• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[FEATURE] NeoGAF Streams

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
I'm excited to announce a new NeoGAF feature: NeoGAF Streams. With NeoGAF Streams, you can link your NeoGAF and Twitch accounts and get featured on NeoGAF when you're live-streaming on Twitch.

https://www.neogaf.com/twitch/

ovImcuj.png

Several users (such as Filth Filth as seen above!) have already been helping us during the beta test, but this new feature is ready to be enjoyed by every NeoGAF member. The first step is linking your NeoGAF and Twitch accounts:

JPzb6xy.png

On the Twitch page, click "Connect Twitch Account". You'll be prompted to log in to Twitch:

vd28T4d.png

Once you're logged in, you'll be asked for to authorize NeoGAFTwitch:

tSPDq73.png

(By default, NeoGAFTwitch only has access to view your channel feed. This is done as a one-time authorization with our systems to make sure your Twitch account is valid and belongs to you, and can be revoked any time using the Twitch settings page.)

If everything is successful, you'll see this:

nM6vpnf.png

If you'd like to disconnect your accounts, you can do so by clicking the Disconnect link.

Once your accounts have been connected, all you have to do is start streaming on Twitch like normal. When you're live, your stream will be featured on the main Twitch page and your posts on NeoGAF will show a "Live on Twitch" icon next to your profile picture that other users can click on to view your stream. We hope that you enjoy this new feature - and we're looking forward to following along on your gaming adventures.

dolabla

That's pretty dang awesome. This site just keeps getting better and better. I freaking love it! Appreciate all the work you guys (EL, admins, mods, etc) are putting into the site :cool:

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
This sounds pretty awesome. Now I just need internet that doesn't suck so I can do some streaming. Until then, looking forward to seeing what my fellow gaffers get up to.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is seriously incredible.

Michele

you.
Great, but I can not stream. But it's cool being able to see the streams, and maybe that'll get some viewers to be on Neogaf.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Do you intend on supporting YouTube Gaming or the MS one?

We are focusing on Twitch for now, but could potentially roll Youtube or Mixer into NeoGAF Streams further down the line.

We have some interesting feature integrations further planned, so stay tuned.

dolabla

Love all the features of the new GAF. If only these features were up when the site was at its most popular :cry:

True, but while it may be smaller, the health of the board is the best it's been in a long time since all the crazies left. Normalcy has returned. This place will only grow.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Neat. I'll try this next week. Folks can watch me shit the bed in some old DOS games or something. =p

We are focusing on Twitch for now, but could potentially roll Youtube or Mixer into NeoGAF Streams further down the line.

Youtube Gaming would be great... Twitch first is cool and understandable to wait and see how it rolls out first though. YT Gaming pretty big for certain games... GTA V probably a bigger live stream game on YT than Twitch, and Fortnite must be up there, too. Main page of YTG is always dominated by FN streams o.0 Anyhow, Twitch first is still cool.

GrayFoxRJ

Banned

I only stream on YouTube. It would be awesome if you supported it as well.

Anyway, take your time

Roitorb

Really cool feature guys. I’m 37 and was all set against this streaming stuff but have been watching some while Ive been off work for the World Cup. I’ve really got in to it and I must admit that I admire the grind that people put in.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Palliasso Palliasso I've stickied this to get some exposure on it. Keeps dropping off and its an awesome piece of work!

Night.Ninja Night.Ninja yeah the number should update on streams when people are streaming.

We envisage a future where disputed will be settled between members by public duels in dark souls, rocket league or Bloodborne

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Another idea! how about weekly/monthly Gaf gamer days where we have certain games gaf can get together and play and possibly stream ?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I don't have Twitch, but this is a neat neat feature :) Looking forward to more integrations! (Discord? :p)

Michele

you.
I might create a Discord server, but I would then have to do the following:

1. Ask EviLore for permission
2. Once I get permission, create Discord server
3. When EviLore joins, transfer leader role (one who created server) to him and be a member. From here let him decide the path of that Discord server.

It's not that I don't like having that role, I just don't want to be an leader/mod. I just feel like I do not have the leadership ability, EviLore EviLore is better suited than me.

Either this, let another user do the same procedures, or have EviLore create the discord server himself.

I don't have Twitch, but this is a neat neat feature :) Looking forward to more integrations! (Discord? :p)

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I might create a Discord server, but I would then have to do the following:

1. Ask EviLore for permission
2. Once I get permission, create Discord server
3. When EviLore joins, transfer leader role (one who created server) to him and be a member. From here let him decide the path of that Discord server.

It's not that I don't like having that role, I just don't want to be an leader/mod. I just feel like I do not have the leadership ability, EviLore EviLore is better suited than me.

Either this, let another user do the same procedures, or have EviLore create the discord server himself.
I agree. Evilore might be more busy aswell, so perhaps one of the staff (if they want to) should allow for this. Else, ill be happy to step in (And as a result should report to Evilore when needed). That is, if anyone feels like i am suitable for that job XD.

jdforge

Banned
I watched someone play MP3C today. It was really cool.

However the videos aren’t displayed correctly in portrait mode on my iPhone. Slight niggle but an awesome feature.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I don’t really stream. If I get a new game sometimes I’ll share what I am playing on Twitch. Anyways, I tested this out for a little bit today and it works very nicely. It took a minute to set up and worked exactly as described. Good feature.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I agree. Evilore might be more busy aswell, so perhaps one of the staff (if they want to) should allow for this. Else, ill be happy to step in (And as a result should report to Evilore when needed). That is, if anyone feels like i am suitable for that job XD.

I've set up an official discord and admin/mod roles. I figure it can be community guided yeah. PMing ya.

Michele

you.
I've set up an official discord and admin/mod roles. I figure it can be community guided yeah. PMing ya.
Yay! Alright then when you're ready just make the discord link public. But if you want some privacy, maybe make it accessible only to registered users.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yay! Alright then when you're ready just make the discord link public. But if you want some privacy, maybe make it accessible only to registered users.

Yeah, we can take a look at the API and see if it can be linked like Twitch here. :goog_geek:

I like this idea, and I'm gonna link up right now.

I've been streaming PS2 this past week, got a decent image with some new component cables. Def Jam on deck.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
I've made a few small changes to our Twitch integration:
  • Users playing reruns on Twitch will no longer show as "Live"
  • The page has been better formatted for mobile devices
As always, please let me know if you run into any issues. We are still working on new features / integrations with streaming platforms, more details on that when they become available.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
As part of our larger overall goals for this feature, today we are excited to announce an update to NeoGAF Streams. You may have already noticed that the game names on the Streams page would link to individual forum OT topics - we have been working on linking up as many games on Twitch to their respective threads on GAF to help users that are interested in that game to be able to talk about it easily with the community. We are taking that a step further - users live streaming a game will now show that stream directly in the OT thread (under the original post) so that other users can see your live gameplay footage. This should be a huge help for users wanting to learn more about a particular game as they'll be able to see it in action as long as someone that has their GAF account linked to Twitch is streaming.

Mobile:
113C59B.png

Desktop:
yFu6ICF.png

(Examples taken from the Diablo III OT)

As always, let me know if you have any questions / comments / concerns / feedback about NeoGAF Streams.

Last edited:
Top Bottom