• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fe (EA/Zoink) - Gamescom Trailer | Switch Version Announced (in addition to PC/PS/XB)

Mael

200_s.gif

Since Henry Hatsworth at least!
Make more of these and you'll get my bucks nearly everytime if you don't MT and season pass the hell out of this.

pswii60

It looks lovely but the actual gameplay doesn't look very refined. I prefer games like this to be a little tighter in that regard. It just seems very floaty (and I'm not talking about the intentionally floaty bits.)

I'm just tired of this myth that there is a "Nintendo audience" that only plays games where everyone skips and jumps and smiles and has fur on eyeballs or something. Don't mind me.

Wholeheartedly agree with this stance. I've been meaning to write a blog post about the "Nintendo Audience" myth for quite a while. It's exactly that. A myth. It's also a very reductive and hubristic expression, one that shares parallels with some of the toxic elements of the society we live in - specifically perceptions of "'real' men or adults", maturity, whimsicality, (dis)ability or "childish". Perhaps that is a discussion for another time. In the console spaces, Nintendo fans, in my experience, are among the most open/receptive of new ideas, and actually support them - Between learning new controller inputs (often derided as "gimmicks" by people who don't know the meaning of the word), buying home and portable products, supporting multiple libraries, and buying another console or PC in addition to access the non-exclusive games that we would love to play on our preferred systems, this narrative has become very irritating. Just a few points. But Yeah, Like You, I wish that these publishers would just bring the games, and if they're asking "Will It Sell?", they're asking the wrong question.

Returning to the topic, I enjoyed the trailer, and hope that it delivers.

Fe looks kind of neat, but that howling is horrifying. Really disturbing. Don't know if I could play the game.

For me, "games fit for Nintendo console" are usually the more creative kind, with bold use of colours and neat varieties in gameplay.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Only an immature twit would think that being colourful means kiddy.

There's games suited for many ages, like Nintendo games usually, there's games clearly aimed for kids, then there's those "mature" games aimed at teenage boys with ample cleavage and lots of blood and guts. Then there all the sports games etc. Oh, and then there's games with complex narratives and themes that adults will get most of.

Lots of games for different kind of people, and that is good. Everyone should be able to find what they like. And those who think that they are some kind of higher beings because they prefer certain games or worse, actively hate certain games, well their behaviour is almost one to one when thinkind about recent events in the US...

It probably helps that Zoink had Flipping Death coming to Switch, as well, prior to this announcement. Plus, Zoink worked on Wii U with Stick It to the Man.

Wozman23

I was mildly interested when this was initially shown. I've enjoyed the silliness of Zoink's 2D games, but felt this was a pretty drastic shift away from that style. However, this trailer gives me shades of charm similar to Tearaway.

Most publishers right now aren't announcing Switch versions of their games even if they'd be a good match, so it's unusual to see EA of all publishers being one of the few that do.

Obviously they all were surprised by Switchs success. It has been on the market only a few month. Switch announcements will be the standard 3Q 2017/2018.

Top Bottom