• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 27 - Feb 2 | The Power of Gamers

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Got 234 on my second go around, so I'm not that bad.

How do you convert that into seconds?

0.234 seconds

So in that sense if I got my math right, you could react to 14 frame moves on average.

Edit:
But one of the problems is how well animated attacks can be. Your ability to react to stuff could far surpass what the moves are but sometimes some stuff is so poorly animated it doesn't come across clear until you train for it.

I can block Kokonoe's instant overhead j.C now almost always. As there are factors at play of when it will come and those key pause and moments that are different than everything else I can spot now that I'm aware of them.

Kumubou

I really don't like this reaction test, since there's too little variation in the timing required. I could honestly kind of "feel" a rhythm to the timing of it, even while I was actively tryint to react to it. Furthermore, in most FGs you're not looking for a single more either (in most instances), and you are not reacting to a full-screen state change. It would be far more useful to have a test to see how fast you react to something in actual fighting games, like Magneto tri-jumping at you in the middle of a pressure sequence or random lows/throws in blockstrings in Tekken.

Never mind the additional latency involves from input devices and displays and bloated browsers and so on.

I really don't like this reaction test, since there's too little variation in the timing required. I could honestly kind of "feel" a rhythm to the timing of it, even while I was actively tryint to react to it. Furthermore, in most FGs you're not looking for a single more either (in most instances), and you are not reacting to a full-screen state change. It would be far more useful to have a test to see how fast you react to something in actual fighting games, like Magneto tri-jumping at you in the middle of a pressure sequence or random lows/throws in blockstrings in Tekken.

Never mind the additional latency involves from input devices and displays and bloated browsers and so on.

This is fun.
http://www.levelupyourgame.com/tekken-throw-break-trainer/#help

Kalamari

I averaged 322 my first time around. I guess this means I will never be good at fighting games.

Maybe I should just play card games instead.

245 average. I noticed that if I tense myself and move the mouse more violently with my entire hand (and not just click), that I achieve lower numbers.

I cannot imagine what kind of robot you would have to be to get something below a 200. non-cognative movement or something.

Frantic

I average around 280, but I know my monitor is not the best when it comes to input lag.

My reactions have never been the same since I dropped (instagib)UT99, like, eight years ago... getting older sucks, too.

Jazz-ism

Banned
millias overhead blocker but the site has been down since new years?

beaten and wrong :/

beats ur avatar makes me want an utena fighting gaem...

Well, according to Dustloop, Millia's standing overhead (the kick) is active on frame 18, but doesn't actually hit crouching Sol (due to hitbox) until frame 20. The fastest possible TK Bad Moon (the rolling thing) has 16 frame startup.
I have to keep practicing x_x
The standing overhead (Milia's 6k) hits on frame 20 and the aerial (TK Bad Moon) hits on frame 16 according to the dustloop thread.

Yeah for sure. Still fun to try though.
I'm not asking about the moves. I'm asking about what's good for the average human.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad that a good quality fan mod of a fighter is getting backing by its community.

Same

Pretty crazy how far it's come. From being an idea that almost everyone mocked and disregarded to earning a place as an event at an FGC major

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
isn't it also at UFGT?

majors then SORRY

The same girls that showed up to loktests and decided Sengoku Basara X's balance.

I don't think that's it. SBX was just faithful to the source material to a fault. lol

but yeah that shit is mad annoying. I mean she knows people are watching this right?

I usually like seeing people visibly excited and enthusiastic, especially about games I like but.....not like this....

The same girls that showed up to loktests and decided Sengoku Basara X's balance.

No. That game was a different beast in Loketests and the 1st month of release before the magic of infinites started to show up and even then it took the PS2 version to get it to where that game is at a high level.

And those characters in question aren't even Top 5 when the game is played with infinites banned.

Didn't help that SBX is the spiritual sequel to HnK.

Top Bottom