• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Who? Sensible soccer is back! :)

Thanati

This is my favorite football (soccer) game of all time and it's back with an awesome mod.

For those who haven't played it, Sensible Soccer is arcade football at its finest. It's fast, simple controls and just crazy fun.

Oh, the update is also available for the Amiga!

stranno

Yeah but Sensible Soccer or International Superstar Soccer? (Which soon turned into Pro Evo)
Not to mention Emlyn Hughes International Soccer. Probably the first great soccer game of all time.

dJiuhx9.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Kick Off 2 was always better I thought.

Sensible Software were way too pally with Amiga Power magazine back in the day and always got extremely high scores.

Thanati

Kick Off 2 was always better I thought.

Sensible Software were way too pally with Amiga Power magazine back in the day and always got extremely high scores.

Oh man, that's a really good call! I loved Kick Off 2 but there was just something in Sensi that edged it out. I think the style was just more vibrant. But yeah, Kick Off 2 is an absolute gem.

Last edited:

Cattlyst

Was never a fan of sensi. I remember being told it was the best soccer game ever, so I got it for my jaguar and was really dissappointed by it, especially having already played FIFA on the genesis. It's pretty cool they added commentary in this mod though.

RAIDEN1

The commentary in the new update seems a bit off though, when the commentator says the keeper punched it or palmed the ball away in actual fact the keeper has got the ball and hasn't made the save....(though yes as mods go this is a welcome update all the same...)

I liked playing the game back in the days, but I rarely scored a goal and lost matches most of the time. I think it is a very tough footie game. lol

I was infinitely better at International Superstar Soccer and Striker on the Super NES.

Top Bottom