• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feels Good Man - documentary about Pepe the frog (2020)

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
feels-good-man-2020-1.jpg

this movie is excellent. here's a Link.

elektrokats

Banned
Even though it's kind of woke and timeline of events were slightly rearranged and cherry picked to fit the narrative, it was pretty funny seeing all the different pepe memes.

I liked it for the most part.

teezzy

Banned
Even though it's kind of woke and timeline of events were slightly rearranged and cherry picked to fit the narrative, it was pretty funny seeing all the different pepe memes.

The most interesting aspect is how it tackles the influence of someone's creation, and the ownership of said creation once its reached out in the wild. Kinda like how art and the way society interacts with it.

Very competently made overall. Didn't realize we had a thread here. Just watched tonight.

brap

Banned

Cool, now I know not to watch this. Seem enough pepe memes over the past fucking decade.

elektrokats

Banned
Cool, now I know not to watch this. Seem enough pepe memes over the past fucking decade.
They show a LOT of different pepe memes. Many of them are legitimately funny and just parody on things like movie posters.

The most interesting aspect is how it tackles the influence of someone's creation, and the ownership of said creation once its reached out in the wild. Kinda like how art and the way society interacts with it.

Very competently made overall. Didn't realize we had a thread here. Just watched tonight.
To be honest I really think they were overexggerating the idea of pepe being the hate symbol of the "alt right" A lot of that stuff was just media fluff snd the documentary was acting like it was biggest thing ever. The creator was making a way bigger deal out of it than it really was and going after Alex Jones for selling pepe merchandise wasn't going to fix anything either imo.

You can't appease the twitter mobs. He should've just been proud that it became what it did and moved on.

Last edited:
The movie seemed like whiny SJW's crying about what happened to their precious innocent little frog. The Pepe memes were hilarious so they should just get over it lol

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Feel bad for the guy. Seems like a good dude. But yeah the forces that Co opted this meme are just so powerful and completely unstoppable that it was pretty naive of him to think he could take it back. He should have just went with it, supplied the meme war and make billions of dollars and just donate it to charities of his choosing to empower what he thinks are good causes. Instead he got stuck right in the middle of both worlds, for the worst

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Thanks for the suggestion, been watching this as I do my post-work internetting. I had no idea Pepe started out so innocently (I never was a big 4chan browser - the first time I saw the character he was dressed up like a nazi or something like that).

eot

Banned
I don’t like how they uncritically state that Pepe is a hate symbol, when it’s just a template for expressing something. Pepe doesn’t symbolise hate by himself, that’s a ridiculous media narrative.

Top Bottom