• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA World Cup 2011 Final Japan vs USA |OT| - JAPAN WINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Meus Renaissance said:
Does this mean Japan now has official GAF support

Right because I am sure there are no Japanese people saying comparably stupid shit anywhere on the internet, that is a purely American phenomenon.

xbhaskarx said:
Right because I am sure there are no Japanese people saying comparably stupid shit anywhere on the internet, that is a purely American phenomenon.

Nah, it wasn't just on those quotes but rather at the amount of people here saying they'll root for Japan tomorrow in general. I was thinking more of the 'Plus' I gave the USA team in the OP that they'll have majority GAF support. I expect it the thread to be dominated by the American fans tomorrow though

Kurtofan

Meus Renaissance said:
Nah, it wasn't just on those quotes but rather at the amount of people here saying they'll root for Japan tomorrow in general. I was thinking more of the 'Plus' I gave the USA team in the OP that they'll have majority GAF support. I expect it the thread to be dominated by the American fans tomorrow though
That's why I will support Nihon :3

Noshino

Meus Renaissance said:
Does this mean Japan now has official GAF support

Hell yeah

gutter_trash said:
they are simple minded peasants who never traveled and are clueless about life outside their borders and oceans... jokes on them

Its insane how many people from the USA haven't even traveled out of their home state, shame really.

xbhaskarx said:

Didn't know that... Japan has my support then.

Meus Renaissance said:
It's a shame you didn't share this sentiment in the Pakistan thread last year when you were opposed to giving the country relief aid after the floods after a mob killing
remind me how awesome of a job Pakistan does with Aid money given by the US

ZoddGutts

Korey said:

VaESe.png

keit4

Banned
I will be rooting for Japan, i cannot support a national team of a country that calls this sport soccer :p

LQX

keit4 said:
I will be rooting for Japan, i cannot support a national team of a country that calls this sport soccer :p
I thought the Japanese also called it soccer?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
keit4 said:

Who cares what the sport is called? Blame the English for inventing the word.

keit4

Banned
The Japanese call it サッカー

ok, i forgot that the Japanese also call it soccer ;(

Anyways i'll be rooting for them, i think.

Is there where people cheer for their country because they're in the finals even though they can't name a single player on the team and don't care for soccer but if they win will use it as an excuse to puff out their chest and stroke their ego?

SuperSonic1305 said:
Is there where people cheer for their country because they're in the finals even though they can't name a single player on the team and don't care for soccer but if they win will use it as an excuse to puff out their chest as if it means anything?
Speak for yourself, man, many of us have been watching the tournament from day one. If you don't give a fuck about the Women's World Cup, may as well leave the thread.

WARCOCK

Banned
Gonna go with the underdogs here. Go Japan. Would be great to see another instance of technique and speed overcoming height/power. Like last men's world cup final. I think USA wins it 2-0 though. GL ladies.

dkeane

Will there be an online stream? Don't have cable, I really don't understand why this isn't on ABC. All they have on tomorrow is infomercials.

keit4

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
Fucking failing even at GAF... Pathetic.

Take it easy, people can get wrong, you know? It's not necessary act like that if a user does not support your national team.

Heretic

SuperSonic1305 said:
Is there where people cheer for their country because they're in the finals even though they can't name a single player on the team and don't care for soccer but if they win will use it as an excuse to puff out their chest and stroke their ego?
At this stage, I wouldn't mind that either. This beautiful sport needs to grow in the states and if that helps then bring it.

Heysoos

Harry_Tequila said:
I hope everyone has a nice time and is happy!

It's too late for that haha. Regardless of the outcome, I have a bad feeling this thread is going to take a horrible turn at the end, some people get really hostile when it deals with the US. Hope it doesn't though. That said, Go US!

HOPESOLOKISS.gif.pagespeed.ce.GYMc4l2n6f.gif

Codeblue

Wouldn't be upset if Japan won, but I have to root for the USA.

Should be a fun match.

That parade of bigots image is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen.

Korey

Heysoos said:
It's too late for that haha. Regardless of the outcome, I have a bad feeling this thread is going to take a horrible turn at the end, some people get really hostile when it deals with the US. Hope it doesn't though. That said, Go US!
I don't get why people hate the US..is it because we beat them at everything including sports we don't care about?

Subitai

elsk said:
Would be nice to put FIFA Women's World Cup for the title, you know.
This is the World Cup.

The other thing last year was the Men's World Cup.

Also I'm throwing my support to Lady Lion alumnist Ali Krieger. She's rebounded well from her nightmare game against Sweden.

Oozer3993

Subitai said:
This is the World Cup.

The other thing last year was the Men's World Cup.

Also I'm throwing my support to Lady Lion alumnist Ali Krieger. She's rebounded well from her nightmare game against Sweden.

Ali Krieger played just fine against Sweden. It was Amy Lepeilbit who had the awful game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom