• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 20 Gameplay Trailer Shows Off Set-Piece Refresh and Composed Finishing

Mista

Banned

The full list of changes shown off in the trailer and planned for FIFA 20 includes:
  • Set-Piece Refresh – You’re now able to be more precise with all set-pieces, choosing where you aim and altering the spin on the ball more dramatically than before.
  • Strafe Dribbling – Allows you to be more agile in attack, luring the defender in to beat them with skill moves.
  • Controlled Tackling – Active Touch Tackling new defending animations make manual defending more rewarding.
  • Composed Finishing – Attackers are more clinical when shooting one-on-one. Volleys and long-shots aren’t as effective.
  • AI-Defending Overhaul – While tackling should be more effective in FIFA 20, AI players will help recover the ball due to “an overhauled positioning and tackling system.”
  • Natural Player Motion – Players should move and position themselves more realistically in all areas of the pitch.
  • Football-Informed Motion – Realistic ball movement with more authentic spins and bounces.
  • New Shot Trajectories – Curling shots. Dipping free kicks. Knuckleballs. First-time rising strikes are all made possible by the new Ball Motion System.
You can see more detail on all the new features on EA Sports’ website.

xviper

fifa-20-pointing-at-older-fifas-spiderman-meme.jpg

AnotherOne

All these so called "improvements" could be updated to last years installment. Fuck these yearly minor upgrades sports games.

Hellgardia

I guess i'll just wait for a demo but it doesn't look like i'll buy it this year as well.
Only have FIFA19 because i got it from free.
We really need another good football game.

Blancka

Just head over to that other fifa thread
My son spent £3,160 in one game' (A disturbing article by BBC)

The one where the parents gave a child unfettered access to their credit card?

Man Amazon is a fucking scam. Got my card stolen and they bought 10k worth of goods there...

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
it's the same shit every year. i'm not shitting on the game itself cause I'm gonna play it but it's how they market these gameplay changes. maybe this is what most people want to see. it just feels like every year they "rework" something and totally change it. it doesn't necessarily make it better but it's just marketing bullshit and making changes for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
COPY PASTE from 2019 + 1% improvement = 60€
FIFA 2019 = 40 or less NEW, preowned 15-20€ or something
FIFA 2018 = preowned max 10€
FIFA 2017 = preowned 2-3€
FIFA 2016 = got it or 0,5€ !!!!!!
you obv don't understand a fuck about fifa games and why people only want the newest

Top Bottom