• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa 22 and soccer videogames future

royox

Not really, all the armor NFL players wear give them a false sense of safety, meaning they hit way harder than they would without protection.
Unfortunately kinetic energy travels straight through all that padding, wrecking the brain to the point of causing Chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

So NFL players have a sense of safety..in other words...they are less brave because they do stuff thinking they are more protected while rugby players do everything knowing they are completely unprotected.

Understood ;)

they are less brave because they do stuff thinking they are more protected while rugby players do everything knowing they are completely unprotected.
Uhh no, because rubgy players aren't padded up, they don't hit nearly as hard because they know it's going to hurt them immediately; if they were "braver", they'd hit just as hard, but they don't, not even close.
Meanwhile even the NFL has admitted that CTE from head trauma is a problem, but the players still do it; they know they can get severe long term effects, but it hasn't stopped them from hitting as hard as they do.

jonnyp

Mourinho was the best chance they had a major title if they had stuck with him. Mourinho picked only three transfers. Reguilon, Hojbjerg and Rodon. Hojbjerg is one of the best players in the premier league this season for me , an absolute beast with very consistent performances and he always gives 110%. Reguilon has had a really great season as well, one of the best in the league in his position. Rodon was shaping up to be a solid center back from his recent performances. Aldewareld, Dier and Sanchez just aren't good enough and Aurier, though good is too just inconsistent and unpredictable. I just think if Jose had had the opportunity to bring in a few more players that he chose, the team would've been serious contenders. Mourinho has won titles everywhere (except Spurs), even Man United he managed to win the Europa League with a group much poorer than Ole has now. He won a historic treble with Inter Milan who hadn't been winning much before he got there and haven't won anything since he left. He won the Champions League with Porto who hasn't really won anything since. Who are they gonna get now? If Chelsea hadn't gotten Tuchel, he would've been a good fit maybe but now, the same English losers who always get sacked or some Italian long past his expiration date. In any case the revolving door of managers in never a good thing for a club, it tells the players that they're in charge, they will feel like they will have more longevity than the manager: "no need for me to listen to the manager, he'll be gone soon". For results and trophies in the long run consistency is key. From what I read Harry Kane backed Mourinho and was not particularly happy about the sacking, my guess is that his decision to leave is now made. I'd expect Son to also leave. These guys are world class and in their prime, they can't afford to be wasting time at a club with no project or ambition. Maybe before building that state of the art stadium they should've invested in some more good players.

Nah, Jose is shit. Nothing has improved under him, in fact, the players cannot even do the basics anymore aftee 18 months of defensive, cowardly tactics and gameplans.

Last edited:
gone christmas GIF

supernova8

Banned
This might IMO be a big chance for MS, who can easily outbid EA - Playstation is already all over the place with advertisements during UEFA games, so naturally the FIFA crowd always picks up PS consoles no matter what because of that, that's wht PS brand is so strong here, especially UK, so if MS want's to win over some of that EU crowd, that would be their best bet, football is FUCKING HUGE here in Europe, so if only the newly created series succeed, there will be a huge userbase served on a plate to whoever will own own the licence rights.

Well putting aside the fact the Super League is pretty much dead before it was alive at this point, I think I would pick EA over Microsoft for a football game. While they do tend to put out practically the same shit every year, they at least know how to make a sports game (ie a functioning one with good online, although I cannot stand ultimate team).

I'd like to see 2K games come out with "Football 2K" though and for the FIFA/football licenses to be multi-party rather than exclusive. I want to see what they could achieve graphically and in terms of animation fluidity. Obviously the NBA games are slightly smaller in scale (you don't have to render an entire stadium) but I would still expect them to do stuff EA would never dream of. Not to say that I want visual quality at the expense of everything else, but it's obvious that EA doesn't bother to innovate because it has practically 100% market share for football games.

Grechy34

FIFA 21 was when I jumped off. I started UT but always felt completely behind players who invested way more cash and way more time I didn’t have, it simply wasn’t fun. FIFA have denied it countless times but the scripting when you were in front felt very real and there were too many times I called bullshit. It wasn’t just a few people who complained about it either, It was a widespread complaint amongst the community.

Whilst there are aspects of FIFA I like including the presentation & some characteristics of the gameplay the game hasn’t progressed in years. IMO it is time for a complete revamp. The communities relationship with EA is as toxic as it’s ever become.

EA will just buy the rights again.

I'm not into football (let alone club football), but just know the basics of it.

So, if this breakaway set of teams are headed by the new body, like say "FISL", and EA ends up buying their license as well and not Konami:

1. Doesn't FIFA WANT this new Super League to go down and get Thanos'd? Letting them into the flagship football game franchise, that sells 20 million+ copies EVERY year, isn't the brightest idea.

2. If FIFA don't let them (the Super League and their teams) into the annual FIFA games, and EA plans to launch a separate IP named "FISL *insert year number here*", then wouldn't FIFA threaten to pull out from licensing their IP to EA, and go to Konami or even other 3rd parties? It's in their best interest to do so.

Nah, Jose is shit. Nothing has improved under him, in fact, the players cannot even do the basics anymore aftee 18 months of defensive, cowardly tactics and gameplans.
I'm inclined to agree with you. He doesn't last more than 3 seasons at any club he's been to.

Getting sacked from Tottenham job was more a case of 'when', not 'if' and it was kind of a bet between me and my mates to see how long he will last.

After he got sacked by Man United and took an extended break I was hoping he'd come back strong but after seeing the inconsistencies in Tottenham's performances it kinda showed me he's still the same Mourinho cause it's what happened at Man United (very inconsistent).

Its sad though cause he's won titles with other teams before and he was a beast when he was managing Porto and Inter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom