• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[FFVII Remake] Part 3 tentatively titled 'Reborn', scenario complete. Game has entered pre production with half of the main development team assisting

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Final-Fantasy-7-Remake@2000x1270-1.jpg

Game has entered pre production with half of the main development team assisting. The rest of the team are still polishing Rebirth before it's release. Some of it's music has already been recorded and is currently awaiting mastering at a external studio in Japan - a big note to mention is 'One Winged Angel' has been recorded and listed multiple times, potentially this means there are different versions of the song that will be used in Reborn.

All game scenarios are complete. The game will obviously be building from the tech used in Remake and Reborn. No release date was stated, but a tentative schedule for Q4 2025 was mentioned. All information above has been taken from an anonymous English speaking Square Enix employee who has confirmed they currently work in the Narrative Design department.

Xbox Ff GIF by Square Enix

Last edited:

Skyfox

I never liked the title rebirth. Sounds too much like still-birth. Reborn also doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

FF7 my fave game of all time, and I'm a huge fan of FF7R.

If the wrong people are involved, it could be messy.

Building on the tech from the previous two games? sounds like they're still using UE4.

I know it may be disappointing to some but I'm kind of glad, the performance overhead for UE5 is too high right now and it's clear the engine still needs time in the oven. We saw this recently with Lords of the Fallen developer talking about their difficulties from transitioning from UE4 to UE5.

No wonder big studios are still sticking to UE4 as it's far more robust to work with as of now.

Go_Ly_Dow

I was thinking they'd go with Requiem. Reunion is used by the Crisis Core remaster so that's ruled out.

Anyway, late 2025-late 2026 sounds very realistic. Rebirth releasing 4 years after Remake and then this releasing about 3 years after Rebirth makes sense given they have so much groundwork done from the previous two titles.

Last edited:

DonF

No way, that too similar to rebirth. They already messed up with naming all something with R.

Roni

Gold Member
All information above has been taken from an anonymous English speaking Square Enix employee who has confirmed they currently work in the Narrative Design department.
Giving up the department the person works at is shitty... Narrows it down too much. Once you have confirmed your source's identity, keep that shit to yourself.

Last edited:
Building on the tech from the previous two games? sounds like they're still using UE4.

I know it may be disappointing to some but I'm kind of glad, the performance overhead for UE5 is too high right now and it's clear the engine still needs time in the oven. We saw this recently with Lords of the Fallen developer talking about their difficulties from transitioning from UE4 to UE5.

No wonder big studios are still sticking to UE4 as it's far more robust to work with as of now.
Yeah, let them be efficient with a well known engine. 4 years for a FF still feels like a dream to me right now

Duchess

Prediction: this final part will land around September 2027, exactly 30 years following the (US / UK) release of the original PlayStation game.

Rebirth, eh? I wonder if they are prepping us for a sequel.

Perhaps one where Tifa and Yuffie (and a new character) engage in a titillating battle system wherein they change dresses.

Last edited:

Skyfox

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part II
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part III

And check the staff for woke infiltrators.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

You dont need UE5 to make next gen looking games just like how Rocksteady and Netherrealm didnt need UE4 to make next gen looking Batman, Injustice and Mortal Kombat games.

They just need to stop their fascination with chasing native 4k and high res 60 fps modes. We were discussing the Infiltrator demo in the other thread, and that ran on a GPU barely 2x more powerful than the PS4 GPU. And it still looks better than any game on next gen consoles.

Fbh

Nomura should go full Nomura with the final game Title.

FF7 §½ Rice Cooker Display ver 3.554678 ⌂⌂⌂ Chicken Nugget Fantasia

Thank god it's UE4. Means it will probably look and run nice on ps5.
I don't want to play it in 720p 60fps and/or 900p/30fps like all UE5 games on console

Go_Ly_Dow

Prediction: this final part will land around September 2027, exactly 30 years following the (US / UK) release of the original PlayStation game.

2027 is a very safe bet I think.

My prediction for S-E's release schedule.

IX Remake and XVI DLC probably H2 2024.

KH4 and DQ12 in 2025.

There's also rumours of an Final Fantasy X Remake to be releasing in 2026, in time for the 25th anniversary.

Final FFVIIR-3..... late 2027.

Late 2028 next gen PS6 launch and we'll get an FFXVII reveal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom