• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal Judge in Hawaii puts revised federal travel ban on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I need Obama to post something about being proud of his (and my 💪) home state or something. Trump would shit his pants in rage.

Syncytia

Man, Sesame Street's got to be an endless source of L gifs. No wonder Republicans want to defund PBS.

Look at all these L's

sesame-street-letter-l-o.gif

Mmmm delicious L's

H6dlZp.gif

All aboard the L train!

2ALg3pB.gif

Amir0x

Banned
Haha, Giuliani's words also fucked him.

"The evidence in this record focuses on the president's statements about a 'muslim ban' and the link Giuliani established between those statements and the [Executive Order]."

Giuliani is so never getting a job in his administration lol

Gallbaro

Banned
But it' not a ban targeted at Muslims. If it was is surely would have included the country whose residents actually executed 9/11.

man I hope his term is full of dumbass "victories" like being able to get through a speech without adlibbing a zillion times and proving he paid his taxes one year out of 50 if it means that every time one happens he has a setback with his actual legislation

Haha, Giuliani's words also fucked him.

Giuliani is so never getting a job in his administration lol

This is what I thought when they were talking about a "revised" travel ban. The intent for discrimination is still there even if the bill is executed differently. It won't stand a chance.

Amir0x

Banned
A note of caution, court does say that their words will not forever taint their future executive orders in this area:

QwM9Bls.jpg

Specifically, they say it's possible they can take steps to neutralize the originating message by taking steps to remove the religious factors as a relevant deciding metric.

So there's still a chance!

I just going to assume we're far past this being worth the trouble.

And this is a case where, by most evidence, the only real gain it seems give is making Trump supporters happy.

We must have passed that point a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom