• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Layer EX releasing before end of June on PS4. Steam version will be released later if the game is successful.

Leonidas

AKIRA made the following info available today.

-Standard version is $59.99 (includes 15 Gougi decks w/ 12 characters)
-Light version is $39.99 (includes 5 Gougi decks w/ 12 characters)
-Digital only (physical release possible if successful)
-Steam version a possibility (if successful)
-Japanese VA (no English)
-DLC colors (Type-A and Type-Gold)
-Legacy controllers will not be supported at launch
-Focused on bringing back original cast before new characters are created

Roster (two yet to be announced)
-Allen Snider
-Blair Dame
-Darun Mister
-Doctrine Dark
-Garuda
-Jack (formerly known as Cracker Jack)
-Kairi
-Shadowgeist
-Shirase (Hokuto as a variation)
-Skullomania

All information taken from the livestream.

Played the beta and enjoyed my limited time in the game. Watched the stream and the talk of other potential versions of the game was strange. They stated the game was not an exclusive but then went on to say they would begin work on releasing it for Steam only after the PlayStation version was finished and if the game does well...

MR. GRUMPY MOD EDIT - LET'S NOT OVER DRAMATISE WHAT APPEARS TO BE HAPPENING HERE IN THE HOPE OF CREATING OUTRAGE. FROM WHAT'S POSTED HERE THIS ALL SEEMS TO BE PRETTY STANDARD PRACTICE FOR SITUATIONS OF THIS KIND.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ar¢tos

Small Japanese studio making a game for the platform with the biggest install base before deciding if it is worth making other versions... Truly shocking...
"Being held hostage" seems a bit overdramatic.

Codes 208

Thats not holding it hostage, thats a "wait and see" scenario to make sure their game even has an audience to support it. Holding it hostage would be if sony paid for it being a timed exclusive just to spite steam.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
I've edited the title to make it far less reactionary.

If more information is posted to suggest that the game is 'being held hostage" in some way then it can be edited again. Until that time, it is only what it is and I'd be really grateful if we could all move on from the original title and discuss the information that we actually do have.

Thank you.

Shifty

Interested if it comes to PC. Looks like a bit of wild fun, and I'm nostalgic for the Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha cast.

The light edition is an interesting idea. Are those deck slots, or actual premade loadouts?

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Nice, still have the beta installed. Hope they got it to 1440p or CB 2160 on PRO since they had no 4k option in the demo...Very nice looking game and it plays great....Darun Mister, here I come...

kunonabi

I'll bite on the the standard version at launch. I normally wait for sales but I really want to support Arika. Hopefully it goes better than DBFZ.

I was hoping for a boxed product but its a good way to see if there's still an audience for the EX characters. I guess it's going the route of Killer Instinct - an ecosystem that will evolve its combat mechanics and its features over the course of its development.

synce

I don't think sales will have an impact on whether it gets ported. Whether Sony pays for timed exclusives or companies just want to maximize profits with people who "double down," there's been a pattern of games releasing on PC a year after PS4. I'll be waiting for that version.

I'm more concerned with this gougi system. As I recall some of them were clearly overpowered, and it costs $20 extra to get the full set? It sounds too much like pay to win

shinkai

I hope that this will succeed, more fighting games is always a good thing. Will be buying the standard edition.

Standard is my claim for it. I gotta have Hokuto, even if she's just a slightly different Shirase. That and supporting the game.

I'm there day 1 to support the developer. I just hope they let us give some input on what kind of new characters they develop.

I think they're primarily focusing on redesigning some of their classic characters first before moving onto a new roster. I love what I'm seeing so far. Although I was bummed by the fact that there's no retail boxed release, its a great way to 'test the waters' to see if there's enough interest.

Top Bottom