• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Street Demo Thread - Futsalicious.

saelz8

Kikarian

"who else is just gonna randomly move the right stick and hope for the best?" - One of the comments. HaHa.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NBA Street was here first and generally reviewed better/consistently

still pissed about this. Nobody wants to play Elite/Live/whatever they call it now

NBA Street was here first and generally reviewed better/consistently

still pissed about this. Nobody wants to play Elite/Live/whatever they call it now

I really enjoyed NBA Street 3 and NBA Street Homecourt. The new NBA Jam is cool and all but I wish EA would go back to the Street style game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I miss the EA Sports BIG line

luffeN

When I played the game, it felt as if you were not really in control of what was going on. But I was playing FIFA 12 heavily at that time so maybe bias was involved.

jlevel13

It's out tomorrow, Feb 28th, on LIVE AND PSN! Thread will be updated accordingly.

Have they said what's included in the demo? Does the actual game have a 5v5 online mode (or is it 4v4 with computer controller keepers?) or only head2head? I would love a good Futsal game. Got my fingers crossed (surprised by so many negative comments above).

lush

So much negativity....

Got myself hyped up a week or so ago with the Game Modes and Venues videos. Looks pretty damn fun but I'm worried about difficulty. Stoked to try it though. Good day tomorrow with this and SSX.

saelz8

saelz8

In this video it's mentioned that you can also play a competition in World Tour and Shanghai Rooftops is playable after referring a friend to the demo.

Nice. Looks amazing.

You guys saying this game looks scripted obviously haven't been watching these videos. Remember, this is being made by the main FIFA team in the UK. (Same as FIFA 12).

Majukun

tried it,but i didn't liked as i though i would.
maybe the cpu locked at easy difficulty wasn't a great choice.

saelz8

Game is amazing, been playing it for about an hour now. There are so many tricks, so many ways to do things, so much variety and on top of it all you feel totally in control. It DOESN'T feel scripted.

They did it.

rvy

Banned
Some nice things, some... not so nice things. I like how they removed the need to hold LT for right stick tricks, much better. I hate how the player is always locked in the opposing team's direction. Lots of goofy and terrible animations all around.

Game seems fun though, even if it looks awful in motion, for the most part.

Wow, that Demo totally got me hooked. The gameplay is cool and fluent and the tricks are easy to execute and give the game a really cool atmosphere.

I would say with the amount of different modes it definitely justifies a full price title. But I would assume that this price will be sold for a little less from the start.

Let's wait for some reviews...

Messi

Wow, that Demo totally got me hooked. The gameplay is cool and fluent and the tricks are easy to execute and give the game a really cool atmosphere.

I would say with the amount of different modes it definitely justifies a full price title. But I would assume that this price will be sold for a little less from the start.

Let's wait for some reviews...

No way this is happening.

I think they chose bad teams for the demo also. But I really liked it.

saelz8

Enjoyed the demo, no way is this worth retail price though, should be either a budget title or DLC for Fifa 12.

Nonsense. Game is packed to the brim with content, and game modes. This cant't be DLC even if they wanted it to be. This isn't just some side game.

I won't argue with budget price, because I always want things cheaper :)

Randdalf

We still need an NHL Street game. I've been wanting this for years.

Would NHL Street be ice hockey or traditional hockey?

Field_hockey.jpg

As in, whacking people with wooden sticks and no armour.

Stat!

Loving the demo. I really love how its more subdued and realistic as oppose to double back flips and game breakers. Pulled off some great goals too.

Also, the computer got me good a couple times. It is funny/awesome when you look like a doofus when you get pulled in for a mood and faked every which way.

The controls are tight too which are nice and easy to learn.

Buzzati

Banned
Looks great.

Noob 'Fifa Street' question: I understand the games use a lot fewer players than the 11 ones - are you stuck with a few set characters or can you pick and choose the one you want in your set? (I'd like to use Cassano even though I'm sure he's not in the default AC Milan group with the line of Pato, Robinho, and Ibra in front)

lush

This game is fun as hell. Only got to play three matches before work but really enjoyed the few. Really nice when you pull something great off. Will take me a while to learn the tricks. Was kind of just throwing the right stick in different directions. Baiting with LT and juggle on RB was fun to play around with. Definitely be picking this one up. Seems like it'd be a blast on the couch with some friends.

Messi

Looks great.

Noob 'Fifa Street' question: I understand the games use a lot fewer players than the 11 ones - are you stuck with a few set characters or can you pick and choose the one you want in your set? (I'd like to use Cassano even though I'm sure he's not in the default AC Milan group with the line of Pato, Robinho, and Ibra in front)

You can sub in players before the game, fairly sure Cassano is in there.

jlevel13

Just tried out the demo a few times - overall, I enjoyed it.

I do agree that the movement is a bit weird, a bit stiff, since you're stuck on that forced plane - it makes things feel a little more robotic than they probably should, but I guess they had to go that way for balance.

If I could learn all the little tricks, it definitely seems like it would make for a satisfying game - almost more of a fighting game, with so many different moves to try to master.

If you can get on a good team, it seems like the 8 player online could be really fun.

deadnoob

Excited to check it out. I really liked Fifa Street 2 but never checked out 3.

Off topic: Am I the only one on the forum still playing FIFA12?

saelz8

The amount of tricks you can do is absurd.

There's a whole LB modifier set of RS gesture tricks, which is extra pages of strategy, I've now got most of those down, including LT fake shots, which have created some funny moments. The leveling, progression system, customizations, venues. This game is just fucking amazing.

I already put in 15 hours of the demo, mostly playing local multiplayer. It's a blast, and probably the best sports game in years.

If any of you guys want to add me, so we can unlock Shanghai, my XBL GT is saelz8

lush

ibdxweHkh5E3XF.gif

Loving this game. Really recommend trying out World Tour as it really gets you to learn how to play the game with just the basics. Wish you could put another player in the Practice Arena to actually practice on.

saelz8

NHL Street could be either Roller Hockey or just guys playing on a variety of lakes, frozen streets, etc.

Top Bottom