• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

onionfrog

In honor of E3 I got a triple question for everyone this week to bust out their lists for.

ZHbgGdV.jpg

...because this is a week where things can happen.
1. New SFV characters revealed.
2. KI season 3... And maybe a PC release if we're lucky.
3. A new versus game of some sort.
lol yeah right
;_;

The problem is that the game presents you with 200 moves per character and leaves you to figure out which are remotely useful. 3d games would be much easier if they actually had move lists separated into "Core" and "Extras" - you can always update the classifications while patching if competitive play turns up something interesting. A small core moveset would get beginners more focused on that than sifting through 200 moves.

SC5 does that! Not.. super well or anything, the moves they list aren't entirely the same you'll find in a "Mitsurugi's top ten moves" kinda thread. But the idea is there.

It's not even limited to 3D fighters either. I wish -every- fighting game just told you what all the moves are for. Some designer sat there thinking, "Oh wait, i gotta make sure Juri has a semi-decent anti air normal too. Oh, and an invincible move. Hm, would beginning players want to know about these properties? Naaaahhh. Let's not mention any of this anywhere. "

KakesuSora

In honor of E3 I got a triple question for everyone this week to bust out their lists for.

ZHbgGdV.jpg

1. New SFV character(s)
2. KI on PC, new SFV character playable in the E3 build
3. A new marvel fighting game

PsionBolt

Interesting. I can confirm that this works, and it seems to be unrelated to percent - I can get 10 loops at 0. I'm not positive the AI is getting up as fast as possible, though.
Also works on Charizard, but not on Bowser. I only tried a couple normal-sized characters (Shiek, Gannondorf), but it didn't work on them, and I don't think it'll work on any of the other medium or small characters.

Realistically, I can't imagine this having much impact on Ryu's competitive viability. Even if DK were top tier, the setup is really hard to hit in an actual match - the focus attack needs to be fully charged, Ryu needs to be facing away from DK while DK faces him, and they need to be extremely close, like, touching. It might happen once in a blue moon, if that.

Onemic

ZHbgGdV.jpg

1. Tekken 7, Birdie/Cammy for SFV
2. Pokken, Soul Calibur 6
3. Capcom vs SNK 2: Online Edition, Darkstalkers 4, SNK fighting game

Numb

ZHbgGdV.jpg

1. SFV character.
2.Tekken 7 news and/or release maybe
3.Tekken X Street Fighter news. (Im crazy like that)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
SC5 does that! Not.. super well or anything, the moves they list aren't entirely the same you'll find in a "Mitsurugi's top ten moves" kinda thread. But the idea is there.

It's not even limited to 3D fighters either. I wish -every- fighting game just told you what all the moves are for. Some designer sat there thinking, "Oh wait, i gotta make sure Juri has a semi-decent anti air normal too. Oh, and an invincible move. Hm, would beginning players want to know about these properties? Naaaahhh. Let's not mention any of this anywhere. "
VF4EVO did this

if FF7 and TLG show up...NeoGAF is done

Just wanna say it was a honor posting with ya'll, even my negus 16-bit even though he blocked me on twitter

Thulius

That's very soon. They might go the way of Tekken 7 and drip feed characters slowly tho.

That has to be the plan. Only 6 characters officially announced right now and a 7th that hasn't been mentioned since the original teaser. Considering the enormous pool they have to choose from they must be holding back a decent amount of stuff if it's coming out next month.

Numb

It's Harada's Chinese Democracy, no doubt!

But...he did said a few months ago there were like 40 people working on the game...

Game got announced and more than half a dozen other games were made and released and more to come before we even saw anything else from TXSF.He seems super busy but putting 40 people there gave me hope again. Little hope.

It's good for Harada to wait on TxSF. Needs as much distance from SFxT as possible. I wouldn't even show it until SFV comes out, just to make sure people have a clean palette.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If Soul Calibur VI shows up I'd expect it at Microsoft's conference.

IDK what else that X1/PS4 fighting/wrestling title listed for the show floor could possibly be. WrassleGAF could that be some WWE stuff?

Dahbomb

if FF7 and TLG show up...NeoGAF is done

Just wanna say it was a honor posting with ya'll, even my negus 16-bit even though he blocked me on twitter
Bbbbut DMC5 though....

It will definitely be a cold day in hell if those two get announced before DMC5 does.

Top Bottom