• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 6-12 | Nothing Happened HD Remix

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's never going to be limited, black version never sold out and is in stock in many places still. A barely advertised premium last generation product being sold to a broke community means you have plenty of time to buy it later before it is gone forever.

Well, if you are going to complain about someone not linking your article, it makes sense to link it. If there was more than just the gif, I would have liked to see it.

Apologies. I'm still not too sure about the self-promotion rules so I didn't want to do anything wrong by the board.

It's never going to be limited, black version never sold out and is in stock in many places still. A barely advertised premium last generation product being sold to a broke community means you have plenty of time to buy it later before it is gone forever.

True, that'll be nice at least. Need to actually start saving up money for important things, and I'll get hell from my dad if I end up buying a 200$ fightstick out of the blue, even if it is awesome.

But someday I'll get it.

Coda

I can wholly recommend buying a Fighting Edge stick, had a black one for a while but sold it to someone on eBay but kept the Hayabusa joystick and put it in my Mad Catz Femme Fatale SFIV TE. The Hayabusa is at least twice as good as a Sanwa JLF. Inputs read a lot smoother from what I can tell.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The White Fighting Edge is hot. I had to order 2.

Also, they are limited! Contrary to what you may think. The first one is still in stock mostly because it just never sold well.

LordJim

You ever see one of those Starcraft invitationals where it's half Korean and half non Korean players, and the entire first round is basically a formality where they eliminate all the non Korean players? Capcom Cup SFxT was basically that

While calling him an online player is not exactly right, Tampa Bison did make it to Grand Finals.
But the event was still a formality for infiltration

Shito

Can't believe that I got a nice tip from a stream chat:

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Sarai

The 5th character might be Sarai. She's in the Street Fighter x Tekken Mishima Estate stage. It would be really easy to recycle that model and use Ibuki's attack animations.
Ah, so that's where the crazy Sarai rumor is from!
I was wondering why she kept popping up each time the 5th character was talked about!

Still, she doesn't fit the silhouette we got...

casperOne

Leeching without a link is kinda fucked up is all.

Apologies. I'm still not too sure about the self-promotion rules so I didn't want to do anything wrong by the board.

Well you're a member, so even if you're banned, it's not a permanent ban, you'll be back =P

In regards to self-promotion, I think it's safe to say don't be Clinton Bowman.

Preventing hotlinking is possible with a combination of WP plugins and htaccess mods. There's going to be a resource cost but that's something that has to be measured on an individual basis depending on the solution. It could be negligible or too much, depending on a multitude of factors.

And, it's not a dick thing to do (preventing hotlinking), although very few people do it because the time cost is too much compared to what is a minimal use of the total bandwidth used.

I imagine the bandwidth sucked from hotlinking from SRK is absolutely minimal compared to the actual content delivery, but I get that it's more a principal thing.

That's possibly the sexiest thing I've seen in the FGW threads in a long time. I can imagine some really nice minimal touches in terms of stick art (being some variation of the OFL brand) that would look sick with that.

Keits

Developer
A hundred years from now DiveKick will emerge from the rubble and take its place as the antithesis of what makes a fighting game; Silly Characters, spacing, punishment, mindgames, character knowledge & movesets and reactions.

The only thing missing is swag or combos.

I think you misused antithesis but I enjoyed your post anyway.

Anyone have a link to the Rocket Raccoon player from last night?

I think you misused antithesis but I enjoyed your post anyway.

Anyone have a link to the Rocket Raccoon player from last night?

My pitch for your game sold a couple of copies around the office (I didn't know it was on steam sale, which helped too). I really do think a two button fighting game puts it into near tetris level accessibility but its the artwork that left a lot of other people turned away (including me initially). When people started learning that moves are not just for movement (diving)or attacking (kicking) but feinting and baiting, it became a lot more enjoyable.

I look forward to your studio's next project, whatever it may be.

Keits

Developer
My pitch for your game sold a couple of copies around the office (I didn't know it was on steam sale, which helped too). I really do think a two button fighting game puts it into near tetris level accessibility but its the artwork that left a lot of other people turned away (including me initially). When people started learning that moves are not just for movement (diving)or attacking (kicking) but feinting and baiting, it became a lot more enjoyable.

I look forward to your studio's next project, whatever it may be.

Thank you sir. For what it is worth, the art looks low budget because it was low budget. I would definitely have liked it to look more expensive and high quality, but I'd rather have what we have now than the atari-or-nes-style pixel art a ton of indies go with these days. It may not be the best animation in the world, but its clean and you can tell what is happening 100% of the time.

Hopefully word of mouth and a possible patch(!) will help get the game into people's hands in 2014.

gutabo

I dont know how to timestamp it, but check around 1:20:20 in this archive: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/494046499

I can't find the FT10 that he had against CJ, but I'm guessing it didn't get archived for whatever reason.

Meh, I'm dumb. There are actually 3 archives from yesterday. I completely forgot that his ft10 against CJ was before the tournament(and most of the other ft10). Doesn't help that they were streaming for almost 20 hours or something.

Here's the Punisher(Hawkeye/Iron Fist/Rocket Racoon) vs CJ ft10(skip to 2:51:52): http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/493992189

casperOne

I dont know how to timestamp it, but check around 1:20:20 in this archive: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/494046499

Fixed that for you: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/494046499?t=1h20m20s

EDIT: CJ vs Punisher FT10 is here at the 2 hour 52 minute mark: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/493992189

Here's the Punisher(Hawkeye/Iron Fist/Rocket Racoon) vs CJ ft10(skip to 2:51:52): http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/493992189

And for you as well: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/494046499?t=2h51m52s

I had no idea Spitfire was that good. The projectiles are so slow, they allow hawkeye to have really nice chip block strings and allow him to do a safe midscreen high/low mixup and cover IronFist to go stupid. Also, never seen RR mines & traps (like all of them) used so much.

edit, that XF3 Super Mine unblockable.

I had no idea Spitfire was that good. The projectiles are so slow, they allow hawkeye to have really nice chip block strings and allow him to do a safe midscreen high/low mixup and cover IronFist to go stupid. Also, never seen RR mines & traps (like all of them) used so much.

edit, that XF3 Super Mine unblockable.

The grab between Spitfire blocking was so hilarious.

Keits

Developer
I've been telling people how good Spitfire Twice assist is since the first week this game was out.

Then Kusoru won Final Round with Log Trap (a great assist but only for a handful of characters) and it was right back to "Keits doesn't know shit".

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
image leeching is kind of whack though
I try to rehost whenever possible from smaller sites, but if it's Kotaku/Polygon/etc. I get lazy. I agree it's wack though.

Not the biggest Marvel fan but I have to say of New York local tournaments. Nothing is touching how good the stuff Bum is putting on at the moment. So much hidden talent, and they can only level up more.
Agreed. Bum's streams back in the day put me on to a ton of players that started regularly making their way out to NLBC, and it's great seeing more people comfortable coming out to OverDrive etc. What Bum does is great because it's unique, it's not just NLBC or a non-streamed session.

I don't believe self-promotion is a problem unless you do it constantly and use this as your ad board. Posting something a GAF member did is usually appreciated.
I don't think that anyone who promotes here should feel they have to post something for our community for it to feel acceptable to promote here. It's a thin line though, but promoting stuff for people to consume is sort of the point of these threads so it makes sense.

At the very least, if you do get something from GAF, then source GAF damnit /Eventhubs

In regards to self-promotion, I think it's safe to say don't be Clinton Bowman.
Yeah, just like I don't like drive by posts from people, I really don't like Clinton Bowman's approach. Copy pasting some shit to whatever outlets you can to scrounge up views, and especially phrasing it the way he does doesn't make anybody want to click. That's also why I've hesitated multiple times from putting it in OP and even tried to at least encourage people to get involved in this community rather than just coming off like they're using it.

It's a bit harder because of GAF's registration system (which sorta seems more lax nowadays), but I would hate for FGW to just become a den of those types of posts. I've seen way too many forums turn into that.

Can't believe that I got a nice tip from a stream chat:

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Sarai

The 5th character might be Sarai. She's in the Street Fighter x Tekken Mishima Estate stage. It would be really easy to recycle that model and use Ibuki's attack animations.
This was discussed on GAF before, but I still think it would suck. WTF at those goggles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I caught the tail end of that FT10 last night but holy shit at the first game alone.

CJ has absolutely no familiarity with Iron Fist ahahaha

EDIT: OH GOD THIS RACCOON IS RIDICULOUS

Meh, I'm dumb. There are actually 3 archives from yesterday. I completely forgot that his ft10 against CJ was before the tournament(and most of the other ft10). Doesn't help that they were streaming for almost 20 hours or something.

Daaamn, that made me want to try out a Hawkeye/____/Raccoon team. Wonder what a good second character for that besides Iron Fist would be.

I have never seen a racoon like this. I want another camera angle of Punisher putting in the input.

also, looks like IronFist assist is a lot like log trap.

Clawww

finally got around to watching the smash docu

-I wanna fuckin play some smash right now goddamn
-Shiz combos omg
-Mango is so fuckin good
-EVO is GOAT

I caught the tail end of that FT10 last night but holy shit at the first game alone.

CJ has absolutely no familiarity with Iron Fist ahahaha

EDIT: OH GOD THIS RACCOON IS RIDICULOUS

i saw it with headphones on and couldnt contain the hype almost.

Man marvel is so good to watch when variety is present!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Keits

Developer
Speaking as someone who has been playing Raccoon teams exclusively since launch, I can safely say that if you are playing Rocket without Cold Star assist, you are fucking up.

smurfx

get some go again
Daaamn, that made me want to try out a Hawkeye/____/Raccoon team. Wonder what a good second character for that besides Iron Fist would be.
haggar would be good. haggar can go for a reset after you THC with rocket since you recover before rocket's hyper ends.

Dahbomb

This is my first time watching this Punisher player.

His Hawkeye is really bad execution wise... so many drops. But he makes it up with his Rocket Raccoon play.. the heart of the team. You gotta snap that 'Coon in.

This Raccoon play reminded me of someone claiming a long ass time ago that Rocket Raccoon is a mythical counter to Vergil. I always knew where that guy was coming from but this is the first time seeing it in action. I still don't think it's a hard counter but RR has some great tools against Vergil's skill set.

Top Bottom