• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV on XB1 getting 1 Stars reviews on JP Amazon

ethomaz

Banned
The explanation makes sense.

They mainly search for FFXV and buy it... who the hell will know there is a version that can't be played anywhere.

I expect even some guys trying to put the XB1 disc on PS4.

PS. I believe Amazon trades for the PS4 version.

vypek

I didn't expect that to be the reason but JP Amazon seems to be notorious for a barrage of bad reviews on a ton of things

Dunkley

I mean it kinda makes sense that they didn't realize which version they were buying since Xbox in Japan is virtually nonexistent, so it's understandable some people just bought FFXV without knowing it wasn't for the PS4.

With that said tho, embarassing that this thread already has someone bringing up the DF comparison countered by bullshit hyperbole that the Xbox One version has "the worst IQ since Skyrim on PS3". Really embarrassing for both camps, especially in a thread just about the fact that people accidentally bought the game for the wrong platform with nothing about the actual quality of the game or its' ports said.

There's only 20 reviews and they all seem to be for the deluxe edition which comes in the Amano steelbook. I'm guessing they couldn't tell without the big green line across the top of the case?

The picture of the disc shows the obvious Xbox branding though.

Fuchsdh

whats-an-xbox.gif

I really want to know what the original phrase that Engrish is supposed to be. "Expect the worst" or something like it?

ethomaz

Banned
There's only 20 reviews and they all seem to be for the deluxe edition which comes in the Amano steelbook. I'm guessing they couldn't tell without the big green line across the top of the case?

The picture of the disc shows the obvious Xbox branding though.
You are assuming they know what is Xbox in Japan lol

They know of course there is a game named Final Fantasy XV coming to PS4.

Nephtes

"I bought the FFXV with the green box because it was different and unique from all of my blue box games... How could I be expected to know that meant it was for a most dishonorable console."

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture ( I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it....

Amazon just shoot themselves in the foot? or square?

"I bought the FFXV with the green box because it was different and unique from all of my blue box games... How could I be expected to know that meant it was for a most dishonorable console."

hahaha, that one is epic

RootCause

So they're idiots then?
I feel like they're rating the service, but Amazon doesn't allow feedback for the items they sell. So they're taking it out on the review page. Which is wrong.

This has been a problem recently. Shipping the game for the wrong platform.

It happened with Dead Rising 2 on PS4. Just look at the reviews. Actually gave me the wrong version twice.
Gave up on buying it.

Is the concept of multiplatform games a new one in Japan?

Check the banner on the top of the case next time, ya dangus.

Amazon are the real dangus. 🤔

You must be a blast at parties.
But it's true. It rarely sells more than 400 units in a month.
Doesn't look like that except for some Xbox fans there.

I strong believe most Japaneses gamers didn't know about Xbox.
Idolmaster is an otaku-game though. So we're most games released on 360 last gen. That resulted in it becoming a pretty big console among otaku, but it never really broke into the mainstream market.

Somewhere in Japan there's an Xbox fan who's really bummed out by this.

Are you Japanese?

Because surely it would be a Playstation fan who is bummed out after they idiotically bought the wrong game for their console. Still, good attempt at throwing a bit of snark at Xbox just a shame you missed.....

J-Skee

How the hell do you accidentally buy the game for the wrong platform? I know 1-click can be a little dangerous, but I'd hope you know what you're buying.

Izuna

Banned
Are you Japanese?

Because surely it would be a Playstation fan who is bummed out after they idiotically bought the wrong game for their console. Still, good attempt at throwing a bit of snark at Xbox just a shame you missed.....

None of this post makes sense

Marmelade

The reviews are from the deluxe version of the game, where the only indication is the disc

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01DN9WMPU/

I don't see how you could miss that it's a Xbox One game

ファイナルファンタジー XV デラックスエディション 初回生産特典 武器・衣装・レガリアカラーリングアイテムコード同梱+ドラマCD付&【Amazon.co.jp限定】「ゲイボルグ/FINAL FANTASY XIVモデル」特典セット付 - Xbox One

It's written on the box and the disc

81-UjwnwhrL._SL1298_.jpg

(Picture from amazon.co.jp)

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Are you Japanese?

I thought it actually worked.

And are these people who bought the (marginally) lower XB1 version and didn't realize it was also coming out for XB1 or a bunch of folks having a bit of fun. Both are hilarious.

vypek

Are you Japanese?

Or Nueromancer was saying there is an Xbox user who is bummed that the Xbox version of the game was being rated unjustly because the customers made a mistake.

RootCause

How the hell do you accidentally buy the game for the wrong platform? I know 1-click can be a little dangerous, but I'd hope you know what you're buying.
I don't know if this is the case. But Amazon has screwed up a couple of times recently. So I wouldn't blame them without more details.

A lot of people(myself included) that bought Dead Rising 2 for ps4 got the Xbox one version.

They actually messed my order twice.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see how you could miss that it's a Xbox One game

ファイナルファンタジー XV デラックスエディション 初回生産特典 武器・衣装・レガリアカラーリングアイテムコード同梱+ドラマCD付&【Amazon.co.jp限定】「ゲイボルグ/FINAL FANTASY XIVモデル」特典セット付 - Xbox One

It's written on the box and the disc

81-UjwnwhrL._SL1298_.jpg

(Picture from amazon.co.jp)
Because the text is hardly readable on the box (even more so on mobile) and many Japanese tend to glaze over English words that they don't see often.

19/20 of the reviews are verified amazon purchases. It's the buyers' fault but it's obviously an honest mistake. Not sure what you're trying to argue here.

Or Nueromancer was saying there is an Xbox user who is bummed that the Xbox version of the game was being rated unjustly because the customers made a mistake.

It takes a special kind of gamer who gets bummed out over an Amazon review rating for a game.

And im sure his concern really was with the state of mind of a Japanese Xbox owner worrying about the Amazon review for FF and not just some snidey throwaway comment desinged to throw a bit of snark at Xbox, lol.

Top Bottom