• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa 22 includes ML-Flow, machine learning that will rewrite animations in real time

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.fifaultimateteam.it/en/fifa-22-hypermotion-technology-all-official-details-revealed/

Thought this was pretty interesting and cool to split out on its own. Be interesting to see how far this goes and into what game types.

MACHINE LEARNING
A cutting-edge proprietary machine learning algorithm learns from over 8.7 million frames of advanced match capture, then writes new animations in real time to create organic football realism across a variety of interactions on the pitch.

ML – FLOW

Learning from more than 8.7 million frames from Advanced 11v11 Match Capture, the ML – Flow machine learning algorithm writes new animations in real-time, enabling players to better adjust their stride and running cadence on approach to the ball to control or strike it more smoothly.

Life

OH ok - this is more interesnting than all the fucking camera shaking. Had to stop the darn thing midway.

Hugare

Cool, lets see this in action

Seems like Konami is gonna launch the most terrible PES yet this year, which is sad, because EA needs competition.

Glad to see that they are trying to inovate this year (after years of the same shit)

kyliethicc

Source: https://www.fifaultimateteam.it/en/fifa-22-hypermotion-technology-all-official-details-revealed/

Thought this was pretty interesting and cool to split out on its own. Be interesting to see how far this goes and into what game types.

MACHINE LEARNING
A cutting-edge proprietary machine learning algorithm learns from over 8.7 million frames of advanced match capture, then writes new animations in real time to create organic football realism across a variety of interactions on the pitch.

ML – FLOW

Learning from more than 8.7 million frames from Advanced 11v11 Match Capture, the ML – Flow machine learning algorithm writes new animations in real-time, enabling players to better adjust their stride and running cadence on approach to the ball to control or strike it more smoothly.

"There must be a way to stop paying all these animators right?"

oHhWBbg.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
i am hoping this wont just be the same PR crap that doesnt have any impact on the actual feel of game

i must say i am abit more hyped knowing next gen version is separate from other versions
The next gen version of FIFA 21 was separate too though?

Sleepwalker

Was it? I don't play, but my brother in law absolutely loves it, he only plays the campaign/career mode though.

Yeah, I guess for career mode it would be ok, but the feel of the game totally changed and became really unresponsive/delayed, ball physics also started doing really weird stuff. You wouldn't really notice it unless you were a hardcore player but most of the community shifted back to the past gen version. Hopefully 22 will be better in that regard.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sad that PS5 cant support it because it doesnt have RDNA 2.0 ML support.

/s

Groundbreaking new HyperMotion gameplay technology elevates every match across every mode in FIFA 22 only on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia.

I remember the second PS5 wired article had an EA exec talk about machine learning on next gen hardware, and yet people still dismissed it based on some tweets. Well, I hope now we can put this RDNA 1.0 and RDNA 2.0 nonsense behind us.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
EA will implement actual AI for the first time ever
also fuck Ronaldo

Last edited:

McCheese

Inverse IK already does flexible animations and interpolation. Adding ML in there sounds neat, but I question how noticeable of a difference it would make with football.

MMA would absolutely benefit from this tech.

Last edited:

M16

/s

I remember the second PS5 wired article had an EA exec talk about machine learning on next gen hardware, and yet people still dismissed it based on some tweets. Well, I hope now we can put this RDNA 1.0 and RDNA 2.0 nonsense behind us.
You dont need special hardware for machine learning, it's just faster with specialized hardware. One console could still be using hardware accelerated ML. This says absolutely nothing about the consoles capabilities.

BeardGawd

Banned

/s

You can do Machine Learning on RDNA1. The point was Series X/S have customizations to speed up ML that no one has been able to confirm on PS5. Actually we had a Playstation principle engineer confirm that PS5 doesn’t have these customizations.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Little late for this? Machine Learning was a big buzz word back in 2019. It's like the power of The Cloud.

IpDAgCi.gif

Maybe next will be Nintendo, with Machine Learning AI in BotW 2.

FritzJ92

/s

ML on Xbox has dedicated hardware for it. Kind of his nvidia has its tensor cores. PS5 can definitely do ML using its hardware, but that doesn’t mean it has dedicated hardware for ML.

Top Bottom