• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 9-15 | Nothing happened

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah man it has to be Xbox related.

Also there was no issue with Twitch this weekend, it was a venue problem for the most part. I watched other streams and they were fine all weekend long.
Twitch was also acting funky this weekend, but mostly on Friday. Streams wouldn't even load.

Most hyped tournament of the fall ended up being a slideshow is way bigger than EVO on 360 (quick avenue for Chris G jokes), of which we don't even know the specifics in case games that are better on PS3 will still be on PS3. Unless there's some creative way you can finagle them together.

Fighting Games Weekly | Less RAM, Less lag, they said

AnFox

Fighting Games Weekly | EVO does a 360 and walks away

hallelujahknicks.gif

The only way I see evo being run on 360 is if microsoft donated a bunch with hopes of KI being a main game. There is no way imo that they have enough of their own money to buy that many 360s.

I'm gonna laugh if they end up using original 360s and get rrod problems but that would be stupid of either party depending on how they were obtained.

Hopefully the switch works out well. Also is todd's list speculative?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only way I see evo being run on 360 is if microsoft donated a bunch with hopes of KI being a main game. There is no way imo that they have enough of their own money to buy that many 360s.

I'm gonna laugh if they end up using original 360s and get rrod problems but that would be stupid of either party depending on how they were obtained.

Hopefully the switch works out well. Also is todd's list speculative?
Aren't any hopes, in the contract somewhere there had to be a clause where it's a main game, perhaps played later on finals day too (which is cool, it will likely get more entrants than every game outside of the Big Two, Injustice and Melee).

Microsoft probably has a ton of demo units they can pull from. Things might get complicated with DLC though (having USF4 helps, but there are a ton of other games with DLC they'll need to pre-load).

I bloody well hope so.

yea I was about to say if mk9 made it back again lol. That shit would be insane

Aren't any hopes, in the contract somewhere there had to be a clause where it's a main game, perhaps played later on finals day too (which is cool, it will likely get more entrants than every game outside of the Big Two, Injustice and Melee).

Microsoft probably has a ton of demo units they can pull from. Things might get complicated with DLC though (having USF4 helps, but there are a ton of other games with DLC they'll need to pre-load).

yea we'll see how it goes.

Kalamari

No. EVO confirmed they are talking about Xbox 360.

I realize they are talking about 360s, but I would be surprised if MS just offered free consoles with no strings attached.

Unless the EVO organizers decided to purchase 360 consoles for the event, which could be plausible.

Rhapsody

Banned
10 more years of running on the inferior platform?

Did Sony ever sponsor EVO or did they just commit because of T5DR?

The latter. Pretty sure Wizard has stated before that it wasn't a sponsorship. By the time they learned about the PS3 lag, they probably didn't want to buy a ton of 360s.

Edit: Guess I was mistaken

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The MS thing was a long time in the making. There were hints of it here and there. Road to EVO event CEO stands by Xbox and has been sponsored by MS. Now the other EVO events may follow.

Top Bottom