• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite Simpsons joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have three children and no money. Why can't I have no children and three money?

hqdefault.jpg

"She'll go 300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene."

"What country is this car from?"

"It no longer exists, but take her for a test-drive and you'll agree--'Zagreb ebnen zloty diev!'"

"Put it in 'H!'"

This entire scene never fails to get a rise out of me. It's so brilliantly-written and -animated.

This one too

wedca

It isn't iconic like most of these but my favorite joke is when Homer claims to have written the song "Feel Like Making Love" as a tribute to Princess Di.

pbayne

Homer: This is my quest. I'm like that guy. That Spanish guy. You know, he fought the windmill...
Marge: Don Quixote?
Homer: No, that's not it. What's-his-name, the Man of La Mancha.
Marge: Don Quixote.
Homer: No!
Marge: I really think that was the character's name. Don Quixote.
Homer: Fine! I'll look it up! [heads off and consults a reference]
Marge: Well, who was it?
Homer: Never mind.

Kyrios

Treehouse of Horror has some great ones:

Sideshow Bob: The deed is done...23 years of trying to kill an 11 year old child

-------

When Death is killed and Moe tried to hang himself

Moe: Gee if I knew it would take this long I would have put the TV on...

Pizza guy: Pizza delivery

Moe: Money's on the table, no tip

Pizza guy: You miserable bastard!

Moe: That's why I'm up here...

Homer:
OK, look: I've done some bad things in my life, but harassing women is not one of them. Like one time, we were having this race with the stupid olde timey bicycle with the big wheel in front, so I figure, "We'll see about that!" So I get this big chunk of cinderblock, and...

Also a favorite from Two Dozen and One Greyhounds:

Lisa: Is that what we do in this family? When someone becomes an inconvenience, we just get rid of them?

[The screen cuts to Abe Simpson at the retirement home, picking up the phone even if nobody is calling.]

Grampa: Hello? Is there anybody there? [puts down the phone] Awww...

It's so sad but it never fails to make me laugh.

My real favorite is probably Worker and Parasite, but just so we're not repeating ourselves:

giphy.gif

Grandpa's line after ("Are you Baaaart?") is great too.

Hazmat

OjXWovoDsOZ_5po9wS30-H_70i4=.gif

This whole episode is great, and at least one of the better moments has been posted already. "Precious Venus" with Homer's face just kills me.

ZeroWil

In "Bart the Murderer", when the prosecuting attorney asks the judge to strike Principal Skinner's testimony from the court always gets me laughing.

Varjet

Marge: Homer, when are you going to give up this crazy sugar scheme?

Homer: Never, Marge. Never. I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?"

GunBR

hqdefault.jpg

Homer: Okay, brain. If we don't think of something, Marge will leave us forever!
Homer's Brain: Eat the pudding, eat the pudding, eat the pudding, eat the pudding, eat the pudding

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Everyone Loves Ned Flanders:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHdJZu49aTc

Everyone Hates Ned Flanders:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDARzui4zPg

They also spell Flanders 4 times wrong in the song.

(in order)

F L A N R D S
F L A E R S
F L A D E R
F L A E R S
That "STYX and STONES" record store joke is one of the best sign gags on the show since "Stoner's Pot Palace".

Plus Flanders himself enjoying the song.

"I've come to hate my own creation! Now I know how God feels."

BiggNife

"Congratulations on the new job, Homer!"

"New job???

MARGE IS PREGNANT!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

BsvAZInCIAANZn7.jpg

It's such a ridiculous joke that lasts like 3 minutes if you count the buildup from when Homer leaves the bowling alley but the punchline is perfect and makes me laugh every time.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's crazy that people can post a still image of a random scene and even without reading the caption or context I start laughing.
I must have watched every episode in Seasons 1-17 at least 3 or 4 times over the years.

Dali

Marge: [raised voice as she is leaving the house]Homer, I'm going to my sisters'. Remember! Pick up Bart!
Homer: [on the couch, watching tv, solving a wheel of fortune puzzle] "im on my way."
*sound of door shutting as Marge leaves*
Homer: what'd you say, marge?

I sentence you to kiss my ass!

Also 'That's the joke' is one that lives on!

I think my favourite has to be 'I don't know' though, Homers delivery is just perfect

Edit just thought of another that gets me everytime:

Brad Goodman: Be like the boy!
Everyone: [very quickly] Be like the boy! Be like the boy!
Brad Goodman: Just the ladies!
Ladies: Be like boy! Be like boy!
Brad Goodman: Now, the seniors at the back!
Grampa, Jasper and Old Jewish Man: We like Roy! We like Roy!

Leonard Nimoy: My job here is done.

Barney Gumble: What do you mean? You didn't do anything.

Leonard Nimoy: [chuckles] Didn't I?

nimoy.jpg

So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom