• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI statement on Sony hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

This whole thing is just nuts. It's ridiculous.

Sometimes I really hate the internet. Can I just go back to the 80's when I didn't realize the world was so full of assholes and idiots?

Not

Banned
My understanding of how the internet works is very small, but is there a way to kinda shut off NK's access to our internet? Like, cut some wires or something?

No. Well, there is, but you'd end up crippling everyone's Internet in the process.

Not

Banned
You're gonna be disappointed if you think it's only about the sony hack.

I'm also excited about the drop of the Cuba embargo. Close Guantanamo for the hat trick.

1. Osama

2. Cuba embargo

3. Guantanamo

Bonus: Obamacare

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And Sony are pussies. And Kim Jong Un is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

bvvrNvY.gif

Tugatrix

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And Sony are pussies. And Kim Jong Un is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

That first post

1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

giphy.gif

ghst

thanks for the laugh
all that wasted energy taking the lives of people in the street, the real meat is in taking the emails of corporate executives.

AngryMoth

I don't know what but I feel like there has to be some kind of retribution for this. They need to realise we won't tolerate these kind of threats and attacks, otherwise what's to stop them doing it again. Shit's unacceptable.

Hari Seldon

I'm sure they can easily retaliate, but then they would probably blow their load and would have to rehack everything. Probably remaining on the DL is the wisest intel move since they want to keep tabs on NKs nuke and missile programs.

lol

I don't know what but I feel like there has to be some kind of retribution for this. They need to realise we won't tolerate these kind of threats and attacks, otherwise what's to stop them doing it again. Shit's unacceptable.
We could try imposing crippling sanctions onto their country.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
They seem to enjoy isolation, so cut them off from the net, completely and utterly.

I'm sure the US still holds enough control of the original Internet infrastructure to facilitate such a move.

If they can't connect, then they can't do shit.

If a network becomes associated with them, remove that too,.

Disgusting.

They seem to enjoy isolation, so cut them off from the net, completely and utterly.

I'm sure the US still holds enough control of the original Internet infrastructure to facilitate such a move.

If they can't connect, then they can't do shit.

If a network becomes associated with them, remove that too,.

Pretty sure all of their connectivity goes through China.

Tangeroo

Amazing first post. Also, clip for reference.

Koomaster

Wow, had no idea the hackers were actually working for the gov't. I just thought it was hackers who were North Korean. But this probe confirms it was gov't sanctioned? That's pretty significant.

Servbot24

Banned
Pretty much this, this was only the beginning. Now any major studio is gonna be afraid of making or distributing any movie that is critical of governments, no major studio is gonna take that chance again when the repercussions can be so huge. It already has happened, just ask Steve Carell his North Korea-Based Thriller got canceled.

wtf @ your username

Anyways I really hope the impact of this is not lost on people, but so far it seems that Spider-woman being seductive was a bigger deal. :/

Ahasverus

So North Korea is directly threatening specific US citizens with a terrorist attack similar in scope to September 11th.

I guess we have arrived at the part where the US government steps in in a more major way.

Release the movie and tell Kim Jong Un that if we even suspect he's getting out of bed on Christmas morning that Santa will bring him a nuclear gift basket.
And over a movie lol Oh North korea you so crazy.

No, seriously. Show the goddamn movie and show them how it's done, if you let them win this time this will be the weapon they'll keep using more and more. STAND BY YOUR FREEDOM AMERICA

Wow, had no idea the hackers were actually working for the gov't. I just thought it was hackers who were North Korean. But this probe confirms it was gov't sanctioned? That's pretty significant.

How do you suppose that a poor hacker from north korea would manage to download and store over 100 TBs of data by their lonesome self, knowing that they're a nation of poor and oppressed people?

A country in possession of nuclear weapons just threatened an attack on the scale of 9/11 against the United States over a movie. I realize that North Korea has always been loopy as fuck but this is over the top even for them.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Now that they know it's North Korea, why not release the film? Any attack would be an act of war.

If I had to guess, they are preparing for some sort of online release, but its not that simple to just turn it around that fast especially when their computer situation is the way it is

akira28

You think they don't have spies on US soil?

Just look for the 7 foot tall 400 lb North Korean guy with the blond hair, iphone, google glass, sitting in the back of the strip club, eating Ben and Jerrys.

Once they're outside of their home environment, the chemicals in the Western diet start to take over.

I wounder what the US will do in response to this. So screwed up that NK did this.

My thoughts as well. But I guess if something did happen at a theater the lawsuits would be enormous.

I dont understand why the U.S. and it's allies dont just completely sever NK's ability to network outside of the country. This kind of thing warrants such an action IMO.

I would urge every single Hollywood studio to make zero to minimum budget films depicting NK, their government and their fucked up leader in the most demeaning and despicable fashion, make the most tasteless films, with scenes of Kim Jong Un on his knees, giving bj's in alleys to (multiple) homeless men draped in the U.S. Flags. Make about a dozen of these films, release one every month for the next year... You have my $8.50 Hollywood, I would go see these movies in the theater everytime they are released... This, I think this is he best way we can retaliate against this attack on the free world and freedom of expression.

IISANDERII

"Such acts of intimidation fall outside the bounds of acceptable state behavior"

Really? This is what's over the top? I don't recall the FBI making a lengthy statement like this when China hacked and stole nuclear secrets.

FBIsprioritiesGIFfromTheSimpsonsS25E09StealThisEpisode-28784.gif

"Such acts of intimidation fall outside the bounds of acceptable state behavior"

Really? This is what's over the top? I don't recall the FBI making a lengthy statement like this when China hacked and stole nuclear secrets.

FBIsprioritiesGIFfromTheSimpsonsS25E09StealThisEpisode-28784.gif

Apart from the hack there were threats of violence against Sony employees and their families along with threats of terror attacks against theaters showing the film. And these were part of the actions believed to be carried out by a state rather than a group. That is viewed a bit more seriously than "lol simpsons piracy gif".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom