• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal judge blocks enforcing EO that threaten funding to sanctuary jurisdictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

C-TYAwGVYAAavxX.jpg

Loxley

Good grief, Trump is setting some kind of a record for number of EOs blocked by federal judges barely 100 days into his presidency. Who could have guessed that electing a bunch of morons with practically no political experience or knowledge of the Constitution would result in this shit?

Cuburt

I'm oddly feeling very patriotic to see judges still beliving in our country and our Constitution more than many politicans (if it doesn't suit their political adgenda) and our own president.

It's great to see my hope after the election that our judicial branch would be the ones who actually have the power to keep our heads above water and are doing their jobs and not being compromised by corruption and partisan politics.

Checks and balances!

Ishan

Fox has a article up on how the judge reportedly bundled 200k to Obama and something about him blocking videos or reports of selling baby organs at planned parenthood... The smear campaign is on...

digdug2k

This is such a weird dumb fight for the GOP. Like, who the fuck cares if San Francisco wants to let some illegal immigrants live there. They just made up this whole "omg, they're murdering people in the streets" based on one incident and ran with it like it was a fucking pot of gold. I don't get it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This is such a weird dumb fight for the GOP. Like, who the fuck cares if San Francisco wants to let some illegal immigrants live there. They just made up this whole "omg, they're murdering people in the streets" based on one incident and ran with it like it was a fucking pot of gold. I don't get it.
Sounds like the standard GOP MO for most everything.

RPGCrazied

Bradd Jaffy‏Verified account
@BraddJaffy

Trump ‘absolutely’ looking at breaking up 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (which blocked his ban), he tells @dcexaminer

Lmao, like he can do this. This man is so pitiful its almost comical.

Fox has a article up on how the judge reportedly bundled 200k to Obama and something about him blocking videos or reports of selling baby organs at planned parenthood... The smear campaign is on...

They'll write anything to make people look bad. And morons will eat it up all the same. We need to get rid of Fox news and all the other terrible site spreading lies like this.

So fucking petty

What would he have to do to try and make that happen?

He can't do this. You have to impeach judges which require congress.

Eh, he can't unilaterally remove judges, but he can sign a bill--which already exists--to split the court, or abolish it altogether, while reapportioning their case-load.

It's the Legislative branch's ultimate nuclear strike on the Judiciary.

And for anyone who doubts the lengths even "moderate" Goopers would go to crush the power of an independent court, consider that Jeff Flake introduced this bill, this session. The same Senator who is fighting to stay above 50% approvals in an ever more purple state.

Neutering courts that disagree with modern Conservative radicalism wrt Constitutional interpretations, is top of the wish-list for most of the party, and has been so for decades. Don't let Conservatives and their accomplices in Media bullshit you that there is a living specimen of 'moderate conservative' somewhere out there, because their base sure doesn't elect them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I love when Trump complains that judges aren't elected

that part is in the constitution you love so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom