funny.

I just realized I've probably played every single generation of this series, just about.
I love both of these, a pot plant turtle and a fucking chandelier.
Pokemon, folks.
These two are great, too! Torterra looks like it has a whole fucking continent on its back.

Pizza

Lots of good stuff in this thread, but y'all forgot one of the objective best Pokémon:

435-Skuntank.png

My weak spot for Pokémon has always been "normal animals but different." Skuntank shoots gas and fire out it's tail like a tank and has a loud fart noise in it's cry. I love him.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Don't know why, but from Sun and Moon, I really loved Xurkitree once I saw that it's a bunch of cables. (edit: huh, didn't notice the zipties/lights(?))

I haven't played Sun/Moon yet but this design stood out to me, too. It reminds me of the Virus digimon from Digimon the Movie. Also looks like a sea urchin or whatever which I like.

Top Bottom