• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 30 - July 6 | Judge, Juri & EGsecutioner

Dahbomb

That's another reason why the Dante TAC infinite is not as useful as the Doom one. It takes longer to kill, is harder to do and builds the opponent more meter.

Although ideally you TAC infinite with Dante when you need the meter to kill and the character is within Dante's LVL3 to kill. So the purpose of a Dante TAC infinite should just be to build enough meter to dump the meter into quicker damage.

Anne

So, all of the KiT 2015 announcements are done so here's the final game list:

1. Mario Kart 8 - $500 Guaranteed
2. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - $500 Guaranteed
3. Mortal Kombat - $500 Guaranteed
4. Blazblue Chrono Phantasma - $500 Guaranteed
5. Super Smash Bros Melee - $500 Guaranteed
6. Soul Calibur V - $500 Guaranteed
7. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - $500 Guaranteed
8. Killer Instinct - $750 Guaranteed
9. Super Smash Bros for Wii U - $1000 Guaranteed
10. Guilty Gear Xrd - $1000 Guaranteed
11. Injustice: Gods Among Us - $2000 Guaranteed
12. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $2000 Guaranteed
13. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $2000 Guaranteed
14. Ultra Street Fighter IV - $2000 Guaranteed

Frantic

That's another reason why the Dante TAC infinite is not as useful as the Doom one. It takes longer to kill, is harder to do and builds the opponent more meter.

Although ideally you TAC infinite with Dante when you need the meter to kill and the character is within Dante's LVL3 to kill. So the purpose of a Dante TAC infinite should just be to build enough meter to dump the meter into quicker damage.
Ideally, you want to TAC infinite on a low damage confirm(like, say, a throw combo) or against a character with 950k+ health so you can keep it going until time runs out. It's basically the same as Spencer's infinite, in that it's all about timer scamming the opponent, but Dante's infinite is way, waaay easier than Spencer's. The only 'hard' part is charging Air Play for a couple frames before firing it, and that's not especially hard to time. It's very much an auto-pilot infinite.

Just gotta make sure not to reverse timer scam yourself like sumbrwnkid did(admittedly, it was only once out of three successfully killing infinites that I saw. The infinites were also all against 850k Trish on a clean hit, which is why they killed).

cacpcom

casperOne

Lol I won't have to worry about that. I'm probably older than most of the fgc and I keep myself well groomed.

Hmm....

So, all of the KiT 2015 announcements are done so here's the final game list:

1. Mario Kart 8 - $500 Guaranteed
2. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - $500 Guaranteed
3. Mortal Kombat - $500 Guaranteed
4. Blazblue Chrono Phantasma - $500 Guaranteed
5. Super Smash Bros Melee - $500 Guaranteed
6. Soul Calibur V - $500 Guaranteed
7. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - $500 Guaranteed
8. Killer Instinct - $750 Guaranteed
9. Super Smash Bros for Wii U - $1000 Guaranteed
10. Guilty Gear Xrd - $1000 Guaranteed
11. Injustice: Gods Among Us - $2000 Guaranteed
12. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $2000 Guaranteed
13. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $2000 Guaranteed
14. Ultra Street Fighter IV - $2000 Guaranteed

That's an impressive list. Congratulations.

JeTmAn81

Something I have learned from browsing EVO pools. Rusty Shackleford's real name? Bruce Campbell. Oh yeah...

sticker,375x360.u2.png

Myn

What if Guilty Gear Xrd and Super Smash Bros for Wii U don't make it this year.

I'd personally be a little sad, but if it's to ensure quality control, I'm all for it. Don't want another botched released like SFxT, full of gameplay bugs and horrible online amongst everything else wrong with that game when it first came out.

Anne

What if Guilty Gear Xrd and Super Smash Bros for Wii U don't make it this year.

Smash will go to Project Melee and Xrd will go to GGXXAC+R. If the games exist in a playable form that won't cost us a bajillion dollars they will be there. Trying to give new games an early opportunity.

That's an impressive list. Congratulations.

We wanna go big. The growth last year alone was pretty nice. P.S. I owe you the MWC results.

You know, more often than not (not gonna call out specific examples), the artwork isn't our call. These are collaborations and licensed products and at times, we have no say in the art direction.

le sigh. ;)

Speaking of sticks, MarkMan.

Yep. Did the test run of all the equipment this afternoon. Pad only, unfortunately, but we have two GG stations set up. Swing by if your of a mind.

You have one job, which is to save the GG stations from the terror that is pad-only play.

MrDaravon

How much do we know about the Curleh player list in terms of people who are confirmed going or confirmed not going?

Curious about this as well, I feel like this one is out of nowhere and there's been zero hype for it, didn't even know it was happening until Yipes mentioned it while he was on CEO commentary.

Also completely missed NBLC/WNF last night, worth going back and watching?

Horseress

Curious about this as well, I feel like this one is out of nowhere and there's been zero hype for it, didn't even know it was happening until Yipes mentioned it while he was on CEO commentary.

yeah, really weird, I have no clue who's going to play there, the least hyped Curleh so far

Also completely missed NBLC/WNF last night, worth going back and watching?

top 3 was cool, there was an impressive fuerte player

btw they should put Manny Fuerte on the NLBC team, I don't think there's any good fuerte on the east coast, they don't have the matchup experience

El Sloth

Banned

Dahbomb

Just heard that Viscant made a cosplay girl cry because he thought her prosthetic wings were wrapped with a garbage bag.

Laughing my fucking ass off!!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Exciting. I was a bit bummed there wasn't a special announcements slot on Sunday but I hope we get a bunch of stuff.

Wouldn't it be amazing if we got all of the following announced?:
TxSF
CapcomGame
Smash 4 Character
KOFXIV
Guilty Gear Xrd Character

It could be a pretty spectacular event, rivaling Evo.
I fully expect a KI S2 character reveal or two at EVO. The KI team(s) have been super savvy when it comes to taking every opportunity they can.

ElTopo

Banned
I want a KOF that plays like 98 with selectable Grooves and air blocking. And please no long combo/TOD nonsense. That and most of the characters being fleshed out would be nice...

Revven

Wouldn't it be amazing if we got all of the following announced?:
TxSF
CapcomGame
Smash 4 Character
KOFXIV
Guilty Gear Xrd Character

It could be a pretty spectacular event, rivaling Evo.

That would make for a great event indeed. Though it is such a pipe dream lol.

Top Bottom