• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 23-29 | Forever Yung at heArt

Daigo isn't even going to qualify lmao

I know this is probably sarcasm but he doesn't have to win a Premier event to qualify. Just earn enough points and you're in, and that's not that hard to do honestly when their are 16 of those spots to earn and you're Daigo and has the sponsor to send him to the events he needs to attend to win or earn points.

By EVO, there could be about 4 qualified players in top 4. There usually aren't consolation matches to separate 5 and 6th as well as 7th and 8th. The consolation match would be hype.

I know this is probably sarcasm but he doesn't have to win a Premier event to qualify. Just earn enough points and you're in, and that's not that hard to do honestly when their are 16 of those spots to earn and you're Daigo and has the sponsor to send him to the events he needs to attend to win or earn points.

participation points

shaowebb

Oh wow...I just found out there was a PS2 to Wii adapter that has great reviews specifically for using fightsticks on wii. I got the ps2 15th anniversary SF stick and TvC on Wii. My local scene plays TvC but sticks are rare and expensive. I own my own hori stick for Wii, but with this I can actually setup a second stick for the scene without goin in the hole!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Oh wow...I just found out there was a PS2 to Wii adapter that has great reviews specifically for using fightsticks on wii. I got the ps2 15th anniversary SF stick and TvC on Wii. My local scene plays TvC but sticks are rare and expensive. I own my own hori stick for Wii, but with this I can actually setup a second stick for the scene without goin in the hole!

There's something for everyone.

shaowebb

There's something for everyone.

Wii had a shitload of old Neogeo arcade stuff up digitally, The Orochi Saga KoF collection, Samurai Showdown, kickass shmups like the Milestone Collections and Castle Shikigami 3, and a metric fuckload of other titles besides the Neogeo digital stuff that was digital and would be great on stick or at least a competent PS2 pad for pad warriors.

Its a great find. Theres both a wired one that plugs into the cube port and a wireless one with turbo that actually is getting better performance than the old TvC official stick on the Wii. Hell the wired one needs checked to see if its a cheap method to try and play smash on cube controllers for Wii U honestly...

It isn't just useful for TvC alone...It really is for everyone when you look at all that.

From what I remember

Daigo
Ex Pugera
Poongko
Kazunoko
Bonchan
Gamerbee

Hm so basically Final Round minus a few names. Not too bad I guess.

As for CPT I wish they scrap the point system and just do winners (and if previous winner wins again then whoever is next in line). So the final Capcom Cup will be tournament of the champions.

Azure J

Wii VC is godlike.

Crazy how that happened. Meanwhile on Wii U/3DS VC:

i4qmOx1H65Ee6.png

Anne

KI S2 character designs look so much cooler ;_; get it off Xbone please.

I wish the new guys got to touch it sooner. Characters could've been cooler from the start and the system might've had way more appeal.

mbpm1

Daigo's just gonna get double jeopardy'd by Fchamp lol

Heard he beat Fchamp recently, any truth to it?

I have a feeling a lot of tournaments now are going to have to live up to FR.

That's every year though. Final Round has always been the 2nd biggest only to EVO. CEO had a big explosion a few years ago and is still going strong (and might past in the future), but I think it's safe to assume that as of right now Final Round is still universally agreed the 2nd biggest Major.

From Kappa

What's the format? I hope it's not 2/3. At least 3/5 if it's just a double elimination tournament.

As for Final Round, like I said in the FR thread it now had the 2nd biggest SF4 tourney outside of EVO. The old record which they held was 426, now it's at least 470.

Top Bottom