• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Ultimate Weapon?

PK Gaming

A.k.a the most powerful, fearsome or legendary weapon in any given game. I always try to get them, even if they're incredibly inconvenient (but not too inconvenient) . It's just so satisfying to see a character turn into an unmitigated asskicker after getting one.

Some of my favs include:

Ultima_Weapon_(Cloud).png

Ultima Weapon(FF7): You can't beat the classics, and nothing proves that better than FF7's Ultima Weapon. Everyone who's played FF7 knows what i'm talking about. This is the weapon. It's ridiculously strong, with a unique mechanic that makes it easy to get 9999 damage with it, and the process of obtaining one is really fun. I can't think of an FF7 playthrough where I didn't go for it.

Xu2LSTX.gif

Sword of the seals (FE6): There are a lot of great endgame legendary weapons in the fire emblem games, but Sword of Seals has always stood out on top for me. Maybe it's the fact that it's got a ranged attack, or that the attack animation is just pure FIRE, but it's always been a weapon I loved getting. Shame about the 20 uses though...

Harbinger (Ratchet & Clank:Deadlocked): I imagine a few of you bring up the R.Y.N.O, and while I agree that those weapons are pretty great, they just pale in comparison to the Harbinger. I mean goddamn, have you seen this thing in action?. Goddamn.

There are a few other Ultimate weapons that escape me atm, but that's the gist of it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Ultima wep in kh2

Sucks cause you cant go oathkeeper oblivion, but hey, it looks awesome.

I just love the design on it.

Ryno 3 is silly in Ratchet 3, doesn't that just one shot everything that isnt a boss?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Sorry OP but the R.Y.N.O. that plays the 1812 Overture while being fired is the most awesome ultimate weapon in the Rachet and Clank series.

TI82

Banned
Sword of the seals (FE6): There are a lot of great endgame legendary weapons in the fire emblem games, but Sword of Seals has always stood out on top for me. Maybe it's the fact that it's got a ranged attack, or that the attack animation is just pure FIRE, but it's always been a weapon I loved getting. Shame about the 20 uses though...

That's always the struggle with fire emblem weapons is the limited uses.

My answer is the heavy bouncer in Ratchet and Clank PS4, so damn overpowered

latest

jiggles

Banned
That doesn't look like FFVII's Ultima Weapon. And its mechanic made it more difficult to hit max damage because it scaled down if you lost HP, no?

PK Gaming

Sorry OP but the R.Y.N.O. that plays the 1812 Overture while being fired is the most awesome ultimate weapon in the Rachet and Clank series.

Not even gonna lie, this is a damn good counterargument

That doesn't look like FFVII's Ultima Weapon. And its mechanic made it more difficult to hit max damage because it scaled down if you lost HP, no?

It's the Dissidia design

And it's pretty easy to keep your health up in FF7 so you're basically belting out 9999 damage hits like nothing (pretty crazy when combined with the x4 cut materia)

Zebei

OP took mine with Roy's weapon and Harbinger. :/

Lion heart is pretty cool too IMO because it's a sword (that is also a gun) made of lasers or something and let's you use Squall's omnislash equivalent.

Sword of Olympus was pretty badass in GoW 2 and 3.
The hammer in Donkey Kong was clutch as well.
The musical RYNO was funny for a while.
Even Blue Shell gets an honorable mention.

Dual Einlanzers (Chrono Cross)

Nevermind, you win.^
Nothing says ultimate like finding the best sword in the world, and then going to an alternate time, finding that same best sword, and bringing it back to dual wield them.

Piers

What better way to accompany an OP transformation than with
190px-Fierce_Deity_Link.png

a double helix sword

+10 for non-stop energy slashes

Kinsei

Banned
The Handcannon from Resident Evil 4.

hqdefault.jpg

It's your reward for getting 5* on every stage with every character in The Mercenaries. Once fully upgraded it has 99.9 power and infinite ammo.

SkyOdin

The Shining Laser from Mega Man Legends 1 and 2. It can be acquired in both games by acquiring a variety of special items from various major sidequests, and it is insanely powerful. The Shining Laser can kill the final boss of Legends in a matter of seconds, even without significant upgrades. If you do choose to upgrade it, it becomes stupidly powerful and acquires infinite ammo.

Nazo

I'm a big fan of the Killstar from Farcry 3: Blood Dragon
Mostly because its super silly and over the top.

latest

kungfuweapon

Neo Member
The Chronoscepter from Turok and the Nuke from Turok 2. The fact that you had to collect the scattered pieces along the campaign made them even more special. It was SO satisfying to fire those for the first time.

Unreal Tournament's Redemeer

A portable human-guided small area nuclear missile!

browse_raw.jpg

Also, with a popular mod, you can ride the damn thing to your explosive and glorious demise!

11399a.jpg

Gold Melter Overdrive from Super Stardust HD. Nothing else in any other twin stick shooter has come close to being as satisfying. Even other Housemarque games can't match it.

DTJAAAAM

Atma Weapon. The visual of the growing blade was neat for the time, and it was my go-to weapon for Locke due to the 9,999 damage potential.

Jeiiya

My heart goes out to the form-changing Ultima Weapon from Final Fantasy VI. I love that thing because it keeps changing based on your HP.

Also, major shoutout to Heihachi's ultimate weapon from Soul Calibur II. It's NOTHING. Just his bare fists!

woopWOOP

All of the ultimate weapons in Fire Emblem (7) are great just because of the holy chorus music they invoke in every battle

Ieu

Knightmare/Soul Edge [the Soul Calibur II version specifically]
What's not to love about a fully armour-clad knight with a living Zweihänder sword which is slowly fusing with you to become an unstoppable force of evil.

Don't forget the nice big eye too!

Top Bottom