• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

Kimosabae

Banned
That Smash t-shirt was without ceremony and mocking. Like the arrival of gunshots in a Wal-Mart and the departure of the African American's interests most affected by them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
By the way Infinite, which anime fighters you into right now? I already got GG under my belt, wanna get UnIEL once it comes out state side on PSN. I'm looking to get into a few once November rolls in and become full anime until Capcom comes out with another versus.
pls don't say love max

You should just get a game share of UNIEL for cheap and buy it when it comes out here to support it if you really end up liking it :p

Cause UNIEL isn't coming out here for a while :p

Kumubou

I think one of the reasons the whole otaku subculture seems resurgent is because, from what I can gather, pretty much everyone else in the country has been cutting back on spending over the last 20 years.

pls don't say love max
What's wrong with it? It's A Good Game(tm) (seriously!)
Although I can't blame anyone for hating the aesthetics.

Shouta

Fighting Game Weekly| Japan's birth rate issues are not because of Otaku.

Not this week. The thread title topic has already been decided.

But seriously, it has a lot more to do with the changes in Japanese society and the fact it's honestly hostile to child-raising.

Village

But seriously, it has a lot more to do with the changes in Japanese society and the fact it's honestly hostile to child-raising.

Hostile?

Sorry if am bothering you about this,but I am genuinely interested.

JDdelphin

Ok, it was more of a one-off joke anyhow. I hope it's a Hitokage tribute title next week. He seemed like good people.

But when you say "hostile to child-raising", is it a 'kids impede career goals' thing or something else?

Sayah

I haven't played Tekken 3 since like '99, we talking reversals/sabakis?

I played it like a casual player back then. Don't even legitimately know its mechanics. Actually, I only started taking Tekken more seriously with Tekken 6 and that's in large part due to online play.

Shouta

Hostile?

Sorry if am bothering you about this,but I am genuinely interested.

Ok, it was more of a one-off joke anyhow. I hope it's a Hitokage tribute title next week. He seemed like good people.

But when you say "hostile to child-raising", is it a 'kids impede career goals' thing or something else?

The work culture is too rigid and focused on being there regardless of actual work or not, leave for parents is still not up to par with other countries in the world, support for parents is rough like daycare being very expensive, the cost of living is high and women are often expected to become full time mothers making it hard to have more than one or two kids, especially in the city, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Then the social dynamics of the genders has changed and hasn't really caught up either. amongst a few other things.

Infinite

My wording could probably be better, all I was speaking of was the popularity of message boards. Not trying to sound haughty or arrogant but of course they use message boards, 2ch is hella popular down there with people who do use message boards.

By the way Infinite, which anime fighters you into right now? I already got GG under my belt, wanna get UnIEL once it comes out state side on PSN. I'm looking to get into a few once November rolls in and become full anime until Capcom comes out with another versus.
pls don't say love max

So you mean to tell me he's always negative?
I been playing uniel since release everyday lol

Umm I got arcana heart 3 but haven't put as much time into it.

Will play persona but because of my friends.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
tumblr_na2yw929oG1sibomdo7_250.gif

I don't know how I should feel about this.

imma ghost man

Yo village, you weren't lying about that ghost avatar.

What's wrong with it? It's A Good Game(tm) (seriously!)
Although I can't blame anyone for hating the aesthetics.

You got it with the last comment, there's only so much anime I can take until my body starts to show signs of anibetes.

I been playing uniel since release everyday lol

Umm I got arcana heart 3 but haven't put as much time into it.

Will play persona but because of my friends.

Might pick up Ultima since I'm a fan of Atlus' games.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
sabakis/reversals/"counters" are cool in moderation but I don't like the DoA approach. particularly the multiple stun state stuff.

actually I like soul calibur's GI system.

in VF you can buffer a throw escape into reversals which makes me rock hard. basically if you're at frame disadvantage and you don't wanna get thrown or hit with a mid you can get out of both by doing this.

coming from another thread talking about the idea of DC vs capcom left me wondering how many of you guys (mvc players) were really drawn in by/care about the marvel license? was that what got you to check out the game or was it that it was the next capcom game? had you had prior experience with VS games? did you play TvC? i just kinda figured that in the community of people who play the games seriously no one gave a shit about what characters from what comics were involved but im starting to think i was wrong. if they were to do a follow up with similar mechanics but no marvel license would that be a turn off?

The reason I got into Children of the Atom was about 1/3 X-Men, 2/3 really good gameplay and graphics. I've associated that style of game with Marvel ever since. Without Marvel characters it's missing something, and I've never really cared about TvC.

JDdelphin

The work culture is too rigid and focused on being there regardless of actual work or not, leave for parents is still not up to par with other countries in the world, support for parents is rough like daycare being very expensive, the cost of living is high and women are often expected to become full time mothers making it hard to have more than one or two kids, especially in the city, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Then the social dynamics of the genders has changed and hasn't really caught up either. amongst a few other things.

Huh... they should all watch 'Ikiru', cry their faces off and loosen up.

Not really. Culturally and individually they can do whatever they want, but still....

Gundam Extreme Full boost <3

But yeah it's much harder than Rise of Incarnates, and guarding with 2/8 is hard :x

Yeah, blocking is a pain - it's really slow in comparison to all the other animations in the game. Keep in mind that you can buffer 28 while you're recovering from a landing, hold 2, and start blocking when you can move again. It helps a little.

What I like about RoI is that blocking is way easier. I'd love to see how that plays out in an actual match, but I'd have to actually be able to run the game before that happens.

That is pretty neat. Most moves in the early arcade demos for SFIV had a bunch of moves that led into hard knockdown - maybe some of these moves were meant to compensate for that, since they're so easy to hit-confirm or juggle with? The other stuff seems interesting too.

Gundam Extreme Full boost <3

But yeah it's much harder than Rise of Incarnates, and guarding with 2/8 is hard :x

Its really not all that hard, it's just not supposed to be used like block in 2d fighting games. There is a generous input buffer for the motion so the guard will come out when it can as long as you get the motion half right.

In EXVS you are primarily supposed to avoid damage through movement and spacing. Guard/block is supposed to be used as a last resort when you have no other defensive options available or movement will not get you of line of fire. Primarily you would use guard when you are about to land but have projectiles tracking after you so you won't be able to dodge them. Or when someone throws out a wide area beam attack with good tracking and you won't be able to move out of the way while a block is more likely to prevent damage. It is also possible to put some in block stun and move behind them to effectively "crossup" and attack them in inescapable blockstun.

Blocking is key to high level play, but the key to blocking is having enough match experience to know when to block. There are many downsides to blocking and blocking some attacks is practically impossible as their hitbox will pass through the block and hit you anyway.

What I like about RoI is that blocking is way easier. I'd love to see how that plays out in an actual match, but I'd have to actually be able to run the game before that happens.
It needs to be easier because thats practically the only defensive option in RoI compared to relatively huge variety in EXVS.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Apparently my Waldstein gets powered up when I'm drunk. Went 3-0 against my roommate's Yuzuriha who usually locks me down.

When your drunk, you usually become a bit more lax so that probably transferred on to your play style. Maybe record your matches next time to see what you did differently, or maybe your roommate was drunk too haha

Kumubou

if you fuck a game share is there a way to contact jp support to deactivate and reactivate the ps3s?
You don't need to contact support -- there's an option on the SEN account management screen that lets you remotely deauthorize all devices. The one caveat to that is that it can only be used once every six months.

Sayad

Alright, I have question about poison i think we all wanna know.

Something that has been bothering us from the beginning something that has been plaguing our minds, something kept secret. Something that would shake the fighting Streets to its core, and it all starts and ends with poison.

Ok

Is poison naturally pink or does she dye that shit? In a world with peeps with hot red hair like viper, and white hair like Elena, is Poison born pink? Or she in Dying hard like ken does.

Dyed, her eyebrows aren't pink and her twin sister who look exactly like her doesn't have pink hair.

Edit: sorry for bump, was browsing the wrong thread. :(

Top Bottom