• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite and least favourite sony game you've beat?

Best: Demon's Souls
Worst: Bloodborne
Elon Musk Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

GymWolf

From the past 3 gen ps3-ps4-ps5, I liked most sony games so i'm just gonna list the "stinkers" (so what i would score under a 7/10 but still decent games, even just for the production values)

Unchy 3-4-lost legacy (barely finished 4, didn't even bother with finishing the other 2)
The order (but i would buy a sequel from a more talented studio)
Gow chains of olympus was pretty weak other than nice graphic on a psp
Killzone 4 was pretty underwhelming except graphic
Resistance 2 or 3 (i can't remember the one that bored me)
Ico was nice but really not my genre.
gow ascension was acceptable, no more than that.

I have a shit memory so i'm probably forgetting some other 2-3 titles.

Last edited:

Fbh

If co-deveoped alongside an external dev counts: Bloodborne: It's all that I like about Dark Souls in an awesome new setting with a faster and combat system that really fits my playstyle.
If it has to be truly Sony made: God of War 2018: Awesome mix of gameplay, story and visuals. Loved the semi open structure of the world, the light RPG elements and it finally gave me a GOW with a story that kept me engaged while taking the combat in a less spectacular but ultimately more enjoyable direction

Worst:
Infamous 1.
Never cliked with me, the visuals are horrible, the combat is just a basic third person shooter with an "electricity" skin and the story was just ok.
Infamous 2 was the only good game in the franchise.

Humdinger

Favorite: Horizon Zero Dawn.

Least favorite: Infamous Second Son. It was okay, but forgettable. I'm sure there are worse Sony games, but I didn't finish (or even start) them.

Stamps1646

Favorites: TLOU 2, Uncharted 2, GOW 2018, Gravity Rush 2, and Beyond: Two Souls.
Least Favorites: Infamous series, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 1, 3 & 4, and Killzone series

Last edited:
On a gameplay front, Uncharted 2 is a high on my list. Just going for something memorable I have to say that I found The Last Guardian striking despite having to fight the game mechanics a lot. Gravity Rush I also enjoyed a lot because of how "not-safe" as a franchise it was against mostly everything else that Sony does. Refreshing.

Worst I'd say Ratchet & Clank 2016 on PS4, what a steaming load of generic shite. Zero personality, zero fun. Uncharted 3 feels a bit weird and unnecessary (and weirdly, full of awesome set pieces, but manages to be less than the sum of it's parts), but I wouldn't say bad, aimless at parts perhaps.

Last edited:
Favorite, by far, TLoU. Both, equally, wouldn‘t wanna decide, they are one canon and they will be both equally loved.

Least are David Cage games. I hated Heavy Rain, I hated Beyond and I gave Detroid a chance but then I just gave up trying to like these „interactive story telling/movie games“ from this man. I loved Life is Strange, but David Cage just sucks as a director in my opinion.

Guilty_AI

Best: original GOW trilogy. Played it all together so can't really pick one

Worse: TLoU. Could go to GOW18 but i didn't ever bother finishing that one so i don't know if it counts.

20cent

Banned
Favorites: Detroit, Uncharted 2 & 4

Least favorites (borderline hated): Spiderman, Tsushima, TLOU (ps3)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Tough call but if we're talking Sony exclusives, then probably God of War 2.

That game was absolutely amazing. All of the God of War games up to God of War 3 were amazing and probably God of War Ascension.

I can't comment on the more recent Nordic God of War games because I haven't played them but they look fun in a different sort of way.

MAtgS

Only games made by sony studios count.

Favourite - inFAMOUS on the PS3. Honourable mention: Horizon Zero Dawn, inFAMOUS 2.

Least favourite - God of War 1 PS2. Honurable Mention: Horizon Forbidden West, Spider-Man PS4.
Favorite: Spiderman
Least favorite: Infamous

Fav: TLoU > GOW(2018) = SotC > TLoU2 > R&C(original)

Least: The Order < Infamous 2nd Son < Horizon: FW < Ghost of Tsushima < Horizon:ZD

Note. Uncharted was amazing back in it’s time, now it’s all extremely outdated.

where are all the old fcks. the Gran Turismo 2 enjoyers. Ppl were OBSESSED with that game back in the day. theres gotta be ppl that think thats the best playstation exclusive

bitbydeath

Best: Warhawk, God of War series, Days Gone, TLOU1
Worst: DriveClub (It killed Motorstorm), Haze (It killed TimeSplitters)

skit_data

It’s so funny that TLOU2 is considered the best by many and the worst by just as many.

Can’t think of many other pieces of art that have been recieved that way.

Roberts

I usually don’t complete games I don’t like but Uncharted 4 is a rare exception. I remember hoping the game to end at some point and then I had to play 6 more hours.

Runner Up: Hmm, Shadow of Colossus, maybe

Best: I’ve said it million times here but GoW 18. Runner Up: Uncharted 2

Ogbert

Best: Gravity Rush 2. Love that game to bits.
Worst: Not trying to be a hipster but I just can’t get on with GoW. Not my thing.

Daymos

Best- ico or Bloodborne if that counts.

Worst- the last of us. Joel carried the game for me, I didn't like the gameplay or overall zombie concept.. I just really liked the depressed father-figure, really great character.

Last edited:

SCB3

Favorite:

God of War 2018 by far

Bloodborne is a close second

Worst:

Days Gone, I hated this game until a few hours in and then it goes on for 10 hours too long

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Spider-Man brought in a certain level of open world prestige, you are required to solve puzzles, Watch cutscenes and the Peter Parker thing is a feel good story.

Top Bottom