• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite "struggle" meals?

Ownage

8140259684_ff06bb72d1_b.jpg

Reon

I think every meal I eat these days is a struggle meal. Not because I'm struggling, just because I'm lazy. Mostly I eat a lot of cheap boiled meats and broccoli. You can buy broccoli in huge frozen bags as well as huge frozen bags of chicken meats. It's incredibly boring and bland but I don't really care I'm not trying to impress anybody

Rat Rage

I have to try some of the recipes in here. Threads like these are always fascinating.

Anyway, my take: microwaved onions (till they are really soft) are pretty great. You can make it premium if you add some butter, salt and pepper on top of it after they are done.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Steamed rice with canned black beans On top . Super easy and quite tasty. If you have a tortilla even better.

Brown rice
Egg
Onion
Sweet Peppers
Mushrooms
Dark Soy
MSG

So basically vegetable fried rice. Can make a huge portion / 2 portions for about £3 max

cryptoadam

Banned
In the Philipines they eat real struggle meals.

Look up Pagpag

Pagpag is a Tagalog term for leftover food from restaurants (usually from fast-food restaurants) scavenged from garbage sites and dumps.[1][2] Pagpag food can also be expired frozen meat, fish, or vegetables discarded by supermarkets and scavenged in garbage trucks where this expired food is collected.[3] The word in the Tagalog language literally means "to shake off the dust or dirt", and refers to the act of shaking the dirt off of the edible portion of the leftovers. Pagpag can be either eaten immediately after it was found in the trash or cooked in variety of ways after collecting it.

miami

Neo Member
Growing up, this was our struggle meal, arroz y huevo frito. Add a banana if you can afford one.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Hot dogs when I don't even put the buns in the oven but heat them in a microwave.. or even worse a toaster ... and sausages just from microwave or cold even.
or a jar of tripe from supermarket... I am a monster

Last edited:

Tranquil

Nuke a couple hot dogs and then drop a few spoon fulls of cottage cheese on your plate and eat the cottage cheese with the hot dog same bite.

It's unusual, but seriously it's good.

Ten_Fold

Bacon and cut up potatoes, and noodles with boil egg and whatever discount chicken at the grocery store.

Top Bottom