• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jul 6-12 | Freuds Among Us

Zissou

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";171722735]Stream Monster Yearly: Evolution 2015

flipping it around on y'all, but straight to the point.[/QUOTE]

I vote for this.

Can anyone comment on MVC4? Is everyone overreacting for that post or did I missed something?

You got a good point. I lost my family members to the cancer but I don't know why I didn't think of it being applied to Iwata.
Iwata was the 55 year old CEO of a multi billion dollar company. Sometimes it's easy to forget that even the most powerful and rich among us are still made of flesh and bone.

Kumubou

But French Bread was on the EVO main stage in EVO2010, it could happen again in a tournament that's only become more grassroots over the last five years.

It even gave us rare footage of Spooky competing at EVO rather than streaming it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkrdzcQfcA
What you are talking about? It's way less grassroots now than it was in 2010 -- it's also a lot bigger. Even then, it was only there due to a freak set of circumstances and timing -- it was a year where beyond SSF4 and Tekken 6, it really wasn't clear what should be run at all.

I'm still tight at the fact that UNIEL wasn't selected. :<

But French Bread was on the EVO main stage in EVO2010, it could happen again in a tournament that's only become more grassroots over the last five years.

It even gave us rare footage of Spooky competing at EVO rather than streaming it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkrdzcQfcA

2010 Marvel 2 and SFII (HDR) were still part of the lineup.

I mean, hypothetically if Evo did another donation drive, do you think UNIEL could donate more than Skullgirls and Super Turbo?

I don't see it happening, honestly. French Bread is too poor to front the marketing money needed to sponsor a big event, and I seriously doubt ArcSys is going to give it a big push as they're too busy trying to not cannibalize their own games. That and there's no practical way to get an update out. They could what, push an update out on console and make Phonon DLC? There's no way this is worth it, they would probably sell about 1,000-2,000 units of the DLC, if that. They could put out a whole new disc release, but it would sell like crap. They could do something bizarre like roll out a release on a new platform for it, like on the PS4, Vita and PC. That's probably the one thing that makes sense, but French Bread and ArcSys would have to buy into it, and I don't see that being likely.
Too bad because fighting games and the PC go well together if a decent product is put out and supported well enough. The tails are particularly long compared to those of console ports too.

Dlent

What you are talking about? It's way less grassroots now than it was in 2010 -- it's also a lot bigger. Even then, it was only there due to a freak set of circumstances and timing -- it was a year where beyond SSF4 and Tekken 6, it really wasn't clear what should be run at all.

I'm still tight at the fact that UNIEL wasn't selected. :<

I don't use emoji, so every single one of my posts has the potential to be ambiguously sarcastic. I'm tempted to say that poll would have never happened had the results been known beforehand.

Kumubou

Too bad because fighting games and the PC go well together if a decent product is put out and supported well enough. The tails are particularly long compared to those of console ports too.
Yeah, but you try convincing a Japanese publisher to actually get behind a PC release, especially in a genre with no history behind it. I guess the only kind thing I can say about that is that it's a lot easier now than it was 5-10 years ago, but it still feels like having to pull teeth.

It's actually kind of funny, since French Bread actually has a really long history of PC releases from back when they were a doujin circle.

I don't use emoji, so every single one of my posts has the potential to be ambiguously sarcastic. I'm tempted to say that poll would have never happened had the results been known beforehand.
I actually asked Tom Cannon about this one time, and he told me that they honestly thought that MBAA was going to win from the moment they thought of doing the player's choice poll and they were surprised it was as close as it was (even with GGAC not being an option at all, for some reason).

I'm still not sure if I believe him. :x

Spuck-uk

Banned
Awesome thanks. I bought it anyway. Mkx rekindled my love for fighters and due to lack of time and intetest in most games now im prob gonns just focus on my gav genra from my youth. Just gonna play mkx and sfiv if i wanna play something.

Well if you want some games sometime, gimme a shout, I'm up for either game. (I'm another oldschool fighting game player)

Top Bottom