• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 Reveal Trailer

Is this your new thing? Are you Statham's little brother or something?

Come on son, don't get your account banned dropping this nonsense in every thread.

there is not a single topic here on gaf with a multiplatform game reveal and no "will play on my ps4 or anything" comment

people here love to express what platform they play on

Hoo-doo

Banned
there is not a single topic here on gaf with a multiplatform game reveal and no "will play on my ps4 or anything" comment

people here love to express what platform they play on

His post history kinda speaks for itself, he doesn't need you to stand up for him.
Honestly, I doubt he'll last the week.

Rellik

Come on son, don't get your account banned dropping this nonsense in every thread.

This crap has been really bad on here lately.

Same ol shit every FIFA.

May buy it when its half the price not paying full price for every single installment every year

Fifa is nothing but an UT game now. Gameplay will still be scripted and the servers will always lose connection, They'll just slow the gameplay down to fifa 16 style and people will think it's more realistic than 17 was.

Rinse & repeat.

Good job there's an alternative football game then.

jts

...hate me...
What does the standard cover look like? Is it CR7?

yris7Nu.png

MrS

Banned
'Why aren't they called Legends anymore?' you ask

Because Legend FUT cards are synonymous with Xbox and Sony won't like that link. Pretty simple.

Given how well the FIFA 17 bundle did for the XB1 last year in the UK, a £199 PS4 FIFA 18 bundle would clean up in Sept/ Oct I imagine.
£199 is way too low. £249 is more realistic.

With fifa it was

Anyhow, smart of them to rebrand the Legends into Icons (if they will not have both). Though in the 4 years of them being available, I've owned exactly 0 of them -_-

Chuboi reckons its because MS had the rights to the name "Legends" hence the rebranding.

Yes, and that's why they've now got the deal. With Scorpio launching, Sony needed a significant 'Native 4K' title to lead their Christmas push.

It's cute you think Scorpio is even going to make a dent, hardware power doesn't mean much if you have barely any first, second or third party exclusives.

Uh...I'd hold off until tomorrow to say that.

Because if that Pokemon Direct announces Pokemon for Switch......

Sure in certain regions, and if stars does get released this year for switch and switch only, then NA will likely go to ninty. 3ds game will sell millions but won't move the needle switch hw wise.

However eu and U.K. Are football and racing mad. If gt sport does come out this year, combined with FIFA 18, Sony has already made a very very nice counter in the region. I even left out all of the other massive, stellar games Sony has the marketing rights for. They have a stacked,STACKED holiday season in response to the competition.

Not to mention the ME market as well, those guys love their football, and Sony is pretty much the dominant force there.

Gurish

So Sony took EVERYTHING ?

Sony
-COD
-Destiny
-Star Wars
-Fifa

Microsoft
-Shadow of Mordor

lol

Damn, if it was the PS2 era than most of those would be exclusives as well :p

That's what happens when you sale more than double than the competition.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It's cute you think Scorpio is even going to make a dent, hardware power doesn't mean much if you have barely any first, second or third party exclusives.

It's cute that some people can't see the trees for the forest. There's winning and then there's gooing in for the kill.

BigEmil

He been called out on this stuff with Switch alot now he switched to Scorpio, he really hate Sony it seems lol

Wonder if they actually fixed AI this year. And wondering if they did anything about Pro Clubs matchmaking, and make it more like Overwatch ranked --- wait what am I even saying... I don't know why I keep buying this every year.

Ardenyal

Phil meant it when he said they aren't focused on marketing deals. Putting the money into first party development. Excited to see fruits of that and excited to play FIFA on SCORPIO

Microsofts game division is strapped for cash and has to shuffle the money around to get games done. Just waiting for the axe to drop.

RocknRola

Holy crap, Sony actually got FIFA. Well damn. Not that Europe was ever in dispute, but this will surely help against the Switch hype as well (yes, yes, the Switch + PS4/XB1 are more companion consoles than anything else).

Pachimari

Fuck yes! I'm all in on the Icon Edition! That Cristiano and Ronaldo Nazario edition!

This is HUGE for me as a Real Madrid fan. And legends coming to PS4 is perfect! Here's hoping we'll be able to play The Journey in Real Madrid as well.

GOAT Ronaldo.
I don't even play fifa but I am tempted to get this one.

Don't expect to use Brazilian Ronaldo or many other of these players. They are exclusive to a mode called Ultimate Team which essentially requires you to spend at least hundreds of dollars to buy these players.

Pele has been in Fifa since 14 and yet I'd wager less than 1% of people who own Fifa have gotten to use him.

So does this mean PS and PC get legends/icons this year?

Don't expect to use Brazilian Ronaldo or many other of these players. They are exclusive to a mode called Ultimate Team which essentially requires you to spend at least hundreds of dollars to buy these players.

Pele has been in Fifa since 14 and yet I'd wager less than 1% of people who own Fifa have gotten to use him.

You could spend thousands of dollars worth in packs and still not get a great player. It's just glorified scam/betting at this point.

that's what FUT Draft is for

That's also RNG based so you'd have to spend money to enter the draft and you get to use the card for 1-4 games depending on if you can win the tournament or not and likely on a team with bad chemistry/weak links.

You could spend thousands of dollars worth in packs and still not get a great player. It's just glorified scam/betting at this point.

I have watched streamers open 10 thousand dollars worth of packs and get MAYBE 1 card of significant value.

Plasma

Banned
I wish they'd stop half arsing the legendary players and start putting in full classic teams into FIFA, I'd love to play as the Invincibles.

Do you think that they're pushing the "fueled by Ronaldo" thing because he's going to be the player in this year's story mode rather than then making somebody up like Alex Hunter?

Top Bottom